Beginner servers=dead servers

Jay89

On 5/9/2018 at 8:21 PM, Jay89 said:

You're going to release these "beginner servers" for who the whole 10 new players a week your getting?

Fix What s broke how many times have people got to say stop releasing things and fix the game!

This server s whoudl have been there from the beginning. conan is just on the way to surpass players numbers of Ark every day. So you are not wrong with your statement.

On 5/18/2018 at 8:24 AM, Daspletosaurus said:

This server s whoudl have been there from the beginning. conan is just on the way to surpass players numbers of Ark every day. So you are not wrong with your statement.

yes, those servers are bit too late :( and i see that lot people that used to play ark are playing conan now

46 minutes ago, OttoGrunf said:

yes, those servers are bit too late :( and i see that lot people that used to play ark are playing conan now

I doubt Conan's resurgence will last too long. The game has so many flaws and bugs it makes ARK look well polished. For instance there is a major bug atm where basically you put all your stuff onto your body then log off and your body becomes invisible meaning your loot is safe and you basically cant be raided. I guess the ARK equivalent would be invisible vaults that can't be destroyed...

That game overall is just garbage. The PVP in that game is so limited and restricted it feels basically like a PVE game. Players can build bases in nearly unreachable locations and then throw masses of shields around their base. It has a climbing mechanic but all you have to do is find one of the locations that are really high,  use an elevator to get up there and then remove the elevator when you log off and your base becomes very unraidable.

Also the combat balance is crap. At least in ARK if you are a low level player and you come across a guy that is a lot higher level then you have somewhat of a chance to beat him even if he has better gear and more stats. In Conan there is no chance because everything is heavily dependent on items and stats and the difference in player levels is much larger.

On 5/22/2018 at 1:18 PM, ForzaProiettile said:

I doubt Conan's resurgence will last too long. The game has so many flaws and bugs it makes ARK look well polished. For instance there is a major bug atm where basically you put all your stuff onto your body then log off and your body becomes invisible meaning your loot is safe and you basically cant be raided. I guess the ARK equivalent would be invisible vaults that can't be destroyed...

That game overall is just garbage. The PVP in that game is so limited and restricted it feels basically like a PVE game. Players can build bases in nearly unreachable locations and then throw masses of shields around their base. It has a climbing mechanic but all you have to do is find one of the locations that are really high,  use an elevator to get up there and then remove the elevator when you log off and your base becomes very unraidable.

Also the combat balance is crap. At least in ARK if you are a low level player and you come across a guy that is a lot higher level then you have somewhat of a chance to beat him even if he has better gear and more stats. In Conan there is no chance because everything is heavily dependent on items and stats and the difference in player levels is much larger.

i tried conan long time ago and it does sound that i shouldnt try it again :D but conan have mixed servers, where you can pvp people but cant destroy buildings and that could be solution for ark too

22 hours ago, OttoGrunf said:

i tried conan long time ago and it does sound that i shouldnt try it again :D but conan have mixed servers, where you can pvp people but cant destroy buildings and that could be solution for ark too

buildings that cannot be destroyed on a PvP server? Gonna be abused to hell to troll/grief other players (like it was during early implementation of offline raid protection in ARK). Also with ability to sink foundations in the ground you wont even know what blocks your base from expanding...

• 2 months later...
On 5/9/2018 at 12:21 PM, Jay89 said:

You're going to release these "beginner servers" for who the whole 10 new players a week your getting?

Fix What s broke how many times have people got to say stop releasing things and fix the game!

I am beginning ark and almost quit because alpha tribes on normal servers. Trying to build a base to get established then having it wiped out for no reason was irritating, especially when I didn't have anything. Breaking down a door and raiding is one thing but a complete wipe is another. Also, being killed by being dropped from a pteradon might be funny one or twice but 10 times is not needed or funny. Especially when you are messing with a player with no supplies, base, or tribe. Without beginner servers there is no way I could have got established. I am using this server to get sonos transfer to protect me on a normal server. 

• 10 months later...

Archived