How are we feeling about the new kings harvest event?

Jomo2210

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, Jatheish said:

We're still interested in exploring different options, however, for this weekend it would have been a bust without our additional changes.  

It would be nice to get some under water love.   Increase water movement speed, water clarity, more tuso and mosa's please.    like x10 to underwater gathering.  no scuba weekend, we can all breath water.

Guest DJRone89
5 hours ago, Rotix said:

Hence why I said, “new standard”.

Then you all will complain that there are no more evo events that boost taming/XP/harvest.

18 hours ago, Jatheish said:

We noticed an issue with changing the custom cooking bonus dynamically, and that was the core part of King's Harvest! So we're walking it back for now, as it'll require some additional development work to get it functioning as we need it for the event. We've decided to switch up to 1.5x Harvesting, 1.5x Maturing Rates, and 1.5x Egg Hatching. We're still interested in exploring different options, however, for this weekend it would have been a bust without our additional changes.  

mabye add to taming please ?

14 minutes ago, ango900 said:

im pretty sure that its now 1.5x not 2x, because its only 1 stone pickup and i dont remember only picking up stone 50% of the time before december.

It is "normally" 2x gathering as compared to original EA rates, but they recoded it so that at that 2x, you still only get 1 stone per grab.  When using tools to gather stone, you are getting 2x what the original rates were.

• Administrator
On 5/12/2018 at 1:10 PM, LilyGrace said:

Nah it was 2 stone for a while, then they adjusted it to be 1 stone but still generally 2x... 

Aye, the base rates are still 2x what they originally were when we first released. We just resolved a technical issue that cause 2-stones when picked up (among other things).

32 minutes ago, Jatheish said:

Aye, the base rates are still 2x what they originally were when we first released. We just resolved a technical issue that cause 2-stones when picked up (among other things).

The base rates are the base rates: 1x. :)

A lot of people that bought the game at release don’t know what 2x original release is and is confusing. Can’t we all just agree that the Early Access rates were lower and official release rates are “1x”?

It’s almost this justification that the rates really aren’t that bad because they were much lower before. Rates are rates. We are on 1x unless there is an evo event. Which I think ironically this weekend actually matched the old evo rates from early access (they used to be 3x when EA rates were still in place, right?)

Guest DJRone89
1 minute ago, lllberlin0rlll said:

hi all i think is not so good for pve, pvp like it i think, i love only 1.5 breeding or taming or xp .

I was astonished that breeding started with the kings event because none of them could be read in the kings event. But I was pleasantly surprised, so at least one thing that was pleasing.

The kings harvest was put on hold because the devs haven’t figured out how to make the food recipes stick after the event is over because the setting is retroactive so would return to the pre-event effectiveness.

This was just a make do event.

Guest DJRone89
6 hours ago, AdligerAdler said:

So I guess next weekend we'll get that crap I mean crop event? 

I already miss the classic evo event. 2x taming... sigh, good times.

Boo hoo

Guest DJRone89
Just now, flamron said:

Did you activate the kings harvest on your unofficial server last weekend since you don’t play official?

No because the kings harvest event wasn’t even active because the devs were unable to make the cooking recipes stick and not convert to their pre-event effectiveness in time for the event to launch.

Plus, unless the event is made available to my server host like the seasonal events such as Valintines day, Easter, Hallowe’en, Winter Holiday etc, we are unable to experience them.

1 hour ago, DJRone89 said:

No because the kings harvest event wasn’t even active because the devs were unable to make the cooking recipes stick and not convert to their pre-event effectiveness in time for the event to launch.

Plus, unless the event is made available to my server host like the seasonal events such as Valintines day, Easter, Hallowe’en, Winter Holiday etc, we are unable to experience them.

You can adjust rates and settings though, so I assume you would tweak them to experience the harvest. 

Guest DJRone89
10 minutes ago, flamron said:

You can adjust rates and settings though, so I assume you would tweak them to experience the harvest. 

I already provide a very customised console experience, so I’ll only initiate events that are made available on my server hosts web interface.

36 minutes ago, AdligerAdler said:

Surprised the King's Harvest event won't be this weekend. And no info in the CC on what kind of evo event on May 25th.

But hell yes 2x taming right now! I already had withdrawal symptoms. DJRone89 must be mad since he hates everything that reduces times.

Thanks for Dino Day, Wildcard.

DJ plays unofficial anyways. His settings are custom. ;)

Guest DJRone89
8 minutes ago, flamron said:

And others can’t handle official rates. It’s ok. We get it. 

Can your whole tribe take a break from the game, at the same time, for more than 8 days and still keep all of your dinos?

(Laughs in no decay timers) ;)

Archived