Community Crunch 131: Stream Roundup, Great Migration #3, Mod Community Updates, #3 & Xbox Sale!

Jen

8 hours ago, lilpanda said:

There is a more recent save for PVE 335 from April 4th. Saves will be updated though for ones on the list to be removed sometime after the servers go offline on June 12th.

Hello Panda and ty soooo much for the response  to my inquiry  i must be doing somthing wrong with the save file its the same one from the first saved files that jen posted way back then lol i even have the save i downloaded back then and the one i downloaded today both are the same but anyhow great to hear that the saves will be updated ty so much for all your hard work Panda !

• Wildcard Community
1 hour ago, jpipher said:

Hello Panda and ty soooo much for the response  to my inquiry  i must be doing somthing wrong with the save file its the same one from the first saved files that jen posted way back then lol i even have the save i downloaded back then and the one i downloaded today both are the same but anyhow great to hear that the saves will be updated ty so much for all your hard work Panda !

Make sure you search the list further. there are two different saves for the currently live pve legacy servers. The save will be labeled with the April 4th date next to it.

• Wildcard Community
5 hours ago, Alocoste said:

Ok thanks, but for me, this list doesn't help so much. As i said, nothign for PvE players from EU on The Island map or Scortched Earth. It would be nice to have something more complete soon, like that people could manage a lot of stuff with more than one month. Thanks for your help.

Something we can look into for the future. For the time being you can use the server list and sort by player count. I'd say generally the top 10 of the criteria you want are probably safe from future legacy removals but that's not something I can guarantee without looking at them in more detail.

So... are there going to be new official servers released since these legacy servers are getting dropped? personally would love to see more standard clusters, since they're the most free of mega tribes and are less toxic due to lack of paranoia of megas coming and ruining your day. inherently more balanced imo, far more important than any of the new beginner servers if you ask me.

On 5/15/2018 at 7:09 AM, june1333 said:

This every other weekend for the evolution events kinda sucks. I missed this past event due to real life situations and now I am going to miss the next evolution event because more real life situations... I finally have this coming weekend off but there wont be an event :( If the every other weekend events hold up, I wont be able to take part for the foreseeable future

I can relate...

Someone else from the legacy official pve 33 server sent me this link, which shows 50 players active within this last month. 33 is not dead, please take it off the kill list.

https://www.battlemetrics.com/servers/ark/312541/leaderboard

Edit; Speaking on a personal level, I have had a hard time of things in rl the last few years and Ark has been a valuable bolt-hole for me. But what really made it so valuable was not so much the game itself - though that is fun ofc - it was the community and the people in that community. It takes time and luck to find that, please don't take 33 down.

Edited by Elinor
  • Like 1

• Volunteer Moderator
3 minutes ago, Elinor said:

Someone else from the legacy official pve 33 server sent me this link, which shows 50 players active within this last month. 33 is not dead, please take it off the kill list.

https://www.battlemetrics.com/servers/ark/312541/leaderboard

I have no knowledge on how the devs assess a server as being active or not active enough to be retained, however, the leaderboard you linked to does not show 50 active players.

Player #1 on that list has played 230 hours over 30 days (there are 720 hours over a 30 day month). Therefore if we take the top 5 players from that list, this is how much they have played in total over the past 30 days:

#1 - 9.5 days (230 hours)

#2 - 6.1 days (148 hours)

#3 - 5.2 days (127 hours)

#4 - 4.7 days (113 hours)

#5 - 3.5 days (84 hours)

You yourself are in position #28 at 1.1 days (28 hours).

#50 has played 4.75 hours in the past 30 days

Now, I haven't looked at other servers in the kill list or the popular list, but from that leaderboard i'm not sure whether you are considering "active" the same way the devs do. More than half of the people on that list of 50 have not played the equivalent of even 1 day in the last 30 days.

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, GP said:

Now, I haven't looked at other servers in the kill list or the popular list, but from that leaderboard i'm not sure whether you are considering "active" the same way the devs do. More than half of the people on that list of 50 have not played the equivalent of even 1 day in the last 30 days.

