Leedsichthys removal from server

I am trying to remove Leedsichthys from my windows 10 dedicated crossplay server. I am hosting from my pc. I have tried to following as was recommended by others when searching the web.

I navigated to the C:\Users\######\AppData\Local\Packages\StudioWildcard.45...\LocalState\Saved\UWPConfig\UWP and found the game.ini

I added this line 

NPCReplacements=(FromClassName="Leedsichthys_Character_BP_C",ToClassName="Trilobite_Character_C")

also tried with just

NPCReplacements=(FromClassName="Leedsichthys_Character_BP_C",ToClassName="")

and then destroyed all the wild dinos and they still respawned after each attempt. 

It pretty much ruins a once great aspect of the game that my girl friend and I enjoyed. Can someone please help us? I have looked on so many forums of people with similar experiences and yet I cannot find a solution to my problem. Any help is greatly appreciated. Be my hero. 

respectfully,

earthwarder

8 hours ago, SteveD said:

I'm trying to do something similar, but its increase alpha spawn rates... ive tried a couple different codes for the past 3-4 days, and nothing seems to really change

I've tried every single combination of known config, and increasing alpha spawn rates is impossibru. Someone once explained to me how alphas didn't have their own spawns, it was tied to the class of their non-alpha spawn. Or something like that. I remember it vaguely.

While a bit manual and somewhat tedious if you intend to have many spawns spread across the map, this mod is perfect for increasing spawns:

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1295978823

But yeah, a better overhaul mod where you could easily place spawns within the "spawn areas" already on the map, would make a nice mod!

• 7 months later...

Archived