Is Ark dying ?

Kylir10

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On ‎5‎/‎21‎/‎2018 at 11:06 AM, Kylir10 said:

So is ark dying or dead?

In my eyes its dying, Due to the toxic players and the long long long list of issues in the game. You have people that cant fight fair needing to DDOS or undermap just to name a few. And there not the only Issues that game itself is broken at the core really. the lag is amazing the fact we have dinos starving why they have max food in them losing dinos through the ground or in the ark itself.

Losing your level 113 character with so many imprinted dinos (sure they will give you the 100 levels back but all that work you just lose to ther bug in the game).

Can Wild Card fix some of the issues? we will have to wait and see as most was here from alpha and are still here. What about toxic players? the cheaters the dupers the undermapers?

Well wild card has started to work on them on PC but I fear its to little to late, even more so for us that its already happend to more than once. The game is just not fun we cant even go for a little raid no without someone crying to a megas tribe thats will just DDOS the crap out of the server and offline you no fair fights anymore.

Sure there will be a lot of people that still love the game and good for you Im happy some are still enjoying it, I have just lost another 6 members who just cant put up with the bugs glitches and cheaters in the game anymore. One dude lost 3 characters in the same day no word of a lie 3!!! Due to a server he went to do the tek cave on getting roledback by a group claming to be SC. He farmed up a lot of mats to get into that fight and lost everything.

I would love to hear other players point of views, good or bad.

Yes; and I try to fight it and fight it while denying it so hard but boredom in ark comes with many words. Then, the hacktivism in PvP is likely to get even the ethical players into serious trouble. We had a serious defense on our server for the last 32-hours. In those 32-hours ping rates were at a steady 255. I could not build because others were being hostile towards each other. In fact, I had a therizino taming raft filled with nothing but narcotics and the visiting tribe sank that despite that it was just a taming trap.  

Because of the DDOS, because of the DUPING:
I told them to get lost, and I bitched them out every single time that I wanted to build, tame, or do something. Hell; I had forgotten the part where they raided us once. I was so mad about the constant whiplash that I forgot about that. In addition; I submitted tickets to ark support.

36 hour duping triggering a slaughter of bitching, well. I guess ark is not all that bad. (NEVER AGAIN)!

(I hope that the hypocrisy in the terms of service is well expressed. It because a boring game of ddos while wanting to play so getting pissed of at other players, but cannot do anything.) 

On 7/7/2018 at 10:59 AM, DJRone89 said:

I didn’t say anything about it being easy, I said it would still take the same amount of time. Besides I host my own private cluster, why the hell would I waste my time helping someone else who’s too lazy to look themselves. Your server requirements are too specific for a UI overhaul to work to your liking anyway.

because you cant :D

On 7/7/2018 at 6:58 PM, ANDRAD said:

just check steam charts,its gaining more players actually

Kinda makes you wonder how threads like this get started, when the relevant info is so easy to find.

In case the rest of you good folks aren't aware, ARK is on the uptick again (in it's usual cyclic pattern), with the last 30 days showing some of the strongest numbers in its history.

https://steamcharts.com/app/346110

If you prefer something a bit more moment to moment, when I checked just prior to this post ARK is resting comfortably in it's customary #7 ranking in STEAMS Top Games by Current Players list (of course that may shift a bit depending on when you check this list).

https://steamcharts.com/top

Of course all games have a limited lifespan, that's the nature of software and entertainment in general... but forecasting imminent death every time something occurs that  irritates you is, frankly, pretty silly.  Especially when it's so easy for folks to get the facts themselves.

2 hours ago, Ranger1 said:

Kinda makes you wonder how threads like this get started, when the relevant info is so easy to find.

In case the rest of you good folks aren't aware, ARK is on the uptick again (in it's usual cyclic pattern), with the last 30 days showing some of the strongest numbers in its history.

https://steamcharts.com/app/346110

If you prefer something a bit more moment to moment, when I checked just prior to this post ARK is resting comfortably in it's customary #7 ranking in STEAMS Top Games by Current Players list (of course that may shift a bit depending on when you check this list).

https://steamcharts.com/top

Of course all games have a limited lifespan, that's the nature of software and entertainment in general... but forecasting imminent death every time something occurs that  irritates you is, frankly, pretty silly.  Especially when it's so easy for folks to get the facts themselves.

