Community Crunch 131: Stream Roundup, Great Migration #3, Mod Community Updates, #3 & Xbox Sale!

Jen

I have been on a legacy server since launch of ark almost 3 years i have almost 11,000 hrs on this server i understand there is going to be the next round of wipes of servers and i fully understood this when servers became legacy i was just wondering if there will be fresh saves made of these servers before the wipe i downloaded my servers save point but dates back to november 2017  alot of work and progress has been made since november i do hope to see fresh saves for servers since the first people that had been wiped had fresh wipes at that point. (official server pve 335)

8 hours ago, MotherOfRaptors said:

No events at all means we cant only enjoy faster taming, but even cant build. I planned to finish my building project this weekend and finally tame a high lvl dimetrodon as it is very time consuming to do without x2. But apparently we didnt deserve another event, like at least boosted gathering would hurt anyone. This is depressing

how entitled do you have to be? can't build? BS, you just can't build as quickly as when its boosted. but remember evo weekends are a BOOST, they are not normal. This game is and always has been built on grinding. you are meant to have to work hard to get all the stuff you want. remember, you always have the option of playing single player or unofficial if you want to remove that aspect. and remember, im not saying thats a bad thing. Im saying that if you only play the game when its boosted, you may as well just play on a perma boosted server. 

4 hours ago, eESTlane said:

http://steamcharts.com/app/346110

this is a 3yo project. don't expect to win the popularity contest anymore. you're better off just doing evo events every weekend. 3rd dlc will be the last major content barring any significant balancing changes (that are much needed), i dont see you guys pulling in new people. the mod community can give this game another year or two but yeah, it's basically over. ark is dead, thanks to the unmoderated servers and toxic community you created. gj. keep steering this boat to shore, you blind "adventurers" 

Really? Stop complaining and play the game. If you're not happy ... play something else. My God. Ark is dead to you ... do not talk like everyone's opinion.

Wildcard we all know that your working on the last dlc and your also focused on delivering those bug fixes and quality of life improvements. So am going to start off by thanking you for the work you've been doing. Now seriously though as a player from early access on the ps4 I want to know about the condition of the sponsored mods if ANY will make it to console, structures plus being a big concern. Next is back in early access the weekends were swapped between taming and harvesting or breeding and maturation. The community want those back. Lastly please do more tlc updates all the original dinos need a upgrade everything that has been changed is spot on thanks again 

This is the Migration #3 and the 4th server where we have to move our stuff & dinos. When this will end? Why you don't let us play on this legacy servers? We spent plenty of free time near fulltime-job and it is not fun at all to move again.

Please can you remove the timer on the ark for transfering things? This would help a lot.

And the list of the 30 server... these servers will get full in the next time, and especially RAG with the dinocaps.... :(

Question, whats WC planning on doing about massive lag and disconnect issues on xbox official, not to mention the horribly toxic community?  I love to roll kids on PvP but the massive amount of lag and screen tearing makes it near unplayable, just look at videoes from 99 problems and supremacy and you'll see what I mean

• Wildcard Community
4 hours ago, Alocoste said:

I hope you won't take your PC's list of best 30s high pop server for your next or further next killing list. Because, in this list, for example, you don't have PVE server on The Island or Scortched Earth. So how PvE players of legacy could find a place to go? As for Tek we need The Island, SE, Ragna and Aberration.

This is just a recommendation for players. We do not intend to remove all but the top 30 list of servers in the next legacy removal. We are merely giving players some information on possible places to go based on population. There are 100+ other servers with large populations still that would be safe on the next legacy removal, these top 30 are the best candidates for high activity.

• Wildcard Community
2 hours ago, jpipher said:

I have been on a legacy server since launch of ark almost 3 years i have almost 11,000 hrs on this server i understand there is going to be the next round of wipes of servers and i fully understood this when servers became legacy i was just wondering if there will be fresh saves made of these servers before the wipe i downloaded my servers save point but dates back to november 2017  alot of work and progress has been made since november i do hope to see fresh saves for servers since the first people that had been wiped had fresh wipes at that point. (official server pve 335)

There is a more recent save for PVE 335 from April 4th. Saves will be updated though for ones on the list to be removed sometime after the servers go offline on June 12th.

