How are we feeling about the new kings harvest event?

Jomo2210

1 minute ago, Jerryn said:

I have been playing since summer of 2015.   Evo was most definitely not always here.  And, servers are already on 2X Evo compared to what they used to be.

As for the other, I clearly stated I thought it was hilarious(I was being polite in the my choice of words).  Please feel free to copy and post it at your discretion.

Of course it wasn't. No one here said it was and we all know they happen at WC discretion, but when the events where rolled out it was specifically described as a x2 and up untill now it always has been. Jen said we would have an evo event, not a Kings harvest event. That is bait and switch. The Kings harvest name and mothers day weekend (yes in the US we aren't idiots  and know other countries have it on other days) is just horribly bad timing. Couple that with the terrible boost specifically to crops and cooking and you have the recipe for the PR disastor that is currently going on.

The only thing that could make it worse would be WC being silent, sending multiple volunteer moderators (we are up to what, 5 of them now) to attack people who are expressing their frustrations, and then top it off with sexist jokes.

Not sure what you guys are hoping to get from this continued engagement, but a simple message from a WC official saying "Hey, we hear you guys and will work to pay more attention and better communicate in the future." would have ended all of this. This is just bad communication followed by an even worse response.

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Volunteer Moderator
2 minutes ago, Whipples said:

The only thing that could make it worse would be WC being silent, sending multiple volunteer moderators (we are up to what, 5 of them now) to attack people who are expressing their frustrations, and then top it off with sexist jokes.

1. WC does not send me to do anything.  I happened to be out early today than I normally have for a while.  I Wander across this when looking through the forums.  But, you keep using the logical fallacy if it helps.  It might surprise you, that the mods are also players of the game, and we actually have a right to express our opinion.

2. If you think I made a sexist joke, you literally do not understand what I said, or are just deliberately taking my comment out of context.  Either way, that is just bad (again, I am trying to be polite).

With that, I can find better conversation else where....or....did WC tell me to move to another topic?   (that is sarcasm, just to be clear)

24 minutes ago, Ranger1 said:

Except that he's probably correct.  Most of my fellow Americans seem to have no idea that Mother's Day is celebrated year round in various countries... if at all.  I freely include myself in this when I say that "Entitlement" is indeed one of our most abundant natural resources.

Really dude. THIS is what you think is a proper response to this situation? That's probably worse than the other guys joke about how people would be more upset if a mother day event wasn't about cooking and gardening.

1 minute ago, DJRone89 said:

I’m an American born abroad. Entitled is an understatement in the land of the free and greatest country in the world.

Yes, other countries celebrate Mother's Day on different days. But there are also other countries besides the US that are celebrating Mother's Day this weekend. For you to insinuate that it is just Americans who are upset about this event and then to called them entitled, is idiotic and misguided. Those upset about the event could be Canadian for all you know. 

Guest DJRone89
3 minutes ago, Rotix said:

Yes, other countries celebrate Mother's Day on different days. But there are also other countries besides the US that are celebrating Mother's Day this weekend. For you to insinuate that it is just Americans who are upset about this event and then to called them entitled, is idiotic and misguided. Those upset about the event could be Canadian for all you know. 

I don’t really care. End of the day, everyone is angry about a special evo event to do with cooking and gardening that made no mention of mothers days being held on a mothers day.

People will always find something to complain about, even if it is of a false equivalence.

For anyone else upset with what is being said here or has a problem with the response and accusations that Americans are just a bunch of entitled brats. There was a reasonable and proper way to address these frustrations and it didn't involve insulting a large chunk of the player base.
http://www.studiowildcard.com/contact/

1 minute ago, DJRone89 said:

I don’t really care. End of the day, everyone is angry about a special evo event to do with cooking and gardening that made no mention of mothers days being held on a mothers day.

People will always find something to complain about, even if it is of a false equivalence.

