Aberration pvp

Grandta

So I bought Aberration yesterday and am getting tired of PvE and wanted to try out PvP again.

Would aberration be a good place to build and start?

I've noticed not many people on the PS4 actually have the dlcs and would lower the amount of people that would be out for me.

So would it be a good place to go for solo PvP?

If you are new to PVP I would recommend you join an Official Server and a small establish tribe to learn the best ways to do things. You will find things you were used to doing in PVE do not work at all in PVP.

If you wish to play solo here are some tips that will help you a lot:

PVP Is all about efficiency and minimalism especially when it comes to base design. No large nice looking palaces, drab, ugly and hidden bases are far better. Build your base in a honeycomb style with many rooms separated from one another. Also don't make the common PVEr mistake of giving your vaults specific names as to what is inside. I use a numbering and letter system which helps with organization but gives no clue to as to its contents. My advice would be to not make a proper base until you have at least stone tier but ideally metal tier. Until then put your stuff in scattered 1x1 bases around the map, ideally in the middle of the jungle in places where other players are unlikely to travel.

The same principle that applies to bases also applies to which dinos are worth taming and which are not. Apart from egg layer dinos  there are around 20 or so core PVP dinos that you will want to always tame and the rest you never bother with unless your noob  highly bored. Basically one specialized dino that is good at gathering a particular resource. So typically Anklo, Doed, Theri/Mammoth/Beaver so on. Then you have recon dinos typically a Pteradon or another fast mover. Then some pure combat ones T-Rex, Giga. The most important one of them is the Quetz owing to its multirole and utility. Now obviously some of these dinso aren't in Aberration so you need to mix and match. Aberration Quetz= Karkinos. Top combat dinos are Reaoer, Basilisk, Spino, Mega, Rock Drake. Tank dinos are the Karkinos and Stego.

The same principle once again applies to weapons. Some weapons are just garbage and or inefficient. Weapons like the assault rifle for instance aren't used very often while long range accurate and lethal weapons like the longneck and fab sniper are commonly used. 

Archived