Extinction: Confirmed and Hypothese

TINYMAN

Hello ARK Community, TINYMAN here,

Hey guys, I was just wondering... what are you guys expecting/know about how extinction is going to be? I've heard rumors about it being an abandoned ARK like Aberration, and also about a fallen Earth, or what Earth looks like after the "overseers" took it over. I don't know just a lot of speculation that I don't keep up with. But anyway, What has been comfirmed/what are your ideas or desires for Extinction.

Thanks Guys!!

More DLC for Ark? Seriously? This is terrible...! Now I have to scrounge up another 20 bucks and uninstall something for the space! Truly, Ark and I have a mixed relationship. :P

In seriousness, I'm curious, because to me this sounds like Fallout: Dinosaur Edition, which would basically make it the greatest thing ever, but I can't afford to get my hopes up for that. The only way that could be made better is if it also segued into the return of Firefly with the entire original cast. I'm a sucker for these strange and new worlds WC keeps creating. They keep making me feel like a petulant child waiting anxiously for Christmas to arrive. 

Well afaik the only info is the following: It’s set on Earth, and there will be Dodorexes outside of holiday events (according to 1 of the digests). 

As for what I’d like to see, more prehistoric animals could be great, but it depends on the map’s vibe. What I definitely want are mutant variations of Earth animals; since this is far in the future maybe some have evolved naturally, or because of element leaks/overseers. New building materials for structures would be awesome as well. What I’m looking forward to the most is more of the story. I can’t wait to explore the ruins (hopefully there’ll be some epic ones!); and find out the true nature of the arks and who built them. 

18 hours ago, EccentricCowboy said:

More DLC for Ark? Seriously? This is terrible...! Now I have to scrounge up another 20 bucks and uninstall something for the space! Truly, Ark and I have a mixed relationship. :P

In seriousness, I'm curious, because to me this sounds like Fallout: Dinosaur Edition, which would basically make it the greatest thing ever, but I can't afford to get my hopes up for that. The only way that could be made better is if it also segued into the return of Firefly with the entire original cast. I'm a sucker for these strange and new worlds WC keeps creating. They keep making me feel like a petulant child waiting anxiously for Christmas to arrive. 

Its... actually the last DLC they are gonna make.

5 minutes ago, Abjure said:

Next DLC could be colonization radiated Earth. Survivors with dinos versus mutated ppl, fauna, flora. Little apocalyptic but traditional theme:P

I can see a lore issue. Currently we go by the "there are multiple ARKs" for the explanation of multiple servers. This explanation wont do for The Earth should there be multiple instances of one.

Guest DJRone89

Fire and brimstone coming down from the skies! Rivers and seas boiling! Forty years of darkness! Earthquakes, volcanoes... The dead rising from the grave! Human sacrifice, dogs and cats living together... Mass hysteria!

8 hours ago, DarthaNyan said:

I can see a lore issue. Currently we go by the "there are multiple ARKs" for the explanation of multiple servers. This explanation wont do for The Earth should there be multiple instances of one.

unless you make it like maze runner.  Have multiple experiment colonies on earth, Everywhere else is uninhabitable. Throw in some zombies, the ability to turn into a zombie if infected and I'm sold.

Archived