Fair point, I admit the server has been quiet lately. My experience has been that players, and thus the server does go through quiet times particularly if those quiet player times happen to coincide. Myself I have been having a hard time finding the time to play lately, but that is not always the case. To put in context, almost all the time I have logged in ark has been on 33, over 3 years - maybe more, maybe less, I can't remember anymore. Edit; realizing you maybe can't see my play hours, its 3294.

Edited by Elinor

• Volunteer Moderator
17 minutes ago, Elinor said:

Fair point, I admit the server has been quiet lately. My experience has been that players, and thus the server does go through quiet times particularly if those quiet player times happen to coincide. Myself I have been having a hard time finding the time to play lately, but that is not always the case. To put in context, almost all the time I have logged in ark has been on 33, over 3 years - maybe more, maybe less, I can't remember anymore. Edit; realizing you maybe can't see my play hours, its 3294.

I can't see the hours you've played no, but on the battlemetrics site for server 33 it shows that out of the 3,294 hours, you've played 1,149 hours of them on server 33. Which is 48 days in total over 2-3 years. Although it's very possible battlemetrics hasn't been capturing the information from day 1 that the server launched.

Although it is a lot of hours, and I appreciate you've dedicated most of your ARK time to one server, but sure you must be able to see that going by that alone can't be enough to deem the server active, as most servers on the kill list and the previous kill lists have/had players that have spent thousands of hours on them.

3 minutes ago, GP said:

I can't see the hours you've played no, but on the battlemetrics site for server 33 it shows that out of the 3,294 hours, you've played 1,149 hours of them on server 33. Which is 48 days in total over 2-3 years. Although it's very possible battlemetrics hasn't been capturing the information from day 1 that the server launched.

Although it is a lot of hours, and I appreciate you've dedicated most of your ARK time to one server, but sure you must be able to see that going by that alone can't be enough to deem the server active, as most servers on the kill list and the previous kill lists have/had players that have spent thousands of hours on them.

Regarding battlemetrics, the current 33 server technically isn't the original; there was one point where the game was transferred off the original, which broke, to a new one. I can't remember how many servers were involved in that incident but I do remember a lot of down time, a forum thread, then having to go find the server again on the server list and re-favourite it - and having to tell everyone else from the server to do the same. It was well over a year or two ago now, but I do not remember exactly when. So that may explain the discrepancy in hours.

I understand that dedicated play time is not enough. If I were alone then fair enough but my point is, I am not alone. 

2 hours ago, GP said:

I'm giving a shoutout to PVE-OfficialServer33 as well.  The thing is, the reason I HAVEN'T been on this server much recently is that,,,*wait for it*,,,I've been busy rebuilding my SE base from the last migration.   Feature not a bug? 

If WC is going to offer multiple DLC server types, I'm not sure each server activity alone reflects overall player participation.  My main base is the Island.  There should be some accounting for my being on SE , Ragnarock and Abberation servers.  You can't be everywhere at once, and WC is offering DLC's that by definition mean your time on any particular server is going to be diluted.

Edited by Bugboy
Fixing typos
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Elinor said:

Regarding battlemetrics, the current 33 server technically isn't the original; there was one point where the game was transferred off the original, which broke, to a new one. I can't remember how many servers were involved in that incident but I do remember a lot of down time, a forum thread, then having to go find the server again on the server list and re-favourite it - and having to tell everyone else from the server to do the same. It was well over a year or two ago now, but I do not remember exactly when. So that may explain the discrepancy in hours.

I understand that dedicated play time is not enough. If I were alone then fair enough but my point is, I am not alone. 

There were at least 3 servers involved in that incident.

12 hours ago, dkr724 said:

So... are there going to be new official servers released since these legacy servers are getting dropped? personally would love to see more standard clusters, since they're the most free of mega tribes and are less toxic due to lack of paranoia of megas coming and ruining your day. inherently more balanced imo, far more important than any of the new beginner servers if you ask me.

Whats your server num and platform? 

