What moment would you love to forget the most during your ARK experience?

scenestr

Hello Survivors. 

i have been playing a while and have seen and done ALOT of things that i wish i could un-see .. or un-do for that matter.
recently iv made my worst indiscretion yet.

I have been playing with the same few mates since day one, we have had our share of massive legacy raids to almost every type of unofficial setting you can think of, even RP! (which are actually near the best iv ever experienced), in that time we have all done some very stupid things, such as feeding birds stacks of kibble by mistake right before taming something to all 3 of us timing out one time deep sea taming a giant squid.... ark can get interesting!.

the thing is, most of these actions are directly caused by me, i either lose focus, have a severe lack of judgement or something completely random and undependable happens, but only to me..
but even i cannot defend my latest fiasco. We are currently playing on the ORP clusters on xbox as 1 of the guys now has a full time job and the other has recently had a child. our play time is now limited so ORP suits us perfect.

So.. we are currently built on the center. were seasoned players so we dont even bother with anything under metal. we grind out metal and dams to knock up a quick metal shack below snow south (before the entrance to the ice castle). we make quick business taming 4 argys , a few teras, bear and just starting tames that we require in such a remote area. 
SO... everything is going good, we have plants and turrets within a week. we rapidly need to expand as one of us just loves to tame, always has, hes our breeder/tamer and to be honest, he loves it.

so, to expand, we need a big metal run, i jump on one argy, whistle the other 3 to follow me as i ascend up to red wood to fill all 4 argys (this is best as it takes so long to fly to the metal nodes, might as well load up as much as possible). Its currently probably around 10.30 pm and i thought i was raring to go.. i thought..

all i remember was landing at the 3rd set of metal nodes on my trip, 3 argys basically full.
the next thing i know... im running around.. on foot.. looking for my argys?? im saying in chat DILO... i just landed... where are the 4 argys...? and the response i received was.. to this day..is hands down the worse but funniest thing to happen.

it turns out, i had been passed out for 45 minutes... i had fell asleep upon landing at the metal node.. i woke up to a single flying level 50 Titanomyrma (a single  ANT!).. it turns out one ant, single handily ate threw the first argy, my tribe asked what was happening and i didn't respond, the 2nd argy falls around 10 minutes later... my tribes frantic flying around red wood whisling on every node trying to find the rest, another 10 minutes so so and this one bloody ant had slayed 3 argys, and about 5 minutes before i wake up, the last argy falls. to yes.. one ant....

and then my part comes in... "where are the birds? i just landed here and now there gone?"
"brus... they all died.. to an ant.. where the hell are you?" 
i am in just complete shock.. i am speechless i cant even muster up any words to tell my tribe mates... the damn ant ended up killing me aswell due to having broken limbs by the time my scenes came to. i was forced to just log off - without saying a word - what can be said in that moment.
i was actually awake after that... most of the night.. thinking about that damn ant. 

we now have a big laugh over it, its not the first time iv fallen asleep mid game, but it was the most costly, to a single flying ant!

Whats your story? Please. cheer me up.

Oh man, if you start passing out while playing ark you really should take a break! Sleep > ark 

What I would like to forget is when the alpha on our official server started a fight with BLDX and they came to wipe the entire server. One of the members was livestreaming it on twitch, so I could see the massacre happen :( 

We got all our important dinos off the server and managed to rebuild quite well in the end, but the horror of seeing it all go down without being able to do a thing was just no bueno. (Ping rose up to 250, it became impossible to just walk around let alone try and, for example, snipe someone)

I'd like to forget my old tribe. Where they bad players? No. Just crazy people. They talked me into grappling a wyvern and trying to walk on its back. Wyvern went crazy and flew near an enemy base with me still miracously on its back. Turrets kick in. I fall and parachute down, had to escape their Adobe fortress. Then a deathworm shows up. Then to make it worse, the alpha tribe happens to raid the enemy base. Rocks are going everywhere, turrets are going crazy, someone releases a cramp ton of pegomastaxs, alpha Fire wyvern shows up, I grab some guy's body who has tek on, was crazy. I escaped grappled onto one of their moths. Crazy tribe...

