Where is the ARK: Extinction Hype?

Mavrick

I prefer less hype, more... anticipation. Honestly, would like it if all of a sudden the Ark Devs go 'Hey guys, we are releasing Extinction in a week", and then, BOOM- Extinction servers go up, and we can explore ALL of the new map with 0 spoiles - Be all like "WAAARGH DILO BUILDING SQUISH ME" or whatever new mechanics they got.

Guest DJRone89

I agree with @Frogspoison

But on the other scale, Scorched Earth didn’t have any hype. We heard rumours of a desert biome, and partial dossiers begun to a appear, then suddenly the DLC launched.

38 minutes ago, Martellus said:

I believe it was aimed at a summer release? Could anyone confirm the last estimate? I hope genetics lab / genetic mapping becomes a thing in this one with potential hybrids or small features we could add to existing animals.   

hell, i'd just settle for being able to view a creatures base stats, and a fix to the mutation counter, and easily being able to see which stat mutated. 

1 hour ago, DarthaNyan said:

Hype kills games.

It is much better to be pleasantly surprised when something gets released than be disappointed because the end product does not fit the image you built of it during the hype.

I agree with all of you who mention this. I am also taking it nicely, I still have much to do on the existing maps. Though an estimate for release would be nice. 

Scorched Earth as it came out of the blue was awesome to me, but it got into the whole expansion during Early Access debate, I still loved it and its one of my favorite maps which brought very cool creatures to the fold.

For Extinction, as you mentioned, keeping the hype low will help the new expansion provide some level of positive surprises. I still wander what will be the theme on this one, we had Aberration which is kinda of sci-fi alien, Avatar like. Then Scorched Earth is very mythological. I keep wondering whats next.

Cheers!   

On 5/17/2018 at 2:57 AM, GP said:

If there's hype then all I feel we'll see is "FIX THE GAME INSTEAD OF WORKING ON PAID DLC".

I'd prefer they just work on it in silence whilst the rest of us enjoy what we already have.

Trolls will be trolls.  Also, they can do both if they stopped being cheap and hired people.  It would be nice to see a screenshot of something, or a broken picture like with aberration.  Just something to show we didnt give wildcard money for an expansion and we might get something someday.

21 hours ago, Martellus said:

I believe it was aimed at a summer release? Could anyone confirm the last estimate? I hope genetics lab / genetic mapping becomes a thing in this one with potential hybrids or small features we could add to existing animals.   

Originally they had listed Spring 2018 but then they removed that post from the forums, so who knows.  They aren't really discussing it.

Guest DJRone89
21 hours ago, Mavrick said:

I was just asking for anything about the expansion, blizzard releases info a year or more before they release an expansion, and yet in theory this one should be out by the end of the year and yet nothing about it.

Are you really comparing Blizzard to an indie dev team? Sure Wildcard are backed by Snail Games but who are they in comparison to Blizzard?

I would be expecting to maybe hear something during E3 if WC go to that ? So maybe the hype will start then ? Am not clued up on these game conferences mind you so maybe at one later in the year? Would rather they took their time and got it right, more like with Scorched rather than have another Aberattion situation :D

Hopefully in the mean time we'll get more polish to the game through bug fixes etc :) maybe even more TLC dino passes or S+ integration.

Am fine with waiting at the moment, I have a bigger fish to fry next month in the video game department to distract me, although I am certainly looking forward to the DLC whenever it comes.

On 5/23/2018 at 2:58 PM, DJRone89 said:

Are you really comparing Blizzard to an indie dev team? Sure Wildcard are backed by Snail Games but who are they in comparison to Blizzard?

No, im saying that there are other companies who hype up the next expansion over a year in advance and we still have nothing.  Guess we just have to wait for them to make an announcement, then delay it 6 months, then release it.

Archived