On 5/15/2018 at 5:39 AM, GP said:

Play as a Dino, i.e. Primal Survival ceased development a long time ago, that was known ages ago that it had stopped.

So many people every week complain that there is no breeding event, then when there is a breeding event people complain that it is only 1.5x instead of 2x and then people complain it wasn't long enough when usually Evo Events only last Fri to Mon anyway. This is a good example of people never being happy with whatever they are given.

They are not happy because you give us 2x in the past and then down grade us to 1.5 like how hard is it for you guys to give us what we want espacialy now that we only get events every other weekend so ppl want to play and you have to think about all the solo players who really depend on the events to restoke on all the resources they use during the week now we have to stock up enought for 2 weeks and not one so please dont take this as bitching take it more as advise 

The Evolution Events are the only thing that keeps me interested in Ark Official Servers. The rates for official servers are set to low on weekdays. I am a casual player, I have a career, home, and a family to take care of but I do enjoy playing Ark in my free time, typically a few hours every week-night and weekends. With the normal official rates, it takes prohibitively too long to tame bigger/useful dinos so I rely heavily on the Evolution Events but as of lately, even the Evolution Events have not been as frequent as they used to. This "every other weekend" idea is unbearable. 

Wildcard as an avid consumer I must make it known that whenever you have new DLC's to purchase, I do so times 3. So that myself and my kids all get copies for their account. I believe it is fair to say that I bring a considerable increase in your bottom dollar but if the Evolution Events continue to be only available "every other weekend" and the current Official server rates remain the same or less, then I may no longer be supporting your product. 

Your product is a great one and I have had plenty of fun moments within your game but the timesink is getting way out of hand. I feel deeply that your loyalism to your players is left wanting...

You do not create enough innovated new servers they are usually just the same old PVE or PVP server number 200......blah blah. As a casual and single player I do greatly appreciate your Offline-Raid-Protected servers but even then for us casual players, they are typically overwhelmed by Asian alphas spamming their square characters and blocking off all of the vital resources.

I recommend that you create a new server for casual players that are both "Offline Raid Protected" and "NO TEK"  combined, that should also limit tribe member sizes, prevent tribe alliances, and is completely isolated (no character/item uploading or downloading at all). This way the server you start on is the very same server you stick with throughout your entire time playing. The TEK was always a crap idea for casual players as we were never going to be able to enjoy that aspect of the game and TEK only serves the larger alpha tribes which only widens the divide between casual players and Alphas.

Wildcard, I sure hope that this is the best forum to post this suggestion/complaint as your forum is really large and confusing.

Thank you, Sincerely,

Vaylain

Edited by vaylain
  • Thanks 2

@vaylain sorry to hit you with the old slogan "go unofficial" but that's the only useful advice that i can give you, from my personal experiences. and trust me when i say this but isolated servers die quicker than you might think. it's so easy to take over and hold a single server. our 20-30 active player alliance wiped a cluster network within a month and it was dead. half the players stopped there. no enemy left so the future ahead was pve...which is meh. and you cant let anyone build up because a 2 man tribe can easily offline you and your 500+ turrets. ORP may stop that from happening but it opens up another bag of trickeries. like owning an alt account to block off resources/caves and only log in every 1-2 weeks to reset the decay timers. pin code whatever you need for the main to have access to. it's being complained about in this forum also. man, wc be no-skilled roleplayers

Unfortunately it seems that the WC folks truly did not have the intestinal fortitude to stand up at GA release and say there would be a legacy wipe. So now they just keep stringing us legacy players along until they slowly force us to the crap 'official' servers that are ALWAYS at tame cap and seriously lag hampered. 

My opinion is that a serious paywall is in final development and will 'magically fix' all the problems with the game to the tune of $XX/month. 

I love this game and have had many good times here, no longer. 

--A devoted fan...no longer.

