Upcoming Tribe Size Limit?

1 hour ago, Cowgirl said:

I play PVE so I don't know much about PVP but wouldn't people just do something like have 15 small tribes all allied together with community codes on stuff and it kind of makes them one large tribe? The only difference is you can't ride an allies dino or refresh their timers.

Yes the thing with the pincodes would work, but as soon as you have turrets at your base it becomes a problem. In hectic pvp scenarios it is also hard if your ally is not marked as such, no name tags or ally chat. Also, every tribe would have to build his own stuff like spawn points and the like. Leadership and the social component are different... It is possible but much more complicated than it is now.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest DJRone89

I don’t even play official and I know more about the news than most of you.

The devs have made several announcements about specialty servers but as soon as you see a poll, you all lose your poop. It’s hilarious to watch.

Keep up the laughs.

They need to stop limiting this game and give more freedom. Sucks not everyone can make it to the end game but that's the way it is. By the time they get done with this game it will be a minecraft spin off to cater to the casual.

10 man tribe is crazy to me. My tribe works so well together and has 70 plus people working together. That alone is worth the effort and stress.

You casuals begged to get servers wiped for a fair chance. Where are you now?

15 minutes ago, DJRone89 said:

I don’t even play official and I know more about the news than most of you.

The devs have made several announcements about specialty servers but as soon as you see a poll, you all lose your poop. It’s hilarious to watch.

Keep up the laughs.

you're making an assumption that the tribe limit will revolve around those specialty servers (" that last for a short period of time" means they'll be a joke, a bun of modded servers). some people assume they plan to clamp the main cluster. i don't know. both are assumptions for now. i'm just making a case why every pvp server would benefit from it.

3 hours ago, natman said:

Exactly. And @BertNoobians i guess our experiences differ there... small tribes are often attacked by the big ones, be it just for fun, because big tribes want the whole server for themselves or that it is collateral damage during a war between the big tribes. As it stands now, small tribes have no perspective whatsoever, they wont reach endgame content, they dont play a role in politics and they are at the mercy of the large tribes. Although the playerbase seems to enjoy small tribe gameplay the most, it is not what the official version of the game supports atm.

we let the little tribes grow freely, and they become strong, so strong that a invading megatribe can barely take them on and they even thought once it was the alpha tribe on the server.
defense and attacking fobs are done together. griefing among the little tribes is not allowed.
you obviously have experience with a very bad megatribe.

Just gonna say it won’t happen on current official servers. How would you split up a tribe of 100 that has tames and buildings you would have to wipe the servers for it to work because someone’s always going to complain that they didn’t get there stuff or got shafted on the split. It’s just a poll like the one they did for permanent titanosaur 

13 hours ago, ForzaProiettile said:

The thing is it has been my experience that most players in mega tribes at heart are PVE players (no offense). Most of the reason they all banded together was because they got smashed in PVP and sought out strength through numbers. I've noticed this effect several times on the servers where I have done PVP on. You wipe out a small to medium tribe and come back the next week and they are talking smack in global now as part of the mega tribe.

There are some good PVP players in megas I can vouch for this. I have been in several but they tend to be the exception rather than the rule. Most of the players are pure grinders/farmers/breeders/slaves who don't really like PVP and would rather base build then fight.

What will sting the mega tribe players the most is the lack of server domination. Currently things are very cosy for most megas. They always have someone online and with their numbers and resources they can constantly eliminate every other tribe on the server thus keeping it safe. With far reduced numbers and little or no alliances that kind of thing is no longer realistic. 

I very much agree with this 

Guest DJRone89
7 hours ago, eESTlane said:

you're making an assumption that the tribe limit will revolve around those specialty servers (" that last for a short period of time" means they'll be a joke, a bun of modded servers). some people assume they plan to clamp the main cluster. i don't know. both are assumptions for now. i'm just making a case why every pvp server would benefit from it.

They said in the same tweet that a megatribe consists of 10+ people, just for the sake of the poll - which is because of the specialty servers. It’s not an assumption but carry on losing your poop because you can’t work it out for yourselves.