That time I tamed up a few troodon  for kibble in preparation of the equus coming out. Most infuriating tame I have ever done and the only time I have lost my cool in Ark. Anything and everything went wrong during the tames. From being knocked out and waiting for the troodon to break my set of armour before killing me, the troodon refusing to kill my offerings, to me accidentally killing the offerings, it all went wrong. Whoever came up with that taming mechanic is just evil lol.  I would like to forgot the fact that I lost it during those tames.

• 4 weeks later...
On 5/12/2018 at 9:27 PM, mafdet said:

The worst moment was the day they made cross ark available. I knew it was a bad decision but they did it anyway. Heck, they even said it was a bad decision but they did it anyway.

still shake my head about it to this day. Smh.

literally the worst moment of ark history 

i agree %100 but servers were too safe without it!

On 5/12/2018 at 10:32 PM, Jwalls604 said:

I'd like to forget my old tribe. Where they bad players? No. Just crazy people. They talked me into grappling a wyvern and trying to walk on its back. Wyvern went crazy and flew near an enemy base with me still miracously on its back. Turrets kick in. I fall and parachute down, had to escape their Adobe fortress. Then a deathworm shows up. Then to make it worse, the alpha tribe happens to raid the enemy base. Rocks are going everywhere, turrets are going crazy, someone releases a cramp ton of pegomastaxs, alpha Fire wyvern shows up, I grab some guy's body who has tek on, was crazy. I escaped grappled onto one of their moths. Crazy tribe...

man.. that's an experience though, sometimes them crazy tribes can teach you the most :)

On 5/12/2018 at 5:31 PM, Wukken said:

Oh man, if you start passing out while playing ark you really should take a break! Sleep > ark 

What I would like to forget is when the alpha on our official server started a fight with BLDX and they came to wipe the entire server. One of the members was livestreaming it on twitch, so I could see the massacre happen :( 

We got all our important dinos off the server and managed to rebuild quite well in the end, but the horror of seeing it all go down without being able to do a thing was just no bueno. (Ping rose up to 250, it became impossible to just walk around let alone try and, for example, snipe someone)

ahhaha i dont fall asleep too often, but double event weekends always makes me push the envelope a little more ?
i seen a few clips reguarding BLDX on youtube, they got there base wiped by a server admin? seen that clip they might be the same guys that wiped your previous server?

probly my favourate clip of all time, if this is the same people, as they are called BLDX - then enjoy!

On 5/12/2018 at 10:54 PM, AngrySaltire said:

That time I tamed up a few troodon  for kibble in preparation of the equus coming out. Most infuriating tame I have ever done and the only time I have lost my cool in Ark. Anything and everything went wrong during the tames. From being knocked out and waiting for the troodon to break my set of armour before killing me, the troodon refusing to kill my offerings, to me accidentally killing the offerings, it all went wrong. Whoever came up with that taming mechanic is just evil lol.  I would like to forgot the fact that I lost it during those tames.

brus i must congratulate you .. you must be in the 1% of the game that has actually tamed that thing. 

The day I lost SEVEN dinos by leading them into the Center’s savannah biome and getting them eaten by an unending wave of Direwolves. Among the creatures I lost were a level 80 spino, a lvl 100+ Allosaurus and a level 220 Therizinosaur. I literally didn’t go anywhere near that place for almost a year after that. Even after I had four level 200+ Rexes I was afraid of getting wiped. Direwolves are just the worst.

The day I was betrayed by a friend I'd had for years because he was afraid of a war between us and the current alpha on the server we were on. We were about to win and overnight he brought them into our base through the alliance we had with him because they managed to somehow convince him if he did not that we would wipe him next for whatever reason. We lost the war because of the damage they did before we could get them out, and they wiped the server shortly after. It was the very first server I had ever played on ark. Sadly it is gone now due to legacy being wiped out but it was my worst moment on this game.

