Breeding and Tek troughs

Grandta

1 hour ago, MandyH said:

Kinda varies depending on how many of what you are breeding. 2 giga for example 1 trough is well sufficient, roughly equal to 5/6 rexes. Assuming you return every 8 hours for care and refill.

Are you sure? I've been told that it's 2 Rexes to 1 trough.

I have two going at the moment and was thinking of going for between 4-6 of them. That was on the bases of 2 Rexes to 1 Tek trough.

A Rex needs somewhere around 10k meat to go from baby to fully mature. Each tek trough can only hold up to 2k meat. So if you want to just dedicate an evening to getting meat, then you'll need 5 troughs full per Rex. If you don't mind refilling the troughs whenever you get on to the imprints, then a Rex eats roughly 102 meat/hour, or bout 5 stacks/hour, or 40 stacks/8 hours. Thus, 1 tek trough will feed 2 Rexes for 8 hours. Do note that it's only the average - 10% mature Rexes eat much, much more than 80% mature Rexes

So, yes. The more tek troughs you have, the more dinos you can raise at once.

you can have a Tek Generator on lowest setting with 2 troughs on each side. total of 4.. thats a lot you'll also have to power the Tek generator. so you might end up farming so much for the element to have extra just for breeding. Unless your on a unofficial server with harvest setting a little higher, cause filling 4 troughs every 8 hours is a lot of work for a solo player. 

Raising 8 therizinosaurus per trough is easy.. and filling with berries is also super easy.. 

Raising 5 Rex's on 2 troughs with a meat run after imprinting is possible.. but solo.. your going to be busy.. 

with Gigas you can't miss a care and meatrun every 8 hours. 1 giga per trough unless someone can help you refill, I use 4 troughs and sometimes coming back from work and they are all empty.. 

22 hours ago, Yster said:

you can have a Tek Generator on lowest setting with 2 troughs on each side. total of 4.. thats a lot you'll also have to power the Tek generator. so you might end up farming so much for the element to have extra just for breeding. Unless your on a unofficial server with harvest setting a little higher, cause filling 4 troughs every 8 hours is a lot of work for a solo player. 

Raising 8 therizinosaurus per trough is easy.. and filling with berries is also super easy.. 

Raising 5 Rex's on 2 troughs with a meat run after imprinting is possible.. but solo.. your going to be busy.. 

with Gigas you can't miss a care and meatrun every 8 hours. 1 giga per trough unless someone can help you refill, I use 4 troughs and sometimes coming back from work and they are all empty.. 

This is just about the guidelines I go for as a solo player too, haven't had any issues/losses with doing it this way.

I have 2 tek troughs for my hatchet and I raised 7 rexes this weekend. The amount of the time the meat stayed inside the trough wasn’t 18 hours and the troughs have worked perfectly through the entire raise. I am planning on 3-4 just because I think it’ll make it easier, but 2 should be sufficient for up to an 8 Rex raise.

here: http://ark.crumplecorn.com/breeding/

does your calculating for you.  just make sure you update the creatures at the bottom.

but just fyi 1 tek trough full with raw meat will feed 3 rexes for 9 hours starting at 10% and for 12 (ish) hours at 30% 

Edit: addendum: 2 tek troughs full will feed a single giga for more than a day 

Archived