17 hours ago, eESTlane said:

The game as a whole would be much better. The current state of PVP has not lived up to the potential this game has to offer. If you watch the game trailers you could be forgiven for thinking Official servers were all about tribes going hard at one another in a relatively even fight. When the game came out in 2015 it was like this for the first few months. My tribe had non stop action on our server. Every day we were fighting someone different. It was all small tribes attacking each other. 

Sadly over time the level of PVP intensity in this game has diminished. Little to nothing happens most weeks on Official PVP severs and on several servers more then a month will pass before anything big at all happens if ever. For instance I was in a mega tribe for 3 months and I don't recall a single instance of anything big or threatening ever hit our server. It could have easily passed as a PVE server. 

The basic problem is established tribes on Official servers today very rarely attack one another since the majority of them are all in alliances holding hands and picking flowers. The only real action comes from so called "griefers" like me that go onto these idyllic servers and bring a bit of unwanted stress to their daily routine.

It is clear that something drastic needs to change in order to make the exciting again. If you look at any poll on this subject or even casually browse the forum to find what people are saying is the #1 issue it will be mega tribes and tribe sizes. It is not a new issue either it has been the major balance issue since launch that was left unchecked for too long and today we are seeing the sad results of this. An uncompetitive diluted PVP game of sorts where only a few tribes with a 100+ members can have any genuine hope of competing. 

At the end of the day PVP needs to be made competitive once again so that all players can have a fair chance and the only way to do that is to restrict tribe sizes. It is quite clear from numerous polls, forum posts and threads on here, Steam and Reddit that the majority of players see this as something that needs urgent attention.

It is the #1 Issue affecting this game currently. Forget about cheaters, dupers and hackers the damage uncontrolled tribe sizes has done to this game is far more significant even if it hasn't yet attracted the same kind of developer attention and fanfare.

It truly is a silent epidemic that has gotten well out of control.

On 5/17/2018 at 12:54 PM, ForzaProiettile said:

The thing is it has been my experience that most players in mega tribes at heart are PVE players (no offense). Most of the reason they all banded together was because they got smashed in PVP and sought out strength through numbers. I've noticed this effect several times on the servers where I have done PVP on. You wipe out a small to medium tribe and come back the next week and they are talking smack in global now as part of the mega tribe.

There are some good PVP players in megas I can vouch for this. I have been in several but they tend to be the exception rather than the rule. Most of the players are pure grinders/farmers/breeders/slaves who don't really like PVP and would rather base build then fight.

What will sting the mega tribe players the most is the lack of server domination. Currently things are very cosy for most megas. They always have someone online and with their numbers and resources they can constantly eliminate every other tribe on the server thus keeping it safe. With far reduced numbers and little or no alliances that kind of thing is no longer realistic. 

Lol  base build? To know how to build on pvp its one if not the main thing in this game. A guy that knows how to build correctly for pvp for me its the best pvp player there is.

4 hours ago, jpcab said:

Lol  base build? To know how to build on pvp its one if not the main thing in this game. A guy that knows how to build correctly for pvp for me its the best pvp player there is.

Base building is something that can be learned quite easily where as being skilled in PVP is something is not as easy to learn. Big difference.

Guest DJRone89
11 minutes ago, Corrigan said:

ITs reasonable to say that WC has determined Mega Tribes to be unbalanced/problematic for quite some time now. Why now do they take a poll?

Because everyone in this thread lacks reading comprehension. On that very same tweet reply was from another dev that mentioned the 10+ megatribe option was for the sake of the poll - they were more concerned about people’s thoughts on the smaller tribe options.

The whole reason the poll was put up is for the new specialty servers, gathering interest and suggestions.

5 hours ago, DJRone89 said:

Because everyone in this thread lacks reading comprehension. On that very same tweet reply was from another dev that mentioned the 10+ megatribe option was for the sake of the poll - they were more concerned about people’s thoughts on the smaller tribe options.

The whole reason the poll was put up is for the new specialty servers, gathering interest and suggestions.

Some people can read between the lines.  So it wasn't exactly fair to say we lack reading comprehension.

They knew they didn't need to take a poll to learn whether the majority preferred smaller tribe limits. Whether on specialty servers or not, they knew the answer already. Megatribes are cancer to the pvp environment. If they allow megatribes to exist on specialty servers at this point after having injected this into the playerbase, then someone needs to get fired because they truly are not looking out for the companies best interest. 

