Beginner servers=dead servers

Jay89

Guest DJRone89
24 minutes ago, Brayn said:

Gonna troll the crap out of those beginner servers.  Given the level restrictions, sounds like a fun game mode kinda like primitive was.

That’s the level of toxicity I thrive on. Got me hot around the collar.

24 minutes ago, Brayn said:

Gonna troll the crap out of those beginner servers.  Given the level restrictions, sounds like a fun game mode kinda like primitive was.

lvl 44 for player, 30 for wild dinos. i got to max lvl in 30min of note runs, tamed a "high" lvl ptera and went drop hunting. end of the second day, i had all metal structure bps needed for a base (foundation, wall, ceiling, door and doorway, plus pillar). if you do the math, metal doors will be a pain to take down with only nades. xplants will make you alpha, no problem. only warning has to be engrams. you'll run out of them pretty quick. so do beacon runs for all the bps and do a mindwipe to unlock things that are not in the loot table.

1 hour ago, Ghostysniper said:

the entire concept of beginner servers is pretty bad, I mean to learning to play ark is pretty easy, and u can just go on a singleplayer game and test out endgame stuff

and many beginners might not even b able to find the beginner servers lol

This right here is a valid point.

So do the beginner servers get advertised when you first start the game? If not, what is this feature meant to be doing?

3 minutes ago, Sphere said:

This right here is a valid point.

So do the beginner servers get advertised when you first start the game? If not, what is this feature meant to be doing?

What a concept, using the news box on the main menu for something useful and up to date rather than old patches? Na lets just leave "TLC 2 LIVE!" up for another month.

Guest DJRone89
1 hour ago, eESTlane said:

you really haven't read any of the complaints nor the settings on those servers now, have you?

Why are veterans playing on beginner servers, expecting something else?

On 5/11/2018 at 3:39 PM, WClovescheaters said:

Its a nice concept, least WC are trying to do something, servers with a lvl cap of 100 would be nice also, not everyone is in a megatribe and anything over lvl 100 is impossible for those not in a megatribe/alliance, and would exclude a lot of the toxic megatribe players from entering.

I think they would be better off doing some more cluster servers. Open up like 4 or 5 closed clusters with like 2-3 of each map in them. The thing they had before they aloud cross server is that most of these servers built really tight communities in them. I think adding more clusters mite offer a real fresh start to some tribes who don't really feel the desire to start on a capped lvl server as well as they can still have a chance at a fresh server without the oversight of massive mega tribes. They could also bring back Locked servers with no server transfers and add like 5-10 of each map for those would be interesting.

These new servers will be more of a trial than anything like how the extinction servers where cool for like 2 days and flopped. Truly new players should however try out some single player maybe with a buddy or two. Then move on to maybe a PVE for a little while and if that's not your style then try to find chill PVP server to try out. 

ARK has several varieties of ways to play and everyone will eventually find one they like. These new servers are just another option in the list.

2 hours ago, PrimalBroom744 said:

I think they would be better off doing some more cluster servers. Open up like 4 or 5 closed clusters with like 2-3 of each map in them. The thing they had before they aloud cross server is that most of these servers built really tight communities in them. I think adding more clusters mite offer a real fresh start to some tribes who don't really feel the desire to start on a capped lvl server as well as they can still have a chance at a fresh server without the oversight of massive mega tribes. They could also bring back Locked servers with no server transfers and add like 5-10 of each map for those would be interesting.

These new servers will be more of a trial than anything like how the extinction servers where cool for like 2 days and flopped. Truly new players should however try out some single player maybe with a buddy or two. Then move on to maybe a PVE for a little while and if that's not your style then try to find chill PVP server to try out. 

ARK has several varieties of ways to play and everyone will eventually find one they like. These new servers are just another option in the list.

They promised "Isolated Clusters" would be part of the game going live. They still havent done a single one.

On 5/16/2018 at 8:23 PM, eESTlane said:

you really haven't read any of the complaints nor the settings on those servers now, have you?

Actually i did read about settings, but i never said i would play on them nor are they for established players.. for new players they are ideal, to learn the game and find out what its all about.

as for complaints, why complain about something that doesn't effect me.

i gave my opinion and thats all it is :) 

13 minutes ago, Comby said:

Actually i did read about settings, but i never said i would play on them nor are they for established players.. for new players they are ideal, to learn the game and find out what its all about.

as for complaints, why complain about something that doesn't effect me.

i gave my opinion and thats all it is :) 

so let me get this straight. having been through the beachbob period (and knowing the rules), you didn't pick up any flaws in the system? you don't think SP or PVE would be a better alternative for newbs to learn the ways? and you are allowed to complain when you've been through it. IMO they are wasted servers. tell legacy people what wc did with their servers :P 

Archived