Community Crunch 131: Stream Roundup, Great Migration #3, Mod Community Updates, #3 & Xbox Sale!

Jen

10 hours ago, TJCrazyCow10 said:

I would like to Appeal to your decision to wipe PvEOfficialServer33?

I know we don’t have a constant flow of players online at one time, I also do know that this month hasn’t been all to well for us. However we have new and old players on the server whom play at least 2-3 times a week as I do as-well.

Please bare in mind last weekend was Mother’s Day and some people went to see their mothers or meet up with the rest of their family instead of playing ark, I do believe a few of our players did so or atleast didn’t get on for an extended period of time that weekend. I have read your responses to Elinor and they are fair. I believe  she is right, there are a number of players playing on the server.  Just as bugboy said aswell some of us have been rebuilding our SE servers or starting up on a Rag server trying to get some content from those servers to bring back to our main server (33). I have put over 2,200 hours onto this server and still continue to play on it. I also note that 8 players on 33 have recorded over 50hrs each in the past month. On top of that I can see 116 players  have visited the server and been on there between 40hrs 20mins and, atleast 10mins.

There are also a number of people that play on the server but haven’t been able to get on because of work and family commitments.

I understand the business reasons for your decision however please do consider these factors and our concerns as players who have played and dedicated 100’s, even 1000’s of hours onto this server. 

Thank you and hope for a favourable decision.

TJ

TJ, Elinor and many other players from PvE server 33 are very fine players in what we all called "one of the finest Ark communities" - I started playing Ark last year in January (hit 3k hours recently) worked a lot to buid my place not only a good base but my name as a good and fair player too

I admit I've been basically going to 33 more to keep dinos fed and stuff refreshed since the new servers opened and part of the players (including me) went to Rag 69, but I still go there and meet and talk with the friends I made there. But hey, can't dedicate all my free time to both servers evenly.

On 5/15/2018 at 6:11 AM, eESTlane said:

http://steamcharts.com/app/346110

this is a 3yo project. don't expect to win the popularity contest anymore. you're better off just doing evo events every weekend. 3rd dlc will be the last major content barring any significant balancing changes (that are much needed), i dont see you guys pulling in new people. the mod community can give this game another year or two but yeah, it's basically over. ark is dead, thanks to the unmoderated servers and toxic community you created. gj. keep steering this boat to shore, you blind "adventurers" 

Yep

Hello, i never come here before, my English is too bad for a good writing.
But, I'm in same problem than TJCrazyCow10, i playing on Ark with Elden from Beta version.
We stop a little bit but after a time, we have start on SE701. He finish to be deleted in the first "purge".

We going in the center 627 to follow friend who have end to play after few month.

At this time, we have Headquarters in center 627 but, in Ark, an important place is to kill bosses, and to kill all and win tek, we need to play in Island and....Collect loot in island.
We arrive in 33 some month ago and find a great community in the TJ ally who help me and my teamate to be fine.
We have a good "second base" in Island 33 and some good "game friends". 

I understand the necessity of close some serv, but with no admin to help gamers on legacy serv, it's really difficult to loose this servs all time after time.

Not sure why people need over 300 tames.  That seems crazy is the point of this game to just tame and look at what you got but never use it. Might just need to get rid of the kibble tree and evo events that way the official server setting will force people to spend 5 hours to get 1 tame. Reducing lag from massive tame farms. Also make Tames age so they have to be mated or you loose them. Forcing people to actually work for what they have and single players will have to join a tribe to keep babies fed if they can’t get on every night to feed them. Along with that pve servers should have a purge an open window of time where pvp is active and tribes will have  to be forced to use their tames in an event to lower server population and stop tame capping. 

On 5/15/2018 at 6:11 AM, eESTlane said:

http://steamcharts.com/app/346110

this is a 3yo project. don't expect to win the popularity contest anymore. you're better off just doing evo events every weekend. 3rd dlc will be the last major content barring any significant balancing changes (that are much needed), i dont see you guys pulling in new people. the mod community can give this game another year or two but yeah, it's basically over. ark is dead, thanks to the unmoderated servers and toxic community you created. gj. keep steering this boat to shore, you blind "adventurers" 

Considerable drop off since the evo events have started to “vary”. If only someone from Wildcard could decipher what this means. Anyone have an annie Oakley decoder ring handy?  

On ‎5‎/‎18‎/‎2018 at 5:46 AM, AstrihKonnash said:

TJ, Elinor and many other players from PvE server 33 are very fine players in what we all called "one of the finest Ark communities" - I started playing Ark last year in January (hit 3k hours recently) worked a lot to buid my place not only a good base but my name as a good and fair player too

I admit I've been basically going to 33 more to keep dinos fed and stuff refreshed since the new servers opened and part of the players (including me) went to Rag 69, but I still go there and meet and talk with the friends I made there. But hey, can't dedicate all my free time to both servers evenly.

758848392_QQ20180519083740.thumb.png.0bcf44b96f9f4f87db3e37b473a2b4e2.png

Hi friend, I am also 33 players, as you see my name is Luke. I am a Chinese who is not good at English.