• Facepalm 1

9 hours ago, eESTlane said:

@vaylain sorry to hit you with the old slogan "go unofficial" but that's the only useful advice that i can give you, from my personal experiences. and trust me when i say this but isolated servers die quicker than you might think. it's so easy to take over and hold a single server. our 20-30 active player alliance wiped a cluster network within a month and it was dead. half the players stopped there. no enemy left so the future ahead was pve...which is meh. and you cant let anyone build up because a 2 man tribe can easily offline you and your 500+ turrets. ORP may stop that from happening but it opens up another bag of trickeries. like owning an alt account to block off resources/caves and only log in every 1-2 weeks to reset the decay timers. pin code whatever you need for the main to have access to. it's being complained about in this forum also. man, wc be no-skilled roleplayers

I feel like the best balancers for this game tbh would just be A) make all pvp servers clusters, B) enable cross cluster transfer for CHARACTER ONLY. C) disable tribe alliances. and  D) limit tribes to 5 players max. it's so fckin simple. i mean I get there would still be verbal alliances and larger groups, but it would severely limit cross server alliances and mega tribes, allowing smaller groups of players a fairer playing field, encourage more political play and basically just make the game balance loads better. you still can play with friends, and realistically how many people have like 30+ friends that ALL want to play ark? it's done for the sole purpose of dominating and "winning" a game with no end.

Edited by dkr724

I would like to Appeal to your decision to wipe PvEOfficialServer33?

I know we don’t have a constant flow of players online at one time, I also do know that this month hasn’t been all to well for us. However we have new and old players on the server whom play at least 2-3 times a week as I do as-well. 

Please bare in mind last weekend was Mother’s Day and some people went to see their mothers or meet up with the rest of their family instead of playing ark, I do believe a few of our players did so or atleast didn’t get on for an extended period of time that weekend. I have read your responses to Elinor and they are fair. I believe  she is right, there are a number of players playing on the server.  Just as bugboy said aswell some of us have been rebuilding our SE servers or starting up on a Rag server trying to get some content from those servers to bring back to our main server (33). I have put over 2,200 hours onto this server and still continue to play on it. I also note that 8 players on 33 have recorded over 50hrs each in the past month. On top of that I can see 116 players  have visited the server and been on there between 40hrs 20mins and, atleast 10mins.

There are also a number of people that play on the server but haven’t been able to get on because of work and family commitments.

I understand the business reasons for your decision however please do consider these factors and our concerns as players who have played and dedicated 100’s, even 1000’s of hours onto this server. 

Thank you and hope for a favourable decision. 

TJ

*Font Edits
Edited by TJCrazyCow10
  • Like 1

Strong protest!! Launch the Chinese version as soon as possible!!!

As a game player who started in the first month of ARK, I can't link the ARK BBS account to steam??

强烈抗议!赶快出中文版!!

作为一个在方舟的第一个月开始的游戏玩家,我不能把方舟的论坛和steam联系起来?

When I first came into contact with ark, it was a version of the tiger and the elephant.

当初我再我无意间接触到ark那个时候是一个还没有 老虎与大象的版本,

At that time, collecting oil depended on sea turtles, and you could only collect metals and crystals in caves.

那个时候采集石油依靠海龟,你只能在洞穴采集金属以及水晶

To tell you the truth, ark is like my friend. I watched him grow up and watched him become such an unbeatable game.

说真的,ark就像我的朋友一样我看着他成长,看着他逐渐成为一个这样无与伦比的游戏。

But today it's dead, and for me he's dead, like I've destroyed trees and built buildings on its bodies.

但是今天它死了,对于我来说他彻底死了,就像我摧毁了树木然后在它的尸体上建造建筑一样

Three years!!! For three years, your every update pve33 could let my friend left, I for free with rex pet to attract Chinese players to join the game but after they know the news and what's the point??

三年啊!!!三年,你们的每一次更新都有可能会让我的朋友离开pve33,我用rex为免费宠物来吸引中国玩家来加入这个游戏然而他们在知道这些消息后又有什么意义呢??

I now have at least 10 rex that were starved to death or destroyed.

