Complete Lack of Content

Tiberius3223

42 minutes ago, AngryGamer666 said:

GTA5 offers you Shark cards but you dont have to buy them to progress, Ark sells Dino skins and i see them on most servers?

It's not clear who you're agreeing/disagreeing with or what point you're trying to make, not enough information. There's about four different ways your comment could be interpreted, so I don't want to make any assumptions. You're going to have to be more clear about what specific point or points you're trying to make.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 5/8/2018 at 12:03 PM, Tiberius3223 said:

Check the fanboy fever at the door. What games continuously update content??? Are you serious? Any game developer with a game that isn't a single player RPG.......LOL. "PVP and breeding are, in my mind, very small parts of this game".........LOL.

I'm not even responding to these comments further, their ignorant. If seeking more and better content is "privilege"..... I'd hate to see what you think asking your boss for a raise means.....LOL.

You, sir, are the ignorant one here, with comments like that.

Bored? Fine, but that does not mean you should impose how/what YOU think a game should be doing.

If you feel so strongly about this, obviously you do, or you would not have wasted your time posting this here???

Why don't you go about getting the next iteration of something like ARK into production, I am 100% sure that would relieve you of your boredom.

And I am almost as positive that it would be a great game you produce, with all the high expectations you set for others, yours are equal if not higher for yourself?

Looking forward to what you come up with.

People need to make up their minds. Everyone always complained about bug fixes and now they are working on it and now people are complaining about no content, You know there are other games to play if you are bored of ark. Extinction is most likely coming fairly soon and if you can't wait for that just do something else it's pretty simple.

This guy is complaining about the base game? You should try buying a server and hosting. That's an entirely different ball park. Looking forward to decking out my MSI X399 Gaming Pro Carbon AC Motherboard with the rest of it's system memory, getting me my full 128 GB. Over $2000 AUD of memory. Yeah, base game sure looks expensive right? Last I heard Wildcard is spending about $200,000 USD a month on servers. Then they have to develop the game. I wonder how much work the modders put in as well. I'm about to spend $1400 on a custom map to put on my cluster.

Lack of content? What are you doing anyways? This game is rich in content, and can be spiced up with other players. Players make a game into a game. You should consider grouping up.

^^well over half of the content, including the dinos which are just re-skinned and re-purposed (done so poorly), is useless. how many species for example do you actually need other than them staying on passive in your base and pooping eggs? people would just kill their "entry" lvl dinos once they got the upgraded version but this kibble thing is forcing you to build barns and lag the server. half the engrams serve roleplayers and aren't even being used on official pve (shouldn't use thatch for example as kiting dinos is allowed). pvp is even more stricker. maybe 1/3rd of the content can be salvages for them. 

i'd accept a better balancing act instead of content for now though. hard to have fun knowing how far people can go on the extremes. sp and unofficial guys would never understand the struggle even if i painted a masterful image of it. which is sad because they'd also benefit from the change. i've played pve. i know it's flawed too, and i don't mean just land claiming. people keep suggesting we need to tear them apart and balance them differently which could play dividends but it'll definitely make the move from one to the other more difficult. i had over a years worth of pve and i got the gist on how to tame and what the dinos are like and how to build and farm. now if you 3x the pve side, i'd probably not even tame anything on pvp xD when i make the move. same for farming. why grind into infinity (you can always upgrade your defenses) when the actual pvp element of the game is few and far inbetween. dino stats on the other hand should always stay the same. if you separate those two, you'd have a totally different animal at your disposal. wc would have to re-evaluate every altered dino for boss fights for example. i dont know. seems wc are scared to do some drastic changes which i think are needed for the well being of the game...but that would mean a full wipe and people would start crying again. i mean, if you only knew what was going on on the competitive end...:/ 

1 hour ago, eESTlane said:

^^well over half of the content, including the dinos which are just re-skinned and re-purposed (done so poorly), is useless. how many species for example do you actually need other than them staying on passive in your base and pooping eggs? people would just kill their "entry" lvl dinos once they got the upgraded version but this kibble thing is forcing you to build barns and lag the server. half the engrams serve roleplayers and aren't even being used on official pve (shouldn't use thatch for example as kiting dinos is allowed). pvp is even more stricker. maybe 1/3rd of the content can be salvages for them. 

