Is Ark dying ?

Kylir10

On 5/23/2018 at 11:56 AM, GP said:

Do you expect most games to keep the same level of playerbase over 3 years?

Do you people really expect a game to keep growing in player base year after year when it gets older and new games keep getting released?

You all act as if this drop in players is unique to ARK, it is not, it is natural for any game that has been in existence for 3 years or more.

You do realize the first 2 years don't count since it was in Beta? And even then, loosing over 50% of the population in just 3 years, that's not good.

Also add to the fact that it hasn't even been a year since ark's official release and population is down by this much.

You people play on your safe unofficial and act like you know how it is to play on official pvp, lol. Atleast be constructive if you're gonna be a brown noser.

All these above posts from unofficial players is pretty hilarious.

As i said, dev's didn't even fix some of the core issues in this game and they're pushing for the final DLC, this is the main reason many of my friends quit.

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest DJRone89
1 hour ago, TracerBee said:

You people play on your safe unofficial and act like you know how it is to play on official pvp, lol.

Please point me to the posts on this thread that indicate that?

On 5/21/2018 at 7:14 PM, GP said:

It's certainly not dead no.

Is it dying? Certainly not on unofficial.

Unofficial has none of:

• Lag
  • DDoS
  • Under Meshing

Pretty much everything that people claiming is causing the death of the game, besides bugs, is not on unofficial servers.

Just because all of that happens on official servers does not mean the game is dying, because there is more to the game than just official servers. So no, the game is not dying.

Thats a sad claim to make, are you implying that people whom are sick of the said issues on Ark's own official servers should just give up and play on unofficial?

2 hours ago, TracerBee said:

You do realize the first 2 years don't count since it was in Beta? And even then, loosing over 50% of the population in just 3 years, that's not good.

Also add to the fact that it hasn't even been a year since ark's official release and population is down by this much.

You people play on your safe unofficial and act like you know how it is to play on official pvp, lol. Atleast be constructive if you're gonna be a brown noser.

All these above posts from unofficial players is pretty hilarious.

As i said, dev's didn't even fix some of the core issues in this game and they're pushing for the final DLC, this is the main reason many of my friends quit.

Actually Beta does count. Just because it's not an official release doesn't mean it wasn't available. As long as a game is available to players its analytics are significant.

Guest DJRone89
3 hours ago, Malorne said:

Thats a sad claim to make, are you implying that people whom are sick of the said issues on Ark's own official servers should just give up and play on unofficial?

That’s not what he is implying at all. Many official players have the perception that official is the only game mode that matters overall but there are tens of thousands of unofficial servers that don’t experience the problems officials do, so to claim the game is dying solely by the state of officials is not a true representation of the whole game.

15 hours ago, DJRone89 said:

That’s not what he is implying at all. Many official players have the perception that official is the only game mode that matters overall but there are tens of thousands of unofficial servers that don’t experience the problems officials do, so to claim the game is dying solely by the state of officials is not a true representation of the whole game.

The perception is correct. Official is the proper way to play the game. It is the top league in ARK where as Unofficial servers are equivalent to playing in a B League.

39 minutes ago, ForzaProiettile said:

The perception is correct. Official is the proper way to play the game. It is the top league in ARK where as Unofficial servers are equivalent to playing in a B League.

I wouldn't say theres a 'proper' way to play Ark. I would never say official or unofficial is the 'proper' way to play the game, just different play styles and conditions. Depends on the style of play you want. For me I have a life and can't play constantly so I play unofficial so I can decide to take extended breaks for work, life or a different game without worrying. Doesnt make it any more or less of a 'proper' way to play.

I also would'nt say official or unofficial is the top league of ark. It is a bit of a silly statement and comparison if you ask me. A properly configured unofficial could be the same as official, made easier or made harder, for example. 

26 minutes ago, DESTROYER said:

Yes ark is dying although dying can be applied to anything like the sun is dying sure it has a few hundred million more years left but it's still dying.

I'm probably way off but you get the point ark is dying but still has a few good years of life left.

The sun is 4.6 billion years old, shall consume our planet in about 5 billion years and die in about 10 billion years according to a quick google search. We've got a few years left lol :D

Guest DJRone89
1 hour ago, ForzaProiettile said:

Your perception is flawed yes so I’ll ask you this question; why would unofficials exist if officials are the only way you’re supposed to play this game?

Better yet, why do the developers sponser modders and pay them thousands of dollars each month if only officials matter?

I love playing this game.  I play it on Solo and I have not experienced these bugs that so many complain about.  If there was one negative I'd say about the game it would be the clipping of dinos, such as the big brontosaurus types clipping their tails into the ground, or my tame dinos poking their heads and/or tails through the stone walls of their pens. 

Interesting.  I just checked Steams Top 10 games by current player count and, as usual, ARK is there.  