我现在至少有10只rex是这样被饿死或是被消灭

Many pterosaurs and ankylosaurus are also the same, a lot of people in the know server is deleted after the choice of the left 33 cause my dinosaur jilted helpless, a lot of people they don't want to in such an environment,

I was so disappointed to see my friend leave me one by one, and now there are only 10 of my 33 friends I can see.

很多的翼龙以及甲龙也是同样的遭遇,很多人在知道服务器被删除的遭遇后就选择离开了33导致我的恐龙被无助的抛弃,很多人他们不愿在这样一个环境,
看着朋友一个一个离开我很失落,现在33的朋友只有10个是我可以见到的了

I even started doing the aid work in 2016 and it was a good thing to do, and then the thing about the server went viral, they came to 33 and they just wanted to experience rex and they never showed up again.

我甚至在2016年就开始做援助工作那时还算是好做的,然后关于服务器的事情传开了,他们来到33后只是想体验rex然后就再也没有出现过

I left only the dinosaurs I gave them, and waited for their master at 33.

只留下了我送给他们的恐龙,在33等待他们的主人

For the first time, all my Chinese friends left.

第一次,我全部中国朋友都离开了

Our server is still 20/70.我们的服务器人数还是20/70

For the second time, a lot of tribes that had been in conflict with me left.

第二次很多与我有过冲突的部落离开了

I can still see the server 15/70.

我还是能看到服务器15/70

We always have to work, I can't stay in front of the computer is not working, but I am glad to still can see some old friends or new friends every weekend, can see people have just arrived at the server to ask for help

我们总是要工作的,我不能每日呆在电脑前不工作,但是我很高兴每个周末仍然能看到一些老朋友或是新朋友,能看到有刚刚到达服务器的人寻求帮助

Just two days after I left for work, the bad news came. I had just invited two players to join my tribe.

仅仅是在我因工作离开两天后,不好的消息传来了.在这之前我刚刚邀请的两位玩家加入我的部落

They play two games for less than 100 hours.

他们两个的游戏时间甚至不到100小时

But they built better buildings than I had built.

却建造出来比我所建造的更好的建筑

But !

these are all going

to disappear,

但是这些就都将要不复存在了,

I was planning to abandon ark on the first great migration, but I postponed my plan for more than a year.

在第一次大迁徙的时候我以及打算抛弃ark了,但是我却将计划推迟的一年多

But I can't bear it, because my house, my dinosaur, my friend, I like to see all kinds of elaborate buildings built by you in 33.

但是我舍不得,因为我的房子,我的恐龙,我的朋友,我喜欢在33看到大家建造的各种各样的精巧的建筑

I got to know a lot of people, myy, TJ CrazyCow 10, Yev。。。。。。。They come from all over the world.

我结识了很多人,myy,TJ CrazyCow 10,Yev。。。。他们来自世界各地

The world has no party that will never end.

下没有不散的宴席

All that I miss is gone, and I think I shall leave the ark,

让我留恋的一切都已经不在,我想我也就要离开方舟了,

Thank you for bringing me such a colorful world.

感谢你们给我带来这样的一个多彩的世界

I like the story behind each one in the ark.

我喜欢方舟中每一一个图鉴背后的故事

It's an almost perfect game.

这是一个几乎完美的游戏

But you still have a long way to go, for example, you need to optimize the Chinese language, I hardly know how to link my steam?

但是你们还有很长的路要走,例如你们需要优化汉语,我几乎都不知道怎么链接我的steam

Your fishing game is a boring keys, I can't enjoy the pleasure of and fish game, that I want to pull up the fish, the fish want to pull me into the water the feeling. And I want a aquarium. I don't think I want to kill all the fish caught

你们的钓鱼游戏就是一个无聊的按键游戏,我不能享受与鱼儿博弈的乐趣,那种我想要拉上来鱼,鱼想要拉我到水里的那种感觉.而且我想要一个水族箱.我不认为我想杀死全部钓上来的鱼

Hopefully this will help you, maybe I'm going to leave, and if someone wants to inherit my pet and can come to me, of course I'll give them to my friends,

希望这能对你们有帮助,也许我要离开了,如果有人想要继承我的宠物可以来找我,当然我会把他们分给我的朋友一些,

The most valuable I will leave to my friends.You can get the not-so-good ones.