I had met tj in the early days, and we had known each other for a year, when I was running 837 and 33 at the same time, and was destroyed in the first 837. And then, like you, the tribe that I was building with tj in SE was destroyed,

Now I am at the same time operating 33.41.900.15. I don't think we need to play so many servers at the same time. I am only in SE for pearls. It's only for crabs on the 900. And my ultimate goal is to enrich the 33. I don't think to establish a base there is something wrong in there idle. Because even I just only 6 hours a week, 2 hours outside of 33 server they can still play a role.

33 is my core, everything else revolves around 33 but I don't think I have to spend enough time online to reflect its value. The rock trap I built in 15. I only used three times, one of the captured rocks I gave to yev. But it still has value. It's just that I won't use traps to catch rocks again. I put down 15 jobs for the time being. Also I just left ARK (two days) 33 to be included in the list (I even had two new members before I left)

So now we can only wish us good luck and hope that we can enjoy the game instead of living in disaster.

• Thanks 1

I would like the developers to re-assess the decision to wipe PvEofficialServer33.  I have been on 33 for more than a year.  Because I work between 40 to 60 hours a week my activity is not as much as others, though I would be well over 1,000 hours.  I don't say much when on the server but I see a lot of chat where players support each other and act as a real community.  I would hate to see the hours I have invested here just wiped.  I intend to keep playing on 33 if the decision is rescinded. Please re-think your decision and keep 33 operational!

Edited by Vi0let

1 hour ago, Vi0let said:

I would like the developers to re-assess the decision to wipe PvEofficialServer33.  I have been on 33 for more than a year.  Because I work between 40 to 60 hours a week my activity is not as much as others, though I would be well over 1,000 hours.  I don't say much when on the server but I see a lot of chat where players support each other and act as a real community.  I would hate to see the hours I have invested here just wiped.  I intend to keep playing on 33 if the decision is rescinded. Please re-think your decision and keep 33 operational!

Thanks for commenting Violet. I hope the developers let us know soon. 

• Like 1

1852013962_QQ20180519213332.thumb.png.0e95310c255c38b600963324381a604c.pngLike this, it's not that it's not a worthless server.

This is the case. I was in Beijing very late about 22; 00 landed and found this.

I know these eight people I've never touched. Most of the people I meet are not in this period.

So. I've learned that there are at least five Chinese people. Two russians. There are even three large Japanese tribes. And there were at least five small or mini tribes in the building survey and 33. Tj told me that there were at least eight people he had come into contact with and I had very few contacts with eight people.

Essentially 33 players are at least 25! Even more than 30 people.

This is the true value of 33 and he is like a real world, with people from all over the world who are tolerant to other servers.

Edited by ChinaLuke
  • Like 1

20 hours ago, ChinaLuke said:

1852013962_QQ20180519213332.thumb.png.0e95310c255c38b600963324381a604c.pngLike this, it's not that it's not a worthless server.

This is the case. I was in Beijing very late about 22; 00 landed and found this.

I know these eight people I've never touched. Most of the people I meet are not in this period.

So. I've learned that there are at least five Chinese people. Two russians. There are even three large Japanese tribes. And there were at least five small or mini tribes in the building survey and 33. Tj told me that there were at least eight people he had come into contact with and I had very few contacts with eight people.

Essentially 33 players are at least 25! Even more than 30 people.

This is the true value of 33 and he is like a real world, with people from all over the world who are tolerant to other servers.

On May 15, 2018 at 8:39 AM, GP said:

Play as a Dino, i.e. Primal Survival ceased development a long time ago, that was known ages ago that it had stopped.

So many people every week complain that there is no breeding event, then when there is a breeding event people complain that it is only 1.5x instead of 2x and then people complain it wasn't long enough when usually Evo Events only last Fri to Mon anyway. This is a good example of people never being happy with whatever they are given.

I get what your saying GP, even at 1.5x 3 days should be enough to raise anything right?  So ya, hes just grumpy for no reason lol.  I do have to agree that they should complete the base task before moving on to other things tho.  Heck the base task is still unfinished and will be considered that way til the major bugs of island are fixed.

On May 18, 2018 at 1:44 AM, Torja said:

You guys really need a roadmap or an "on the horizon" section. i know i'll get flak for saying this, but look to the runescape community management for content release. set realistic goals and let us know DILO is going on. this content drought kills games. learn from other's mistakes.

Runescape doesnt have bugs coming out the ears either.  We have years worth of content available rn.  More then just about any other game, the bugs are the problem.  I dont get how people keep screaming they need new content, is it just greed, or low attention spans?  Theres 5 maps that take months per map to conquer separately, theres build your own map, and when you done it all theres do it again in primitive mode.  And thats all just from an SP standpoint, then theres doing all of it again online...Theres no real need for new content atm.  The problems driving people away are, corruption like with Tea/WC/Snail, the evil super bugs that were ignored like the ascension bug wiping your entire progress(which was ignored for a year and is just now being addressed), transfer issues killing/deleting tames between servers or just warping to boss fights(And then the pathetic joke of the support you get when these bugs happen and completely haults/destroys your progress).  I as 1 person could give better support to an entire server using my ps4 and console commands then what the GMs do for 1 person and thats just pathetic.  The proof is in Egors topic ENTIRE BOSS TEAM (REXES AND YUTTI) LOST IN TELEPORT

Edited by Onimusha759

8 hours ago, Onimusha759 said:

I get what your saying GP, even at 1.5x 3 days should be enough to raise anything right?  So ya, hes just grumpy for no reason lol.  I do have to agree that they should complete the base task before moving on to other things tho.  Heck the base task is still unfinished and will be considered that way til the major bugs of island are fixed. 

