Why nerf ichthy's and plesio's speed but leave mantas untouched?

FantasticGuy1

The ichthyosaurus, according to the wiki, had/has a base speed of 2376, while the manta still has a base speed of 2700. This makes it far faster even before the speed nerf and the fastest creature in the ocean. I can't think of why the manta should be that much faster than the ichthy especially when it excels at combat and isn't much harder to tame. I'd either revert the ichthy speed or change the manta's. Share your opinion.

On 5/20/2018 at 8:07 AM, FantasticGuy1 said:

The ichthyosaurus, according to the wiki, had/has a base speed of 2376, while the manta still has a base speed of 2700. This makes it far faster even before the speed nerf and the fastest creature in the ocean. I can't think of why the manta should be that much faster than the ichthy especially when it excels at combat and isn't much harder to tame. I'd either revert the ichthy speed or change the manta's. Share your opinion.

I could not agree more and have shared my thoughts on this change in the following thread:

I hope wildcard has additional adjustments in the works as the fastest swimmer (Manta) saw no adjustments and the Mosa was made faster than a Plesi (at least as far when ridden by players). Furthermore, the Ichty had lower base speed and gained less speed per point prior to the patch when compared to the Manta - who again was not altered. I still struggle to understand the goal of this adjustment.

Archived