For all we know they took the poll to introduce the idea, informally. 

If they GENUINELY needed to confirm the FACT that megatribes are cancer and many would prefer smaller tribe limits on specialty servers, then this company is trash. I'm sorry. That means NO one in this company is paying attention to what's going on in game. I refuse to believe this company is that stupid so I adhere to the ladder. 

Guest DJRone89
43 minutes ago, Corrigan said:

Some people can read between the lines.  So it wasn't exactly fair to say we lack reading comprehension.

They knew they didn't need to take a poll to learn whether the majority preferred smaller tribe limits. Whether on specialty servers or not, they knew the answer already. Megatribes are cancer to the pvp environment. If they allow megatribes to exist on specialty servers at this point after having injected this into the playerbase, then someone needs to get fired because they truly are not looking out for the companies best interest. 

For all we know they took the poll to introduce the idea, informally. 

If they GENUINELY needed to confirm the FACT that megatribes are cancer and many would prefer smaller tribe limits on specialty servers, then this company is trash. I'm sorry. That means NO one in this company is paying attention to what's going on in game. I refuse to believe this company is that stupid so I adhere to the ladder. 

Lol. Given everyone’s opinion on the matter shows how much they don’t know what the intentions of the poll was for.

On ‎5‎/‎17‎/‎2018 at 5:41 AM, ForzaProiettile said:

There seems to be a lot of buzz lately on here and on the internet that in a future patch the tribe size limit will be changed from the current infinite limit to possibly a max of 10. I have noticed that one the developers (@Jen) recently asked for opinions on twitter about what tribe size most people prefer. From reading through the replies given it seems an extreme majority think that 5-10 should be the max tribe size with very few saying that mega tribes should remain. Even people in mega tribes that have replied are admitting they would prefer to play in a smaller tribe but feel forced into mega tribes in order to compete with the other mega tribes ie the vicious cycle.

The link to the poll can be found here:

I think if this happens it really revamp the game and in particular make PVP a lot better for the majority of players. Sure a few players in this 100+ tribes will chuck a fit but they have always been the minority anyways. This would be the single largest change to ARK gameplay since release. 

That would be a great PvP benefit. I wouldn't enjoy the change on PvE

The reason why is because we really do lounge around on our PvE server with a bunch of experienced players that take on new recruits to enjoy the game with them while helping them with their tek-engrams and through the game objectives before passing them onto aberration. Whenever the experienced veterans of the game get board or there is nothing that a new-player really needs help with... we are waiting that question "Can I ascend now." and their tends to be a ton of lag between "Help" and "Can We See The Credits Screen?" 

This is self-explainable. That time in between they were dealing with what I would classify as additional content in the game Ark: Survival Evolved. Things like miscellaneous bases. Ragnarok Experience, Etc. I mean you guys really did build a fascinating game. 

In that down-time the veterans tend to play PvP. With that being stated the tribe changes may negatively impact the PvE play while complimenting PvP

Please reconsider; this may potentially be a single-sided | interest-one-game-mode | nerf. It would not be the first either. I have 23 active players in a PvE mega-tribe and its shaped to casually play yet progress at our players level. 

I have 5 who PvP with me. Those are veterans. | I also tend-to support the notion of playing both game-styles instead of dichotomously selecting between the two because running a large PvE tribe mitigates the frustration which may occur on PvP servers while running a PvP tribe mitigates the factor of the veterans having so much experience compared to our members. I think that players should play the game with PvE/PvP cohesion.

21 hours ago, Corrigan said:

ITs reasonable to say that WC has determined Mega Tribes to be unbalanced/problematic for quite some time now. Why now do they take a poll?

Maybe they have looked at Steam Charts and seen the numbers for this game plummet in recent months. They know they need to do something drastic soon if they want to keep the game alive. A poll is a good way to collect evidence so that when they do make the needed changes and the usual ones complain about it they can point them to the poll and say we did this based on what our players wanted.

Guest DJRone89
1 hour ago, jpcab said:

No events aint a good idea to motivate players to play.

What are you even talking about?

• Eli locked this topic

Archived