When you want to breed a Wolf, or a bear type of creature that doesn't need any addition, you can feed them. But maybe you need some extra when you reproduce rex. But any normal tribe will not be able to handle giga easily, and giga generally has the power to keep it under the condition of 3X.

I can understand that. The giga must be the strongest creature in ARK, so it must be expensive.

2 minutes ago, ChinaLuke said:

When you want to breed a Wolf, or a bear type of creature that doesn't need any addition, you can feed them. But maybe you need some extra when you reproduce rex. But any normal tribe will not be able to handle giga easily, and giga generally has the power to keep it under the condition of 3X.

I can understand that. The giga must be the strongest creature in ARK, so it must be expensive.

I’ve done gigas the last month - oddly on the weekends of no 2x. Gigas are fine if you prepare. The part I dislike is meat runs because Wildcard thinks less meat makes it harder because it takes longer to collect. They continue to nerf meat collection silently. That’s what I dislike. 

8 hours ago, Onimusha759 said:

Runescape doesnt have bugs coming out the ears either.  We have years worth of content available rn.  More then just about any other game, the bugs are the problem.  I dont get how people keep screaming they need new content, is it just greed, or low attention spans?  Theres 5 maps that take months per map to conquer separately, theres build your own map, and when you done it all theres do it again in primitive mode.  And thats all just from an SP standpoint, then theres doing all of it again online...Theres no real need for new content atm.  The problems driving people away are, corruption like with Tea/WC/Snail, the evil super bugs that were ignored like the ascension bug wiping your entire progress(which was ignored for a year and is just now being addressed), transfer issues killing/deleting tames between servers or just warping to boss fights(And then the pathetic joke of the support you get when these bugs happen and completely haults/destroys your progress).  I as 1 person could give better support to an entire server using my ps4 and console commands then what the GMs do for 1 person and thats just pathetic.  The proof is in Egors topic ENTIRE BOSS TEAM (REXES AND YUTTI) LOST IN TELEPORT 

But you forgot, the key thing in ARK on the server.

I could even buy a giant tribe on any map to make it my property, even through the real world's money.

But that misses the point.

I care more about what I can get on the map. I got some friends, a strange community.

I think anyone who has worked in ARK for three years knows the contradictions between Chinese and other RACES, but I and my Australian friends have created a unique community. 33

That community is a miracle, and even the worst Chinese can live in peace with Pve33. This is real wealth, a good start. That's what the community server is you can get and we're all dependent on each other because of the server.

5 minutes ago, flamron said:

I’ve done gigas the last month - oddly on the weekends of no 2x. Gigas are fine if you prepare. The part I dislike is meat runs because Wildcard thinks less meat makes it harder because it takes longer to collect. They continue to nerf meat collection silently. That’s what I dislike.  

You need 33. We have players from all over the world. If they can trust you they're willing to take care of the dinosaurs for you while you're sleeping. Of course you have to do the same thing when others need it.

I have a lot of gigas. Breeding is mostly a year ago, but also in tj breeding REX with me as well as a variety of biological cooperation makes us more efficiency, we can raise a number of biological, because sometimes when I sleep, tj have wake up began to work. And I can sleep later than tj and take care of the baby until later. Because we're in different places on earth and we're all at 33.

Pve33 may be the last place you see it. Maybe only 33 Chinese can get along well with others

.177175997_QQ20180518204858.thumb.png.220b3f4cd3ef84db52e135f6724ea6e8.png

14 minutes ago, flamron said:

The best part is that tj's house is near the swamp, and my giga is in his house, our hunting efficiency is very high, and I recently got 345% giga.

8 minutes ago, ChinaLuke said:

But you forgot, the key thing in ARK on the server.

I could even buy a giant tribe on any map to make it my property, even through the real world's money.

But that misses the point.

I care more about what I can get on the map. I got some friends, a strange community.

I think anyone who has worked in ARK for three years knows the contradictions between Chinese and other RACES, but I and my Australian friends have created a unique community. 33

That community is a miracle, and even the worst Chinese can live in peace with Pve33. This is real wealth, a good start. That's what the community server is you can get and we're all dependent on each other because of the server.

I wasnt really saying anything against the chinese, tho they can be real cheating A Holes.  I was referencing the scandal with TEA and WC obviously giving favortism to them.

A game should be just as rewarding on SP as it is online, thats what games started as and we all play for the individual.  All this said it seems you completely missed the point of my last post.