For a 3 year old game ARK is doing surprisingly well. If you look at for instance Dark and Light which is a similar style it peaked at 14k players and now is down to 600. https://steamcharts.com/app/529180

The same is also true for Conan which came out and had a lot of sales in the first then completely died off for about a year and now with its launch its gone up a bit again but has already quickly begun to subside dropping from 49k to 24k players in 2 months.

https://steamcharts.com/app/440900

The reasons for both those games dieing off are largely due to significant gameplay issues that have never been resolved and in the case of Conan a really poor and inadequate developer team that consistently make glaring mistakes.

ARK's longevity is a healthy sign of its quality as a game. It was ground breaking upon release and despite many imitators none have managed to equal it.

2 Questions, 1st as far as ive seen on other sites & forums concerning the new DLC Extinction map a number have said 1 of the main reasons for it is to try and bring back a lot of the community that have quit playing ark for various reasons, 2nd again on other sites & forums the whole "submit a ticket request" seems to get a huge negative theme with a number simply stating "DONT BOTHER" which seems bad as id imagine it would help with bugs/ lag/ cheating etc but it seems hardly anything gets done.

Extinction DLC has been planned as part of the season pass since release. It has nothing to do with player population.

Although if they do it right and add certain things that have been neglected, it might help with bringing players back. 

As for tickets, "don't bother" is a common attitude but for good reason as the timeline for anything to be done about a average ticket is usuallly around 3 Weeks+

That includes getting the initial reply, setting up an appointment, etc. That also assumes they are allowed to do anything for you because of their "Internal Policy"

It really depends what GM answers your ticket

1st read the title he was asking a question and not making a statement hence the "?",  ive played ark since it was out on pc then xbox in both alpha/ preview to full release and the thing is more players have stopped playing ark for whatever reason whether its boredom or work etc compared to the amount of players still playing now. BUT what people have to remember is the gaming industry is real competitive, with big established companies like Blizzard/ Capcom/ Bethasda etc working on 1 or more games and have a huge following of loyal fans within the gaming community whereas WC hasnt, simply it happens with time players get bored and move on to the next game.

Guest DJRone89
3 hours ago, Inmate13 said:

as far as ive seen on other sites & forums concerning the new DLC Extinction map a number have said 1 of the main reasons for it is to try and bring back a lot of the community that have quit playing ark for various reasons

If that were the case you’d think they would release the content now, instead of waiting several months with the potential to lose more players.

By Extinction’s release, each paid DLC would have launched with ~1 year between them.

• Volunteer Moderator
5 hours ago, Inmate13 said:

2 Questions, 1st as far as ive seen on other sites & forums concerning the new DLC Extinction map a number have said 1 of the main reasons for it is to try and bring back a lot of the community that have quit playing ark for various reasons

This would be wrong because 3 DLC's (Scorched Earth, Aberration, Extinction) have been planned since the start. That in itself would tell you the main reason was not to bring back a lot of players.

5 hours ago, Inmate13 said:

2nd again on other sites & forums the whole "submit a ticket request" seems to get a huge negative theme with a number simply stating "DONT BOTHER" which seems bad as id imagine it would help with bugs/ lag/ cheating etc but it seems hardly anything gets done.

There will always be people saying don't bother, whether it be because they got no response or they got the response they didn't like. Doesn't mean support is bad. They've made changes to their PC bugs submissions recently, so clearly they are continuing to improve the service.

Steam average players has gained almost 20,000 players over the past 1.5 months, that wouldn't happen if the game was dieing. Is it slowly dieing? Most likely yes because most games after 3+ years begin to slowly die at some point. It's the natural order of things for most games, some die quicker, some die slower, but they all die eventually (just hopefully in many years to come).

And this is still a waste of money. It was back then, and still is now. There's still rubberbanding too, and there's still moving the camera below the ground to have free xray.

ETA When ark actually works is "never". And I sure as raptor did not buy this game to sit in single player.

See you in 1 year, I bet you that that raptoring camera thing will still be there, along with terrible dinosaur AI, rubber banding and all the other poop.

On the servers of Ark should, worry about correcting server errors, bugs and failures should be concerned in that instead of taking new updates and new events more failures and each player gets fed up with living at home error that has to happen, Well that's my opinion, but I'm glad to have played this great open-world survival game I catalog it one of the best of these 3 years.

Archived