I can agree with you that the evo event does not say anything about Mother's Day. Thus, the event itself has no influence on the bonuses that we will be receiving this weekend. However, to suggest that it is just Americans that are upset, is just plain wrong. 

6 minutes ago, Joebl0w13 said:

Impossible, Canadians don’t get upset about much. 

It's amazing that moderators continue to inflame this conversation. 

• Administrator

Evolution Events are supposed to be a special bonus we run during an allotted time period which can affect servers in different ways. Initially, when we first started hosting them, they primarily occurred around sales or patches. Eventually, they became more common and we started to introduce additional options to them (breeding, maturation, etc). We've recently stated that we felt like we were overzealous in 2017 with regards to how we managed these Evolution Events. We decided that we wanted to introduce some new settings into the mix and play around with new options for our Official Servers. This means you may see more unique events like Harvest King, or perhaps something related to crafting, or fishing, there are some options available and at this point, we're still experimenting.

I understand that some of you may think that this event should have been a Mother's Day one, and that's understandable. However, the timing of the Kings Harvest is a sheer coincidence and we're going to continue to look into hosting events with more variety. Perhaps it ends up that we'll keep up the frequency of 2017, except you'll just see different ones occurring over the weekend as opposed to the standard 2x Harvest/Taming/XP. That doesn't mean that we'll stop hosting taming, or even the rare breeding events, we just want to explore new ground. The team are always going to try and warn you in advance of events, as well as what they may be. Kings Harvest is our first, of hopefully many unique ones. We're open to hearing more suggestions regarding Evolution Event ideas, that go beyond the standard taming and breeding. 

As for the comments regarding the name, it's literally just to give it an event. So if you see a post saying that King Harvest is coming, you'll know it has to gathering, farming, and possibly custom cooking recipes. 

4 minutes ago, Jatheish said:

Evolution Events are supposed to be a special bonus we run during an allotted time period which can affect servers in different ways. Initially, when we first started hosting them, they primarily occurred around sales or patches. Eventually, they became more common and we started to introduce additional options to them (breeding, maturation, etc). We've recently stated that we felt like we were overzealous in 2017 with regards to how we managed these Evolution Events. We decided that we wanted to introduce some new settings into the mix and play around with new options for our Official Servers. This means you may see more unique events like Harvest King, or perhaps something related to crafting, or fishing, there are some options available and at this point, we're still experimenting.

I understand that some of you may think that this event should have been a Mother's Day one, and that's understandable. However, the timing of the Kings Harvest is a sheer coincidence and we're going to continue to look into hosting events with more variety. Perhaps it ends up that we'll keep up the frequency of 2017, except you'll just see different ones occurring over the weekend as opposed to the standard 2x Harvest/Taming/XP. That doesn't mean that we'll stop hosting taming, or even the rare breeding events, we just want to explore new ground. The team are always going to try and warn you in advance of events, as well as what they may be. Kings Harvest is our first, of hopefully many unique ones. We're open to hearing more suggestions regarding Evolution Event ideas, that go beyond the standard taming and breeding. 

As for the comments regarding the name, it's literally just to give it an event. So if you see a post saying that King Harvest is coming, you'll know it has to gathering, farming, and possibly custom cooking recipes. 

Add 2x taming to King's Harvest and all players (except DJRone89 maybe) are happy. There was already no 2x taming last weekend. 2x taming is the best event thing ever on official. Reducing times of things that take long is the best thing ever on officials.

5 minutes ago, AdligerAdler said:

Add 2x taming to King's Harvest and all players (except DJRone89 maybe) are happy. There was already no 2x taming last weekend. 2x taming is the best event thing ever on official. Reducing times of things that take long is the best thing ever on officials.

This, and maybe pay more attention to holidays and events. An actual mothers day event would be fantastic (doesn't have to be on the day we celebrate mothers in America). It would really make WC look good and be a huge PR win. Basically anything but the moderator response here would be a win really.

