Lusca

Any tips/ideas for interior design?

So after randomly building this, i'm not too sure what to do about the inside. I seem to have tons of empty space inside this but I'm not sure what to put in here other than vaults, crafting stations and fridges. What have you guys done to make the interior of your buildings look less empty?

unknown.png

• Like 1

Well first off I usually like to put gates into my gateframes so they feel less empty :P 

What are your plans? Do you store dinos in there? How big are the rooms? (Maybe a few interior pics) What mode / server type do you play? 

search youtube for "ark fatdog" and find his Aberration round foundation house -- one of my favorite non-mod builders and his interior stuff in that round house is, in my opinion, incredible.

• Thanks 1

I usually double up the walls and put more aesthetically pleasing wall types on the inside such as wood or stone and then usually round out the empty space on the walls with trophy mounts, fireplaces, maps, book cases and other containers.  I don't really bother with vaults since I prefer the look of the standard wood shelf and boxes.  I like making rooms have a bit of a theme to them as well, make a library, a kitchen, a forge room, stuff like that.  If you have the room it never hurts.  Make a nursery if you have enough room for baby dinos.  Chairs and tables always make the room look less empty.  Dont forget you can also add some interior designs structures such as a balcony with wood railing in the rafters.  I try to make sure no wall has empty space when i design my rooms.  Try planting some crops inside for aesthetic appeal all the plant species x-z look nice and fill out the rooms.

• Like 1

On 5/7/2018 at 11:25 PM, Lusca said:

So after randomly building this, i'm not too sure what to do about the inside.

I'd suggest an army of terracota warriors, since based on the look of that fortress you're planning on going back in time and becoming the first emperor or China.

That is some pretty awesome architecture you've designed. /salute

• Haha 1

Other than the tips that are already given, I would try to create different rooms for different purposes so it feels a little more cozy. Also I like to add paintings to my builds. On official I dedicated a wall to all the kibble recipes, it really added some color without overloading the base