What is your unluckiest/stupidest ARK moment?

I just joined the ARK forum today despite playing since release, so sorry if this is in the wrong section.

Like the title says, what is your worst ark moment? No hard feelings here, btw. it can be noob mistakes, pure misfortune, etc. I'll get the ball rolling.

i was in an obscure server with my friends, we were in two separate tribes that were technically allies, but we would act out the occasional battle. I constantly tame otters for fun, because they are my Children. We have a rule that no-one kills my Otters unless they are in combat. My first three otters were two males and a female named Sherlock, Watson, and Cynthia. During one of our PVP battles, Watson is on my shoulder. Meanwhile, Sherlock and Cynthia are mating in a pen.

New guy who we just invited a couple days ago joins the server in the middle of the battle. gets on his courtesy raptor (we give people a low-level Raptor upon join) and sees Sherlock and Cynthia. New Guy dosen't know about the otter rule yet. He kills them out of COLD BLOOD. (actually, he did it because he was low on hunger with no food and harvested the meat from them)

I get the death notification and rush back. We vote on if he's guilty (we kinda have a council-ban thing going on) and most people agree because he didn't know, he's okay.

Watson is the only one left.

Later, i'm taming an Argentavis at the mountains, Watson is safe on my shoulders, but then an Allo takes me by surprise and kills me. I'm able to retrieve my stuff later,  but when i show up, Watson's body is lying on the ground.

Lots of other unlucky things happened later, but they weren't of big significance. well, otters dying isn't either, but to me they are.

Okay, what about you guys?

Few weeks ago, i found a lv145 mosa, i put kibbles and nacro after i knocked it down and do other stuffs. When I check the tribe log and I saw I tamed it, so I went back down the sea and wanted to bring it home, but I didn't find it, so I check the tribe log again and I saw the mosa was auto-decay destroyed. I am not sad with the lv 145 mosa, I am sad with the 45 Quetzal kibbles.

Ive had a lot but if i were to pick one of the worst it would be back when The Center first released to console, before server transfers and everyone started fresh. It was PvE, 8 buddies and I came tribed from an island server (5 RL friends 3 german guys) We were all experienced players and we had a great base location; between the beaver dams by lava island. 

We worked hard the first week, miles ahead of other tribes. We had both major alternate timezones covered and had a killer base, lots of kibble tames and 6 gigas. This was before it went to perm 2x and before the giga spawn nerf on Center. We constantly tamed gigas because it was easier than killing them, with metal dino gate walls it was easy too. 

Were about 1.5 weeks in, this was when 150 dinos were exclusive to Center, so we had a huge kibble farm, already a great line of breeding ptera, bears and argentavis. 

A long day of grinding we were just starting to aquire metal pieces to convert all our buildings sitting premade in the main smithy. We were all on mic just hanging out and chatting in the main area when all of a sudden a giga appeared from the skies and dropped down into our base. A 150 wild.

You see, when the center was young on officials Gigas would spawn ontop of all the rock pillars near lava jungle and would jump into bases and cause havoc.

We all freaked out and tried to scramble and get a few tames safe at least. A few hopped on their prized pteras and tried to kite it away only to get one shot. It massacred our whole base, kibble farm and all our gigas were hopeless against it. The highest level on the server was like 72 so we werent even close to getting giga saddles yet.

After that we all moved to different spots except the stubborn german, who made his base pure metal and fought off flying gigas for weeks until the patch to fix it. Even after they would constatly drop in his base. He ended up living in a 40x40x30 metal box

Our clan server is running the DragonTail mod on Ragnarok.

I spotted a wandering Giga over by the Green obelisk, and spiralled down to see what level it was.

Decided it'd be a grand idea to flame the poor Giga with my fire dragon... which was all grand until the Giga climbed a small rock up to try to get closer to me (me being airborne and all), got my dragon stuck between the rock and the Giga, and couldn't do anything except watch my mount's healt get chomped 10% at a time.

Sad to see my dwaggie die needlessly... well the Giga got fed after all I suppose.

Got my equipment back but it took a good while to get back to the green obi on foot!  Not my finest hour!  :P

lol I have a huge list...... me and my friend had a war thing like you :P and we where testing the auto turrets (about 1 year ago) and I being a pve player had a lot of greenhouse xD and when we started the war the auto turret tried shooting my friend.... used all its ammo, blasted the greenhouse into oblivion and ridiculed my friends ptera... xD not my proudest moment but was pretty funny

My worst moment was back in early access right after the eels got released. I went into the hard watercave east of map with a tuso. Almost at the end of cave i hit an ammonite and so much stuff came at me out of every direction. Even out of walls. So i got stuck and couldnt escape so at half hp i decided to unmount and died.

respawned at waterpen, jumped on my best mosa and 2 other good mosas on follow. Arrived in cave and bit further in a pack of 5 eels respawned and went after me. At this time eels were super broken so they shocked all 3 mosas at once. After 5min of stunlocking my mosas, the tuso died which was still further in cave. Tried to kill the eels with crossbow and got aggro of one. It came and one shotted me.

back at waterpen i jumped on manta to just quickly whistle the mosas out. Arrived and whistled. 1 mosa got out of the stunlocking eels. I did short break to think of a strategy. Boom, wild mosa out of nowhere one shotted my manta and then me.

end of the story was 1 dead tuso, 3 dead mosas and 1 dead manta. Also 3 high quality scuba sets.

Playing on official hardcore aberration server. Got impregnated by a 145 reaper queen. It was a perfectly executed plan and I ran back to base and logged out to celebrate. Soon after I logged out, sever lagged and rolled back to a point mid fight with the queen. Lost my character, wife lost her character, friend lost his character, two crabs and three light pets died. Went from 100% brilliant planning and gameplay to 100% screwed up the ass by a buggy game.

Hello,

I got to do one more.

Playing PvP we crafted and then playing PvE we crafted the same things for a long time, new to PvE. Simply did not think about it. Now we have stuff in PvE we never use, gunpowder several dinos full, gear that other players can loot (cloth) and player traps in-base. Looking back how the game progressed and evolved I wasted so much time crafting gear I only use in caves now. I made healsoup for boss fights only.

I just had bullets fired at me in PvE and I do not see how that can be fun. So I cant find use for it all.

Just a waste and stupid. Cant stop collecting high level cloth gear though ;)

Regards,

Ariana

Back in the early days on PVP Legacy server 372, I was flying my pteri along the river across from Carno Island when I spotted a Fire Wyvern floating in the air.  SE was still kinda new and I'd never seen a Wyvern before so flew to check it out.  It looked like it might not have a rider so I few closer.  It came to life and blew flames at me so I scrambled away for dear life.  I get away but was still curious, who the heck was that guy?  I get to a good spot and spyglass to see what tribe it was.  He spots me and comes after me lighiting my pteri on fire.  I race away wtih my pteri badly hurt but we survive.  Talking in chat some other tribe had been hit by a Wyvern and lost his pteri.  I end up in party chat with these guys and they ask if I have any Dodo Kibble. I'm like sure I can help you out.  I hop back on my pteri and head over to where this guy is waiting for me.  I land and this naked dude bola's my pteri and knocks me out with a club.  He then steals my stuff and finally just kills me and my pteri.  The guy was in that same tribe as the guy on the Wyvern.  What an idiot I was trusting people, and I even had a MC shotty in my hot slot but had no clue what kinda people I was dealing with.  Let's just say I'm much less trusting now with meeting people I don't know...

Archived