i'd accept a better balancing act instead of content for now though. hard to have fun knowing how far people can go on the extremes. sp and unofficial guys would never understand the struggle even if i painted a masterful image of it. which is sad because they'd also benefit from the change. i've played pve. i know it's flawed too, and i don't mean just land claiming. people keep suggesting we need to tear them apart and balance them differently which could play dividends but it'll definitely make the move from one to the other more difficult. i had over a years worth of pve and i got the gist on how to tame and what the dinos are like and how to build and farm. now if you 3x the pve side, i'd probably not even tame anything on pvp xD when i make the move. same for farming. why grind into infinity (you can always upgrade your defenses) when the actual pvp element of the game is few and far inbetween. dino stats on the other hand should always stay the same. if you separate those two, you'd have a totally different animal at your disposal. wc would have to re-evaluate every altered dino for boss fights for example. i dont know. seems wc are scared to do some drastic changes which i think are needed for the well being of the game...but that would mean a full wipe and people would start crying again. i mean, if you only knew what was going on on the competitive end...:/ 

Basically the game came out as PvP, than PvE came out (reference to an old dev thread). So of course the game is made out of that frame. So certain features refers to war and such so yes on pve they are "useless".

But in my opinion, there are very few dinosaurs that are completely useless or have no advantage at all over another. I know that people are not used to try other tactics and refer often to what is mostly played this being the "current META" , but thinking outside the box sometimes make you realise utility or advantages that you would have never suspected.

To those that play since the begining, there have been a lot of BIG changes, that made people grumpy somehow you can reread patch notes to remember. But I will just make you remember 1 in specific as the people made video and posts about it for like 2 months : the big flyer nerf. But at the end, it made pvp more competitive. Real problem on PvP is more about cheating in fact, than content itself.

The truth is, at the end as being a player of a sandbox, you are responsible of your gaming experience. If for you this or that is not "pvp" or etc... This is why I love this game because, people could even choose to be a raptoring pirate if they wanted and try to be hated on the server "hit and run style". Or you can be an breeder (i call them master pokemon sometimes) if you want, or building etc...

Regards,

Koffi

@Malko i confirmed from your posting history that you're a pve guy. no offence but that explains why you'd look outside of the meta. everything non-meta is just not efficient enough. i may be a stubborn old fool but can you maybe illustrate what you mean by "outside the box"? you hatch 50 rexes and go on a meatrun on a wolf? use galli for transportation? saddle up your butterfly? do watery stuff with a manta? i just lack the imagination. 

9 hours ago, AngryGamer666 said:

GTA5 offers you Shark cards but you dont have to buy them to progress, Ark sells Dino skins and i see them on most servers?

$2-$5 for a dino skin, that i think a total of 5 are purchasable meaning maybe another $20 per copy of the game sold if everyone bought them. GTA 5 you can spend up to $99.99 to buy an $8 million credit card that you deplete over time and can either earn credits in the game or buy another card. Take2 entertainment (the company that owns rockstar) reported income from shark cards of $927 million for 2017. Should ark offer to sell metal or tek structures for microtransactions,  perhaps i could buy 2k narcotics for $5? this would be way more of a comparison to gta that the dino skins are.  The added content that GTA releases also drives a lot of the micro transactions. It's a phenomenal business model, but I don't think it would work with Ark. 

14 hours ago, eESTlane said:

@Malko i confirmed from your posting history that you're a pve guy. no offence but that explains why you'd look outside of the meta. everything non-meta is just not efficient enough. i may be a stubborn old fool but can you maybe illustrate what you mean by "outside the box"? you hatch 50 rexes and go on a meatrun on a wolf? use galli for transportation? saddle up your butterfly? do watery stuff with a manta? i just lack the imagination. 

By the way, i have over 3.5k hours on pvp so thats why I know both sides. Because I played both.

By thinking outside the box, no i wont do meatrun on wolf nor on rex as the rex is quite slow and not efficient compared to other stuff, so your example is not valid sorry (no offense))... But yes lack of imagination leads to do the same stuff over and over again and heres my proof, you right now. I wont explain you in detail why I use this or that dino as it must come with experimentation (and probably tests on local) , but I use procoptodon into boss fight and griefing due to the carry weight + the mobility + easy to raise + it is not suspicious (when i was on pvp) and that was way before tlc. The use of allosaurus as suicide squad was quite uncommon also notice that this is one of the fastest dino to raise and they run really fast. Basically on PvP what you want is efficiency. If you can do a better job with a cheaper dino by exploiting his strenghts, I dont see the downside. That is the reason why you want to think outside of the box, spending less time doing the same work.