9 hours ago, Melcreif said:

Is there a differentiator with crafting skill between making custom recipes and crafting better gear? I don't remember seeing there being a way to seperate these, but maybe I missed it.

there is from what i've read. for example focal chilli affects custom recipes but not blueprint crafting, at least thats what im remembering reading.

also keep in mind, these are the devs, they could patch just about anything.

as far as a hard differentiator, the bonus you get to gear and output of a crafting recipe are calculated in 2 separate equations, all they need to do is change one equation. in theory of course.

Guest DJRone89
5 hours ago, AdligerAdler said:

There goes that entitlement again; ”how dare the devs have an evo event without at least a taming/harvest bonus!”

I like it because it seems like a lot of people won't be playing which means I can get my tames in and my dino's hatched. 

Resource gathering is more than efficient on 1x. I was showing my buddy who doesn't play but has to listen to my incessant rambling some of the cool new Argy stuff with the Anky and explaining the method I used. 93% imprinted Anky with 517% melee. 2k ing of metal in 5 minutes. How much more efficient do you need? I don't even trade for metal anymore. 

The only tweak I might recommend is more meat as you're at a disadvantage if you don't have a Giga (I compared a 700% melee Reaper and a 647% melee Wyvern vs a 481% melee Giga and it's not even close.)

Don't get me wrong I enjoy the events and I already have custom recipes made and fridges of vegetables so those bonus' don't help me this time. I of course enjoy faster and more efficient taming. I enjoy extra metal/obsidian/crystal/stone/wood/sand. I enjoy getting my dino's leveled faster. I enjoy 9 hour Quetzal baby timers but most of all I enjoy actually being able to hatch the eggs I want to hatch and tame the dino's I want to tame on a fairly stable server when I am playing and you don't get those last 3 in any type of guarantee when there is an evo event. 

I don't care if it is a beaten to death cliche. If you want increased rates constantly you do not want to play on official and need to go to a private server. Official rules are official rules. Play with in them or go to a server that fits your play style better or create your own.

Guest DJRone89
54 minutes ago, yekrucifixion187 said:

I like it because it seems like a lot of people won't be playing which means I can get my tames in and my dino's hatched. 

Resource gathering is more than efficient on 1x. I was showing my buddy who doesn't play but has to listen to my incessant rambling some of the cool new Argy stuff with the Anky and explaining the method I used. 93% imprinted Anky with 517% melee. 2k ing of metal in 5 minutes. How much more efficient do you need? I don't even trade for metal anymore. 

The only tweak I might recommend is more meat as you're at a disadvantage if you don't have a Giga (I compared a 700% melee Reaper and a 647% melee Wyvern vs a 481% melee Giga and it's not even close.)

Don't get me wrong I enjoy the events and I already have custom recipes made and fridges of vegetables so those bonus' don't help me this time. I of course enjoy faster and more efficient taming. I enjoy extra metal/obsidian/crystal/stone/wood/sand. I enjoy getting my dino's leveled faster. I enjoy 9 hour Quetzal baby timers but most of all I enjoy actually being able to hatch the eggs I want to hatch and tame the dino's I want to tame on a fairly stable server when I am playing and you don't get those last 3 in any type of guarantee when there is an evo event. 

I don't care if it is a beaten to death cliche. If you want increased rates constantly you do not want to play on official and need to go to a private server. Official rules are official rules. Play with in them or go to a server that fits your play style better or create your own.

No Giga, no problem. Chainsaws are incredibly underated, so with a decent damage % and durability (better to loot a new one than repair), you can get ridiculous amounts of meat in a very short period.

25 minutes ago, HoganRyan01 said:

It's actually the opposite... every mega tribe uses custom recipes.... Are you living under a rock?

Even in PvE give me a custom recipe. I don't need to constantly clear spoiled meat out of my inventory.

I tank tames with my body a lot so it heals me faster without needing a health brew and food. 

They are just a huge added benefit. Best believe I will be employing an allies crafter to make at least one better/cheaper hp recipe and a stamina recipe for my Quetzal. 

Archived