You tend to see a lot of posts from unofficial players in threads like this, but that's to be expected.  The VAST majority of ARK's player base is on unofficial servers and always has been.  That's not to say the opinion of official server players is entirely irrelevant of course.  ?

Watched 40 minutes out of 1 hour video...

1. i didnt see "megatribe". Just 4-5 players on a shabby raft having primitive fun.

2. "Meshing" as you describe it automagically happens when you have raft on raft action whether you want it or not.

3. Linking 1 hour video that proves none of your points is... pointless (duh).

11 hours ago, AngrySaltire said:

The sun is 4.6 billion years old, shall consume our planet in about 5 billion years and die in about 10 billion years according to a quick google search. We've got a few years left lol :D

I was waaaayyyy off I probably should have done a Google search before I made that post, a few hundred million I should have added another digit.

But the point remains dying is a relative term given to something that is gradually ceasing to exist or function, the factor of time is just a variable.

Guest DJRone89
17 hours ago, Esoya said:

The TEK-Stuff has nothing to do with Dino's. So i have to play Prim+.

But Prim+ has giant floating obelisks and implant in your arm, better uninstall the game.

If you go by:

80% of players prefer smaller tribes of less than 10: in spite of the meta being dominated by mega tribes.

I think that there is a very large "floating" portion of the population, that drifts in and out, hoping for the PvP/PvE official systems to be completely overhauled. These players periodically gives the game a chance again, then drifts out again when they are disappointed by the lack of progress.

This would account for a large number of potential lost, but possible to regain players.

The official multiplayer rule-sets continue to cater to the minority portions of the population, and counteract many of the primary draws for individuals playing the game in the first place: open world adventure (countered by over-expansion) and player/tribe progression (countered by easy wiping).

I would LOVE to see a similar poll on whether players prefer raiding/wiping vs a focus on open world pvp with more safe yet smaller bases (to facilitate wider no-mans land areas for skirmishing).

I'd also love to see a PvE player poll about whether they prefer the current dino farm system, or would prefer a barn system that let them have more dinos, but less active dinos, and allow you to feed/breed them via an interface, rather than needing them active in-game.

I at least find it promising that the devs are actually opening communication on the topics, however.

On 5/22/2018 at 5:00 PM, SlipperySquid said:

I think foot soldiers play a crucial role in PvP however i do not think in a dino game they should be the main show. I think what you are saying here showcases how far the game has became being a Dinosaur survival game.

I feel currently both Dinos and foot soldiers do have a role to play in tribal war. Someone on foot can set up traps to lure in X or Y dino to catch them in traps so that your dinos can pounce and so on. Maybe even set up some C4 traps and other things along those lines.

If you came to a server on foot do you feel like you could do the same things with the new turrets? Or do you feel like there is no room in the current game/meta for smaller tribes to have that experience anymore? I personally do not feel there is room for the little guy anymore however from reading your stories maybe their is still that niche.

Here is a good point, The fact the game is very one sided now also. I see guys with a PT and beer take down big bases with movment speed so often now. Its a bad set up most dont even need dino to raid a base.  Yes you can put up heavys and fill them but if there person has the right speed and a good PT he can spin through them and blow it up, and most of the time it happens when there is no one on or around.

The dinos seem to be less involved atm to me anyway, Stegos with vegi cakes are so OPed its crazy. i guy a traided with did a raid him and his friend hit a mega base with 2 PTs and a stego this base has a poop load of heavys and all that and still just the 2 of them got in.

I feel there needs to be a better balance to the game, i like what they done with some of the dinos but still needs a lot more done. Gigas are still a dam long raise and with the saddle nurf they are just dead in seconds seem pointless to raise now as you can take a giga down with a good Rex or thezy with cakes.

The way the devs thought people would play to the way we play is way off i feel, The alliance is the big thing they need to look at also. Megas have killed the game off really if your a 5,10 man tribe you dont stand a chance anymore, it eather join with a mega or get wiped.

Lets not get into unofficials right now im talking about officials the servers wildcard put up for us to play on.

On 5/27/2018 at 12:44 PM, AngrySaltire said:

I wouldn't say theres a 'proper' way to play Ark.

There is.

It's called 'survival evolved'. PvE is not 'survival' because the game PvE content is trivial, even on Aberration. 

Unofficial servers with numerous rules aren't it either, as those make 'survival' easiest.

True survival servers are officials or similarly harsh environments, where the competition is toughest.

Guest DJRone89
5 hours ago, Cullis said:

There is.

It's called 'survival evolved'. PvE is not 'survival' because the game PvE content is trivial, even on Aberration. 

Unofficial servers with numerous rules aren't it either, as those make 'survival' easiest.

True survival servers are officials or similarly harsh environments, where the competition is toughest.

Why does the sponsered mod programme exist? Why would the devs invest in something that may never be added to the core game?

It seems the devs vision on how to play the game differs massively in comparison to the official server playerbase’s perception.

Archived