1 year ago, the use of the wooly rhino on pvp was really rare. Not only because of the rage of the giga, but, people didnt know that it could be a "kit stealer" just like the therino could be. People was also ignoring the pachyrhino for a long time. But you can see videos on officials now of those tanking. Did they really buffed that poop out to outclass other? Not really. People change and thats how people get better at what they do.

Guest DJRone89
8 hours ago, eESTlane said:

I use an ascendant chainsaw on Paracers in the swamp for my meat runs.

14 hours ago, Malorne said:

WoW, Elder Scrolls, Even that excuse of a game called Rift.

Wow = Subscription plus separate payment for expansions, much more expensive than ARK.

Rift = freemium game model. This is a valid game model, but it's not the same model that ARK uses. The free part of Rift is fun, and it's good, but if you want access to all of the content you're going to end up spending more than ARK costs. I'm not criticizing or complaining about Rift, it's a fine game, the point is that someone has to pay for continuously updated content even though some people get to play the basic game for free.

Elder Scrolls = never played it, maybe someone else can address this.

8 minutes ago, AdligerAdler said:

What fan club? Adding 1 to 0 means you just created one.

OT: There's sooo much to do in this game. Use your imagination. 

Heck, when I get tired of working on any goals, I take a break for a "naked and afraid" run.  Grab a flier, set it to follow one of your dinos at home.  Get 1 parachute, 1 stack of berries and maybe a waterskin.  Leave all other equipment and armor at home.  Fly to a random location and parachute off.  Bird goes home, your challenge is to run home without dying.  Harder version, no berries or waterskin.  Always fun :)

2 hours ago, JamesDoty said:

Heck, when I get tired of working on any goals, I take a break for a "naked and afraid" run.  Grab a flier, set it to follow one of your dinos at home.  Get 1 parachute, 1 stack of berries and maybe a waterskin.  Leave all other equipment and armor at home.  Fly to a random location and parachute off.  Bird goes home, your challenge is to run home without dying.  Harder version, no berries or waterskin.  Always fun :)

that sounds hilarious, although i think i'd be too afraid of losing my flier somehow....

Heck, when I get tired of working on any goals, I take a break for a "naked and afraid" run.  Grab a flier, set it to follow one of your dinos at home.  Get 1 parachute, 1 stack of berries and maybe a waterskin.  Leave all other equipment and armor at home.  Fly to a random location and parachute off.  Bird goes home, your challenge is to run home without dying.  Harder version, no berries or waterskin.  Always fun [emoji4]

I do this when i stream ark. Makes for some fun and exhillerating adventures!

Guest DJRone89
9 hours ago, d1nk said:

Amen brother. 

I needed thousands of hide for my Rex saddles for boss fights, when an ally mentioned using a chainsaw.

My base on Rag is near the western swamp so it’s a haven for Paracers. I have to throw most of the prime away because you get so much, and I would rather be slot capped with raw meat instead.

The guy saying it’s not efficient to think outside the box must not know how things become the new-meta.

In fact Contentwise this game is awesome it has a lot of content,BUT they only made it this way because they cant do anything else just content. They cant fix serious Bugs,Performance,Duping,Cheating in general, and many other stuff and it worked very well out. Its simple tactic like ehm we have problems with that BUT next wekk new creatures will enter and some other stuff.(brilliant but only works on very young and naive people) im 100% Sure this games auddince is 80 kids if not more which is not bad or anything just that they are naive diue to their age. And they abused that in every way to get the most money out of it.

As a Company i respect them they pulled of a lot of questionable things but yet always come aaway with it and made a lot of money. and a Company always thinks Economically dort matter what they say.

But you are right its losing a lot of players every month its hardly in the top 10 anymore. The last 4 months were downhill like never before since first releas in Early Access. Nice place to discuss. :) forgive me my bad grammatic.

On 5/8/2018 at 6:03 PM, Tiberius3223 said:

Check the fanboy fever at the door. What games continuously update content??? Are you serious? Any game developer with a game that isn't a single player RPG.......LOL. "PVP and breeding are, in my mind, very small parts of this game".........LOL.

I'm not even responding to these comments further, their ignorant. If seeking more and better content is "privilege"..... I'd hate to see what you think asking your boss for a raise means.....LOL.

Do you even play ARK? If you think this is ridiculous.. I don't know what game you were playing the whole time.

Archived