那些价值高的我会留给我的朋友,你们可以拿到不那么优秀的

qq1054068209

So contact me if you are just entering the game. I have a lot of free pets for you.

Bye, ark. Thank you for being with me for three years.

再见垃圾游戏,老子受够了!!玩了三年就这个结果???我跟老外玩了那么久结果全没了??

QQ截图20180517171036.png660875375_QQ20180518204905.thumb.png.96978b1fc89f031975ec94f21036c3ce.png1420448361_QQ20180518204858.thumb.png.5dd4bb3a24284d2f09f412c9cdd0d933.pngdodo.thumb.png.59fd84e3e55ff905aee6fde2d7a64016.png

I have tried in other servers to the status of the 33 but the contradiction between the Chinese and the other players has reached an irreversible point, I really seldom able to see all the different RACES like 33 server can coexist peacefully

我曾经尝试过在其他服务器重新33的状况但是中国人与其他玩家的矛盾已经到达了一个不可挽回的地步,我真的很少能够看到像33那样所有不同的种族都可以和平共处的服务器

I even thought of a comic book about ARK, but I haven't finished it yet maybe I'm leaving it. For me, it is irreplaceable.

About 4000 hours of at least 2500 hours are spent in 33. Perhaps I will ever leave 33 to join other servers but 33 is the home is the place that I have to go back, but this time no after 33

我甚至曾经构思过一个有关于ARK的漫画故事,然而我还没有完成它也许我就要离开它了。33对我来讲是不可代替的. 
大约4000小时中至少有2500小时是在33度过或许.我曾经会离开33加入其他服务器但是33是家是我必须回去的地方,但是这次过后就再也没有33

Edited by ChinaLuke

16 hours ago, TJCrazyCow10 said:

I would like to Appeal to your decision to wipe PvEOfficialServer33?

I know we don’t have a constant flow of players online at one time, I also do know that this month hasn’t been all to well for us. However we have new and old players on the server whom play at least 2-3 times a week as I do as-well. 

Please bare in mind last weekend was Mother’s Day and some people went to see their mothers or meet up with the rest of their family instead of playing ark, I do believe a few of our players did so or atleast didn’t get on for an extended period of time that weekend. I have read your responses to Elinor and they are fair. I believe  she is right, there are a number of players playing on the server.  Just as bugboy said aswell some of us have been rebuilding our SE servers or starting up on a Rag server trying to get some content from those servers to bring back to our main server (33). I have put over 2,200 hours onto this server and still continue to play on it. I also note that 8 players on 33 have recorded over 50hrs each in the past month. On top of that I can see 116 players  have visited the server and been on there between 40hrs 20mins and, atleast 10mins.

There are also a number of people that play on the server but haven’t been able to get on because of work and family commitments.

I understand the business reasons for your decision however please do consider these factors and our concerns as players who have played and dedicated 100’s, even 1000’s of hours onto this server. 

Thank you and hope for a favourable decision. 

TJ

*Font Edits

I'm a friend of tj and we've known each other for over a year. I really don't want us to be apart. We have a lot of friends in 33.

But 33 is not all the same. I will only be in the server for a period of time every week, not every day, and I have many Chinese players, so it may not be fair to evaluate a server.

We may not be here 24 hours but we haven't left 33.

02.png

I've tried to find places like 33 on other servers, but the result is that other servers I can only join China or on the other side, and only 33 Chinese can live in peace with others.

Edited by ChinaLuke

Third time we have to move!

We are playing on 2 servers... 

One on the kill list... the other on a Ragnarok server (who is in the 'Most Populars Server List'!!!)

We have try to transfer dino to Ragnarok server on your list as you advice.... but the server is now Caped ! 

We have 80+ dinos in the Ark and about 300 hundred waiting... 

Thanks you... we better consider to stop the game now, 2 years of farming that we loose..