How to defeat Rockwell?

RexualAssault

Rockwell isn't like every other bosses you have fought. You need to worry quite a lot of elements of how it attacks and its mechanics.

There are a few strat to go about it. I let the people who are expert at breeding recommend the stats.

• Megalosaurus pack. DEcent damage, but due to tame AI, can only use alt attack, which does incredibly low damage. Not really recommended, unless you want to mount on it.
  • Karkinos with stegos. Elemental electric balls spews around, and they can withstand a lot of balls damage. Just make sure you don't get yourself killed by it (You can still get hurt by its exploding balls)
  • Spino pack. Squishy, but does its job right, even more with TLC 2 implemented in them with their bipedal damage.
  • Reaper King pack. Decently powerful, but you need to be careful. You also need to get impregnated a couple of time (one after  "bursting" a baby out) to get an army, but you need +75 extra level on the Reaper King.
  • Rock Drake with Shotgun equipped: The most common strategy. You need a decent drake saddle, a drake thats imprinted to you, and a decent shotgun (like in Overseer if you mostly run on foot or as defensive measure) with about 300-500 shotgun shells. You can use its camo to hide from Nameless and Reaper King, but Rockwell can still see you and will still attack you with tentacles and balls.

• 1 month later...

Those of you who have done it with imprinted drakes... 

Did you have any additional dinos? 

What did you do about the balls? 

A friend and I were going to take 8 spinos (15k hp, 600+ melee) with 70-80 armor saddles, and our best drakes (14k or so hp, 1700+ stam and nearly 500 melee) along with 200+ damage shotguns and 500 shells a piece and we were going to try Gamma. Definitely seeking any input anyone has. 

On 6/17/2018 at 12:14 PM, lmaFrickinBeast said:

Those of you who have done it with imprinted drakes... 

Did you have any additional dinos? 

What did you do about the balls? 

A friend and I were going to take 8 spinos (15k hp, 600+ melee) with 70-80 armor saddles, and our best drakes (14k or so hp, 1700+ stam and nearly 500 melee) along with 200+ damage shotguns and 500 shells a piece and we were going to try Gamma. Definitely seeking any input anyone has. 

Tribe I am in only brought drakes imprinted to our own, usually lasting around 15k-ish HP. We rarely use melee on it (most stat point goes to health and stam) unless too many Reapers are blocking our way. One person utilize the pistol to shoot any element balls coming towards any of us if theres a cluster of them since it is a one-shot-wonder, exploding on one bullet and chain reacts any other nearby balls.

1 hour ago, MTWS said:

watch youtube LOL

Most Youtube channels do not play in Official servers and their rates may be different from the original resulting in higher stat (i,e: 8x difficulty). I don't see how that is helpful.

we have done Alpha on rockdarkes with a few tanky dinos on wondering and aggressive to keep the reapers busy.. 

Rock drakes with all the points into HP and a decent saddle with a shotgun with 250% damage. you can just shoot down the energy balls. and the reapers will mostly get stuck fighting you stegos or turtles, or other tanky Dinos you want to use. 

its not easy, so doing a few gamma runs just to get use to the arena and your good to do Alpha. gamma is easy..  its run and pew pew.. I'm pretty sure with 4 turtles and a rockdrake I can solo Beta Rockwell.. 

Archived