Anyone know a good way to raise things if you don't have a lot of time?

Pudge

Be prepared. 

you can save time if you have a bunch of fridges full to restock the troughs, instead of going on meat runs every time. You can use cheap kibble (dodo) as backup food. Use preserving salt to reduce spoilage.

Find something to reliably hold down your T (transfer) key. I often hatch one animal, fill my inventory with food, and "auto"-transfer it to the baby while I do housework. 

If you can, use a procoptodon to hold the baby, to reduce food consumption. Don't go out of render distance, or the baby might be lost (bug :( ).

It sounds like you just have problems with them dying overnight due to render/stasis glitch. Besides what was stated above (its always good to have backup fridges. Have atleast one trough of cooked meat extra for meat eaters) There are other tricks if you are short of dodo kibble, jerky, salts in a dino with cooked meat etc.

What might help you is to simply set your console / computer to auto shut off in 4h or so. Sit in a chair by your AC and go to bed etc. After 4h (were talking out of baby phase and inyo juvi) You will have a better chance of not logging into a bodybag.

For carnivores fill baby with fish meat ( has a lower food value so will eat first ) then troughs full of cooked/raw (how many depend on what you raisin ) for when the fish is gone. Also we use 3 hyenas with meat packs 6 slices spoil in 8 hours by which time thy ready for imprint. Kibble spoils least and has highest food value so they wont eat it unless all other food gone.

All these suggestions work really well. if you are doing well resource wise, you could also pay someone to raise babies for you if you don't have time to do it yourself... you can also ally up w/ people so that you can have babies eat outta their troughs and still be able to imprint yourself. I currently do raising for fellow survivors on my official rag server :D

It really helps to prep before any baby w/ alot of food and extra fridges so you can stock up on meat / berries for the new addition :D

you can also use online resources like ark.crumplecorn.com/breeding  to keep track of timers. you can use it to plan out when you need to be on to feed or refil troughs, or for babies how long you can go offline before the baby runs out of food in its inv. it'll also tell you at what % the baby will be able to have enough food in its inv to last until it reaches 10% so it starts eating from troughs. 

as far as practical tips: a mix of cooked and raw meat will ALWAYS be more efficient time wise when you're using regular troughs. even if only 20% of the meat is cooked it will result in a MUCH longer time before you need to refill troughs. The practical benefit being you can achieve really long timers with few total meats. i just raised 10 rexes with just 5 troughs, and the food timer was never limiting, just imprinting. 

39 minutes ago, Kazaryu said:

as far as practical tips: a mix of cooked and raw meat will ALWAYS be more efficient time wise when you're using regular troughs. even if only 20% of the meat is cooked it will result in a MUCH longer time before you need to refill troughs. The practical benefit being you can achieve really long timers with few total meats. i just raised 10 rexes with just 5 troughs, and the food timer was never limiting, just imprinting. 

Only exception is Daedons. You dont need raw meat with daedons as it gets less food value.

46 minutes ago, Kazaryu said:

fair point. I imagine scorpions are similar since they like spoiled meat. 

Yeah no breeding scorpions but vultures you can and they also prefer spoil meat. for my vulture troughs I fill 1/2 with spoiled and the other half with raw and it just naturally replenishes itself. 

Archived