Is Ark dying ?

Kylir10

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest DJRone89
1 hour ago, Nemfler said:

Ark is best survival game

I wouldn’t say it’s the best, but it’s the best at what it does because it doesn’t have any direct competition. I’m not dismissing the fact that it’s riddled with bugs but many people still play despite them, and would likely have quit a different game long ago had it had the same amount of issues.

Conan Exiles is a possible competitor however what draws many people to Ark is the whole dinosaur aspect of the game - not solely the survival part.

Until another development team builds a similar game with the same ideas, Ark will prolong its life and decline at a slower pace.

Not sure if this gets mentioned often, but does anyone else feel that the cost of raiding vs the cost of building/defending is still unbalanced? I'm just getting back in after playing 3-400 hrs in the first couple weeks the game came out and quitting, but it just feels way easier to blow in to a metal base than it does to secure one. Coming from 3000+ hrs in Rust, it just feels way to easy to farm explosives versus the building costs in ARK.

Takes about 12 hours for my plant x to get up to full maturity, but within that time frame I can farm flak/c4 to run by the turrets that I've been growing(real turrets take even longer). I'm still fairly new and playing solo on Official PvP, but the only bases that I can't raid are the huge established 10+ player tribes. I could probably farm the c4 in a day or two to wipe their bases, but there's no way I could secure a soaker breed line in my woefully secured base. 

I guess I could just raid everything but the alphas, but I feel guilty raiding those that clearly have little intention to PvP. Just wondering if there has ever been any balancing to the explosives/building costs over the years. Not even sure what the solutions could be.. no C4 AoE damage, lower explosive damage, higher explosive costs, lower building costs.. each have consequences. 

Ark started to die once they implemented those stupid transfer timers. It made it such a hassle to go to another server. You can't even scout another server to see if there is anything worth hitting without it being at least a 2 hour endeavor. Now say you do want to raid someone on the server. Thats another hour before you are even soaking a bullet. Just takes too much time. The sad part is they haven't even stopped duping but they keep them in there for the sole purpose of just saving face. 

I've noticed at the very least the forums seem to be a lot less active than they were a few months ago.  ARK won't last forever, people jump onto the bandwagon of whatever new games are hot at the time.  If the devs at least try to put a little bit of work into patching the game and throw out an expansion pack every 6 months they can keep this baby on life support for a few more years.  The announcement of Fallout 76 is bad news for games like ARK and Rust, because it means Mega conglomerate Game Devs are ready to jump into the survival genre, which means more over saturation.

1 hour ago, ForzaProiettile said:

They need to add a cluster of new PVP servers with max tribe sizes of 10 and no alliances. Then watch the game boom again. It will be like old times.

Creates all kinds of issues that the mega-tribe element resolves - but it would also put more content back into the game that the mega-tribe deletes. 

On 5/25/2018 at 1:53 PM, DJRone89 said:

The server browser is simply there so you can search for the server by name or scrolling. What you are asking for is a complete overhaul of the UI without making any suggestions to what they should add and implement. But given that the community forums was created by the developers and has its own tribe/server recruitment sections for each platform, I seriously doubt such an overhaul will ever happen.

If people refuse to look no further than the server browser in this technological day and age of social media and it’s multiple channels than that’s on them and can only be excused as laziness.

yes, and that overhaul is solution. none of those "social media" channels work. i dont want to spend hours every day so i can find server in 1 month

Guest DJRone89
1 hour ago, OttoGrunf said:

yes, and that overhaul is solution. none of those "social media" channels work. i dont want to spend hours every day so i can find server in 1 month

So you refuse to look on this sites very own tribe/server recruitment threads?

Not sure what happened, but our island, rag and SE servers have turned into what our ab server has been like for months. We’ve gone from 25-30 players consistently to 5-10 (with 10 being peak). 

Maybe extinction will bring some of these players back. Seems the timing is off about a month or two late for its release. 

I do find the new fresh servers fascinating though. There are 10 or so for each platform, and they are capped out. So maybe it’s time to rethink server settings if wildcard wants to retain players?  I’ll be curious to see if they stay capped for more than a couple weeks or if the newness wears off. They are boosted, which I think is exactly what many of the official server players want, but don’t get unless it’s an event. 

• 4 weeks later...

I think the games slow decline is natural at this point, but what is unnatural is how the game survived this long with all the problems. You can avoid most of the games faults by playing on unofficial servers but most new players are gonna go on official unknowingly of the issues which does bring the game down a bit. I think the game will make to extinction and beyond cause the devs are committed to content releases, I wish they felt the same way about bug fixes.

Ark isn't dead but it is dying fast.

The game is full of bugs and other technical issues. New players have no reason to stick around since they will have all their stuff destroyed an hour after they logout (This literally happened to me) so they are likely to just quit the game and never play it again.

Also once you get to the point where you have a decent sized base the game just becomes tedious work.

Guest DJRone89
5 hours ago, OttoGrunf said:

once again, do i have to waste hours and hours if not days to find server that suits my need and liking? maybe you have 12h per day to play games, other people dont

Your whole argument is about the servers not displaying the rates and how the UI should be overhauled to include it, yet you’re complaining about taking time out of your life to find servers on a site that you would still need to do if it was included in the UI.

The hypocrisy of your statement is outstanding, bravo.

On 7/4/2018 at 7:19 PM, DJRone89 said:

Your whole argument is about the servers not displaying the rates and how the UI should be overhauled to include it, yet you’re complaining about taking time out of your life to find servers on a site that you would still need to do if it was included in the UI.

The hypocrisy of your statement is outstanding, bravo.

my statement is right, its dumb that players have to spend insane amount of time to find good severs instead to open server browser and find all info they need right there

Guest DJRone89
3 minutes ago, OttoGrunf said:

my statement is right, its dumb that players have to spend insane amount of time to find good severs instead to open server browser and find all info they need right there

So you admit to being a hypocrite? It will take you the same amount of time browsing this site to find a server as it would an in game browser.

3 minutes ago, DJRone89 said:

So you admit to being a hypocrite? It will take you the same amount of time browsing this site to find a server as it would an in game browser.

haha you are trying to insult me, but i will ignore it. ok, if its that easey find me a medium populated server (more than 10 people most of the time, less than 35) in europe with out any mods, with rates from x1 to x3, pvp, with ragnarok and aberration in cluster (fine if there are other maps too but not requirement) and bonus would be if modern items are disabled (longneck is ok, but no assault rifle and similar) but its not requirement.

its 10:48 (gmt+2)  on july the 7th so lets see how much time it will take you to easy find that server

Guest DJRone89
7 minutes ago, OttoGrunf said:

haha you are trying to insult me, but i will ignore it. ok, if its that easey find me a medium populated server (more than 10 people most of the time, less than 35) in europe with out any mods, with rates from x1 to x3, pvp, with ragnarok and aberration in cluster (fine if there are other maps too but not requirement) and bonus would be if modern items are disabled (longneck is ok, but no assault rifle and similar) but its not requirement.

its 10:48 (gmt+2)  on july the 7th so lets see how much time it will take you to easy find that server

I didn’t say anything about it being easy, I said it would still take the same amount of time. Besides I host my own private cluster, why the hell would I waste my time helping someone else who’s too lazy to look themselves. Your server requirements are too specific for a UI overhaul to work to your liking anyway.

Archived