base protection

mattb123

1 hour ago, mattb123 said:

i need to know on pve (unoffical) how to keep it safe this troll lured a rex  to it and half of it was gone i rebuilt the main base but any way to protect it on land ?

Build your base like you would for pvp. First upgrade your base to metal. What level are you? If you can build turrets farm materials for a few turrets after and crop plots for some plant x, like about 20-25 plant x. Make sure you make several bullets for your turrets i recommend 250 to 500 bullets a turret to get started. Spikes walls work to if you make alot of them to put around your base but dont do just spike walls you still need plant x and turrets. Im assuming you are low level if the rex demolished your base. So first focus on putting stone dino gates around your base and upgrading your base to metal. 

One of my bases, I built entirely on pillars.  Entire base and all the pillars were metal.  The pillars were 4 higher than a giga's head where the 1st floor started.  from there the base was over 3 behemoth gates tall, all accessed from elevator.  Other option is metal walls or behemoth gates as outer wall, as LLOYD0102 described, but make sure no tamed dinos are near it.

Yay finally PVE experience comes in handy!

The most simple things to protect your bases from wild dinos is a simple permiterer wall. Dino gates (flat or up a hill) will stop every dino except a titan. If theres any downwards slope towards the gates a giga can step in. To be 100% safe just surround in stone behe gates. Yes. Gigas can damage stone. A wild giga will.not aggro to your place unless provoked. If you want to avoid gigas chomping through at your dinos just incase.. make sure any dinos or buildings are atleast 7 foundations (length of gigas reach from head) away from.your outside walls. Stone is fine as itll take gigas ages to bite through. Metal to be 100% safe.

You need atleast: 5 high walls for gigas, 7 high walls for titans. Dino gates are a smidge over 4, behe gates are 13 if i remember correctly. 

DO NOT  put spec x turrets that can shoot outside your walls or you WILL get wiped by a giga. Have plants on the ground around interior but not able to shoot a giga if he walks to your walls. Spec x will not shoot a titan unless it aggros to your base.

Archived