Which map do you like the most and why?

Allanballan

1. Ragnarok (huuuge and beautiful map, almost every creature, very thought-out caves with bosses, you can pick up black pearls, etc.)

2. The Island (because of nostalgia and it looks very good as well + you have 4 different bosses)

3. Scorched Earth (I love the ruins)

4. Aberration (too many restrictions like radiation, burning surface at daytime, spores, etc. and stupid earthquakes, no use for element if you haven't transfered your char, I really don't like it anymore - only had fun the first few days)

I never played on The Center and on the Valhalla map I haven't spent enough time to rate it...

Favorite Map: The Center

I like The Center the most because of it's landscape and many rivers that can take you wherever you want to go (almost). I like the map for it's ''special'' parts such as:

-The Center Island

-The BIG Ice cave with a castle

-The Underworld and all its challenging entrances to it

-The large caves, such as the Lava island and Ice caves

-Redwood is a MASTERPIECE! To take a walk among the big trees make you totally lost in time, Centers Redwood is so Immersive, Beautiful and Awesome! All maps should have this kind of Cozyness in Redwood forests.

-The Air Bubbles in the sea is a cool feature, out of the ordinary.

- The ruins around the map is such a piece of art.

-The deep deep deep deep sea - With a depth of x5 that of a normal map, this place is truly terryfying. The seas most dangerous creatures live here, massive caves and plenty of good underwater base build spots! This is a world of it's own! 

-The Fireflies at night is Lovely!

- The GIGA Spawns though I reckon was better before, when they could spawn on all parts of the map except Redwood. Seen from a survival game perspective. You were afraid of even to open your behemoth door and take a step out of the real world. U needed to build metal walls and 7 high on your enclosure if you wanted to be safe from them, I like that the game needs you to go through all build materials during your playtime. Nowadays stone will do. The GIGA spawns should be made a server setting, like 1 setting could be allover map, another setting only in hard area for example. 

The creator of The Center Ben Burkhart aka @evilmrfrank  is the single most talented map making person that I know of. Deepest love from the bottom of my heart<3

//AllanBallan

Hard one, I like all the maps to a certain extent. Its a toss up between the Island and Ragnarok for me. Love the Island because in terms of story progression its all there. Also its more compact of a map so its 'easier' to progress. Most places are easily accessible through land mounts, doesnt take long to walk a tame like a rex across the map. Love Ragnarok because its just so big, so diverse and has everything up to Scorched Earth in content. Great for exploring. Dont need to jump map to tame any creatures apart from the Aberation stuff. Just wish the music was better, same song for combat gets a bit repititive. I miss the Island soundtrack aswell as the Aberation one.

After that its hard to say. I love the Center, beautiful landscapes and I love the atmosphere with all the fireflies and thunderstorms etc. I just wish there was more of a pull to play it. No native creatures like Ragnarok and no access to wyverns and griffins and no access to the additional engrams such as scorched. Only thing to aim for really is the boss fights.

Then Aberation is great, map is just a bit too vertical to get my head around it but I do like the challenge. The music is my favourite on this map.

Finally Scorched, while I like the map and love the challenge it gives, I am not a fan of the monotonous biome of desert. Just varying amounts of sand and rock. I like my maps with a variety of environments like on Ragnarok.

Aberration was a unique feel and as mentioned the forced no flyers was fantastic! Its the one map i struggled for a week with buddies to get a foot hold. Not even prenerf scorched had the same grueling effect! I must say its been my favorite map mechanically. I liked the layouts and logistics but wasnt a big fan of the aestetics. Being an offical DLC map it ran nicely though.

Id say my favorite map is still the island for nostalgia and its density. Right now im delving through Scorched for the first serious time though! Didnt put much into it when it was released but bought it when it released

2 hours ago, ForzaProiettile said:

No glider has self propulsion which a Rock Drake clearly does. 

Sorry guys, ForzaProiettile is 100% correct here. Even though Rock Drakes can't flap their wings to achieve flight, they can jump...which means they have self-propulsion, and can float in the air after they jump. This means they can fly. If you don't believe me, just cruise out to New Guinea and check out those Sugar Flyers jumping off trees out there. They jump and fly the same way.

On 5/20/2018 at 1:59 AM, Allanballan said:

Hey folks,

Which map do you like the most and why? Including workshop maps.

Valhalla. I had such high hopes, I loved the full map layout and was hoping to see it get completed at some point. Truly felt like a big open world, moreso to me than any other map thus far. 

#1: Aberration  Its the most beautiful map in my opinion and has the most challenging terrain and an area that is truly just hazardous to traverse.

#2: Scorched Earth  Unique challenging weather effects and environment combined with a perfect desert aesthetic

#3: The island  The original with all the bosses and tek cave as well as the normal caves being the most polished available.

#4: Ragnarok  This would place higher if there were more servers for it and you could play there without tame cap/crippling lag, beautiful and expansive.

#5: The Center  Great concept on a large scale but feels the roughest of them all, you can tell it was the work of only one person.

caveat is i dont get much enjoyment out of the water content in this game so the maps with oceans will always be less appealing to me.

Best: The Center
Has heaps of good building spots, best for resources, awesome features like the underworld, floating island, skull island, underwater bubbles & more, ocean is by far the best, best layout & high level tames.

Worst: The Island
Worst for building spots, average resources, looks plain, small map, smallest and worst underwater, low level tames, too many mountains/hills and not enough flat area.

8 hours ago, ForzaProiettile said:

No glider has self propulsion which a Rock Drake clearly does. 

6 hours ago, LouSpowells said:

Sorry guys, ForzaProiettile is 100% correct here. Even though Rock Drakes can't flap their wings to achieve flight, they can jump...which means they have self-propulsion, and can float in the air after they jump. This means they can fly. If you don't believe me, just cruise out to New Guinea and check out those Sugar Flyers jumping off trees out there. They jump and fly the same way.

Valhalla. I had such high hopes, I loved the full map layout and was hoping to see it get completed at some point. Truly felt like a big open world, moreso to me than any other map thus far. 

Ahh okay! Good to know, you have changed my mind. Maybe thats why i felt bored after getting a few nice drakes (usually the same with quetz on other maps)

Archived