2 hours ago, Kazaryu said:

how entitled do you have to be? can't build? BS, you just can't build as quickly as when its boosted. but remember evo weekends are a BOOST, they are not normal. This game is and always has been built on grinding. you are meant to have to work hard to get all the stuff you want. remember, you always have the option of playing single player or unofficial if you want to remove that aspect. and remember, im not saying thats a bad thing. Im saying that if you only play the game when its boosted, you may as well just play on a perma boosted server. 

I do play during weekdays too. I tame and build, but big building projects and long expensive tames I leave for events. And I think I dont need to explain why. Ive been playing since alpha and events were always part of the game and, apparently, normal. I dont understand, why they have to take it away and who benefits from that. I love the game and can live with majority of its imperfections, but this one makes me sad.

26 minutes ago, MotherOfRaptors said:

I do play during weekdays too. I tame and build, but big building projects and long expensive tames I leave for events. And I think I dont need to explain why. Ive been playing since alpha and events were always part of the game and, apparently, normal. I dont understand, why they have to take it away and who benefits from that. I love the game and can live with majority of its imperfections, but this one makes me sad.

i CAN understand why you'd wait for an event to do bigger projects. its like waiting for an event to tame a theri. but thats not the same as NEEDING the event to do those things. 

as far as potential benefits, maybe they want to move to a place that they can do more unique boosts and events and have them be special. The kings feast thing that hey (had) announced is one example of this. while overall it wasn't gonna be a HUGELY useful event, it WAS going to allow me to update my custom consumables so tehy weight less and are easier to make, which would have been a nice QoL improvement for me. increased farm rates means i could have stockpiled tons of narco berries in preparation for taming several megalanias, even while playing somewhat casually. The idea (at least for me) is to think about what you CAN do with the boosts they give rather than think about what you CAN'T. 

45 minutes ago, UDGxKnight said:

The game is already on 2x 100% of the time the evolution weekend is just another 2x

Wrong. The full release game rates are 1x. That’s the baseline. Any reference to prior adjustments during early access is irrelevant because it wasn’t released. So 2x evo Events are 2x of the base rate. 

Just because many people played EA, it doesn’t mean you can Consider current rates as “boosted”. They aren’t. They are 1x. 

• Facepalm 1

I must protest official pve 33 being on the kill list. We have an active community that fluctuates according to the time of day and day of the week. Yes the last couple of weeks it has taken a down turn - people have been busy or what have you - but we have long standing players going back years on there, who do come back even after down time.

Edited by Elinor
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, GP said:

Most Popular Servers
To avoid players having to move again in future, we're publishing the most popular servers across all platforms. These servers are the top 30 most active Legacy servers on each platform and are ones most likely to be safe from any future server removals.

Ahh I missed that. Thanks for clarifying. 

1 hour ago, Elinor said:

I must protest official pve 33 being on the kill list. We have an active community that fluctuates according to the time of day and day of the week. Yes the last couple of weeks it has taken a down turn - people have been busy or what have you - but we have long standing players going back years on there, who do come back even after down time.

I am also an active player on 33. We have a friendly, helpful community with thousands of hours of time invested. We have many long time players, and some amazing buildings. WC is asking us to move to already overpopulated and capped servers. We can rebuild, but we cannot rebreed special long running lines of dinos, recapture our special holiday tames, and certainly cannot move them to overpopulated areas. it's disheartening to have to keep starting over. Please leave 33 up and running.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, lilpanda said:

This is just a recommendation for players. We do not intend to remove all but the top 30 list of servers in the next legacy removal. We are merely giving players some information on possible places to go based on population. There are 100+ other servers with large populations still that would be safe on the next legacy removal, these top 30 are the best candidates for high activity.

Ok thanks, but for me, this list doesn't help so much. As i said, nothign for PvE players from EU on The Island map or Scortched Earth. It would be nice to have something more complete soon, like that people could manage a lot of stuff with more than one month. Thanks for your help.