Is this building (semi floating structure) illegal now?

AmyRainbow

I made a structure to fit with the land and the weather pattern of the area, so the snow storms blow through below the glass sections of the building. It took a long time to work out and build, on official PVE server. Everyone on the server has commented on how good it looks and often comes to visit and ask about it if they are new. My concern is that as it is only 'attached' to the ground  by 1 main support pillar (and an elevator track) is it considered as an exploit and 'floating structure? the ground is layered in foundations and the only reason I decided to try and make it floating is to showcase the fantastic snow storms that pass that area that may otherwise be obstructed by the base. The result is, it also look pretty impressive (to me anyway) Could I get some feedback and if so I will add the necessary additional pillars if need be. It would be a reall shame to obstruct but I dont want the whole structure to be destroyed with no warning! It's our home!! :)x

20180307051408_1.jpg

It is illegal, and comes with a very strict penalty. You have also built in an endangered wildlife reserve location.

You will have to pay a fine of 10,000 ingots and your breeding license will be revoked for a period of 90 days during which you will have to relocate and rebuild your entire base.

After the 90 day period, a safety and building inspector will come to your server to make sure your new structure is rebuilt to proper code.

If you do not meet the 90 day deadline your steam account will be suspended.  

This is non negotiable.

Hello,

Just so the build remains. Do nothing to the pillars. 

I would add a second support of walls and a foundation. If that is even possible to build down. I mean just to have a second structure support that is not pillar and ladders. But walls ceilings and most likely a pillar with ladder to ground it all.

Hope it helps keeping you safe or safer.

Regards,

Ariana 

Is this the old building mechanic prior to fix? I know theres a few legacy bases with floating buildings but unless they rework the foundation support system this is totally legit. You arent even using the floating pillars :) 

In fact, I do every single bridge/ramp in this fashion. Ive had a GM in my base back on legacy and he had nothing to say about it. (I also had a floating building like this) 

You are fine :) I would worry more about ninja foundation support changes than a ban.

Archived