Seriously, screw the boss fight setup

SubtendedCrib8

I have been trying for two days to get my wyverns and rexes ready to fight the manticore. Every time I only need to get one or two of them onto the obelisk platform some retarded AI kapro or terror bird chases a creature into the middle of them, bites one, and literally all of them scatter for no reason. It takes 30 minutes just to find them all, and even longer to get them back. The rexes, for whatever reason, move at the speed of light and get flung to the other side of the map and the wyverns fly into every direction. There is literally no reason for any of that to happen

Real predators wouldn't wander into a group of apex super predators so willy nilly, and the ai for tames is just BS

I've put over 50 hours into getting through SE for a play-through of each map with one character and I'm legitimately getting sick of this

36 minutes ago, invincibleqc said:

Why don't you just keep them on passive and whistle them attack target once you have teleported in.

because that would only make too much sense

seriously though, I haven't had any kind kind of trouble up to this point with things like this, so I completely forgot that changing their stance was even a feature of the game

Just have them always on attack THIS target, they won't attack anything out of themselfs even if they get attacked or even if you attack something. Thats how I do it. The only issue that I'm having is that people leave their dino's on the platforms on purpose to prevent bossfights or to waste artifacts of some1 else. 

On 5/9/2018 at 6:37 AM, ZeroSeconds said:

Just have them always on attack THIS target, they won't attack anything out of themselfs even if they get attacked or even if you attack something. Thats how I do it. The only issue that I'm having is that people leave their dino's on the platforms on purpose to prevent bossfights or to waste artifacts of some1 else. 

I like it when ppl do that. Strip naked, take one of my many, MANY collections of artifacts out, bye-bye dinos.

Archived