The day i accidently wiped my friends base on Center. I was farming metal uptop one of the top areas on Jungle South by volcano. This was before giga spawn fix. I was up there, naked with an anky of my.own. At this point we were all just ally instead of one big tribe. I was up there, heard footsteps then bam. Anky dead. Somehow I survived and took off running. I thought id better lure it off a cliff away from our main base. It worked! It followed me off the cliff, as I fell i turned around, saw it following me and i turned around to see myself fall right into our buddys base on the other side of the pillar. I decided to just shut up about it and go off on my own way. They werent our RL friends but friendlys on the server. 

About 10 minutes later my friend is flying around and says in global: "uhh... soandso tribe, theres a giga eating your base.." They were all stone (pve) and they lost everything and quit the next day :( I could never tell them i accidently lured a giga to their base

RIP random Australlian tribe.

9 hours ago, MandaBear said:

The day I was betrayed by a friend I'd had for years because he was afraid of a war between us and the current alpha on the server we were on. We were about to win and overnight he brought them into our base through the alliance we had with him because they managed to somehow convince him if he did not that we would wipe him next for whatever reason. We lost the war because of the damage they did before we could get them out, and they wiped the server shortly after. It was the very first server I had ever played on ark. Sadly it is gone now due to legacy being wiped out but it was my worst moment on this game.

damn..ARK has a way of ruining friendships, i play with my 4 younger brothers and a close family friend in my tribe, were a good team , but there's been some tense moments. 
i remember the day my first tribe turned their back on me, we were built on the center and just traded for our first color mutated bird, wasn't even a great bird but we all fell in love with the colors and the possibility's. i only knew one guy out of ARK at the time. i ended up going for a fly on the new bird and my game froze over red wood... i re logged to see it get eaten by a carno.. the tribe acted like i had just murdered the family dog or something.. put a few months work into the tribe to get thrown out over a bird. We were mostly new to the game so at the time is was a HUGE deal to them... now i look back on it and wonder if they still play and how irrelevant one bird is in the bigger picture of ARK. 
i got a lot of experience from that though and now running my own tribe i react a lot differently in situations like that, tames are expendable but true ARK friendships aren't
Thanks for sharing!

9 hours ago, d1nk said:

The day i accidently wiped my friends base on Center. I was farming metal uptop one of the top areas on Jungle South by volcano. This was before giga spawn fix. I was up there, naked with an anky of my.own. At this point we were all just ally instead of one big tribe. I was up there, heard footsteps then bam. Anky dead. Somehow I survived and took off running. I thought id better lure it off a cliff away from our main base. It worked! It followed me off the cliff, as I fell i turned around, saw it following me and i turned around to see myself fall right into our buddys base on the other side of the pillar. I decided to just shut up about it and go off on my own way. They werent our RL friends but friendlys on the server. 

About 10 minutes later my friend is flying around and says in global: "uhh... soandso tribe, theres a giga eating your base.." They were all stone (pve) and they lost everything and quit the next day :( I could never tell them i accidently lured a giga to their base

RIP random Australlian tribe.

Thanks for you confession! 
This is a great way to air out some dirty laundry or to confess to your ark sins!! 
Hope you feel better that's out now hehehe (im sure they wont build so close to giga spawns again though ? so maybe you helped them out a bit too) 

15 minutes ago, d1nk said:

I have a new confession id like to forget. Im doing a SE map currently and id like to forget about all the dead Jerboa.. ive lost 3 today alone! Just from getting jumped and dying (no flyer) those little buggers are toast.

:Jerbcry::Jerbcry:

Poor little guys >.< 
how could you do that to these little critters!?!?!? :P :P 

jerboa.jpg

13 minutes ago, d1nk said:

I have a new confession id like to forget. Im doing a SE map currently and id like to forget about all the dead Jerboa.. ive lost 3 today alone! Just from getting jumped and dying (no flyer) those little buggers are toast.

:Jerbcry::Jerbcry:

I do confess its super duper sad watching baby jerboa die in your face coz u cant feed them fast enough lol

34 minutes ago, scenestr said:

Poor little guys >.< 
how could you do that to these little critters!?!?!? :P :P 

jerboa.jpg

Lol my new ones will be leveled HP to see if they can atleast last an extra hit for my mount to save it when i die :P  I lost quite a few nice easter coloured ones, going to get a breeding pair lol. Its still easter on my server :D 

Archived