How are we feeling about the new kings harvest event?

Jomo2210

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Kazaryu said:

'custom recipes' refers to a specific mechanic, not just anything that is cooked in a cooking pot. what that line most likely refers to is effectively an increase in your crafting skill when you make a custom recipe. so the bonus doesn't even technically effect the creation of custom foods from a recipe. it affects the creation of new recipes. 

Is there a differentiator with crafting skill between making custom recipes and crafting better gear? I don't remember seeing there being a way to seperate these, but maybe I missed it.

28 minutes ago, Melcreif said:

Is there a differentiator with crafting skill between making custom recipes and crafting better gear? I don't remember seeing there being a way to seperate these, but maybe I missed it.

No there’s not but the bonus effect granted to recipes will be boosted I assume whether it’s temporary or stays after the event is unknown 

and if it stays I’m going to get my 130 focal chili character and make god level recipes.

• Volunteer Moderator
Just now, Whipples said:

Happy Mothers day Ark ladies, enjoy your time in the kitchen...!

This is just insulting. Last week we were told we would have an evolution event over mother's day weekend, but instead we get this. A "Kings" harvest festival focused on gardening and cooking.

You were not told you would have one FOR Mother's Day. You were told there would be an Evo Event, just like you are told each week there is one that there will be an Evo Event.

The fact there is an Evo Event during the same period as Mother's Day is coincidence. If Mother's Day was during the week there would be no event during Mother's Day, therefore this is just a coincidence of timing.

It's a shame that some Mother's feel offended by the event, but it is not aimed at Mother's and never was. We never had an event for Mother's Day in March, so why have an event in Mother's Day now?

3 minutes ago, GP said:

You were not told you would have one FOR Mother's Day. You were told there would be an Evo Event, just like you are told each week there is one that there will be an Evo Event.

The fact there is an Evo Event during the same period as Mother's Day is coincidence. If Mother's Day was during the week there would be no event during Mother's Day, therefore this is just a coincidence of timing.

It's a shame that some Mother's feel offended by the event, but it is not aimed at Mother's and never was. We never had an event for Mother's Day in March, so why have an event in Mother's Day now?

Intended or not, perception is reality. You’ve affected some of your player base.  The silence from any real Wildcard reps isn’t helping either. 

Not true. Last week in response to the questions about an evolution event we were told that the next one would be on May 11th (Which is Mothers day weekend). Up until now, evolution events have always been x2 harvest and x2 taming. All other events, things like this Kings festival, have been separate and in many cases along side an evolution event. This is not an evo event, it is labeled as the Kings harvest and it is happening on Mother Day weekend. So again, happy mothers day ladies. Enjoy your cooking and crops!

3 minutes ago, GP said:

Guest DJRone89
3 minutes ago, flamron said:

Intended or not, perception is reality. You’ve affected some of your player base.  The silence from any real Wildcard reps isn’t helping either. 

The only perception here is that US citizens feel that Mothers day should only be celebrated for their country. Talk about entitlement.

• Volunteer Moderator
Just now, Whipples said:

Not true. Last week in response to the questions about an evolution event we were told that the next one would be on May 11th (Which is Mothers day weekend). Up until now, evolution events have always been x2 harvest and x2 taming. All other events, things like this Kings festival, have been separate and in many cases along side an evolution event. This is not an evo event, it is labeled as the Kings harvest and it is happening on Mother Day weekend. So again, happy mothers day ladies. Enjoy your cooking and crops!

Yes you were told it would start on 11th May, but they never said it was FOR Mother's Day.

You can call it what you want, but the announcement clearly states it is an Evolution Event. 

They have decided to mix the Evolution Event up, and it just happens to be this weekend that they start that. It is not and never is in addition to Evo Events, it IS the Evo Event.

1 minute ago, GP said:

Yes you were told it would start on 11th May, but they never said it was FOR Mother's Day.

You can call it what you want, but the announcement clearly states it is an Evolution Event. 

They have decided to mix the Evolution Event up, and it just happens to be this weekend that they start that. It is not and never is in addition to Evo Events, it IS the Evo Event.

You can call it an evolution event all you want, but up until now evolution events have all been the same and the player base has counted on that. So when official WC staff says "Hey there will be an evolution event on such and such a day." We expect it to be what they have always called an evolution event. If you want to brush of the Mothers Day "coincidence" thats fine, but please don't just brush of the sudden change in what an "evolution event" is and has always represented. This was bait and switch pure and simple. The calling it a King's event over Mother's Day weekend is just a horribly insensitive and really bad timing.

Guest BubbaCrawfish
On 5/9/2018 at 1:55 AM, Cowgirl said:

don't have use for 1,400 carrots

So you don't use kibble to feed your dinos in extended timeframes?

I haven't had to go harvesting food in months... Everyone except the ones who don't eat the kibble, are fed and even the fridges have so much dodo kibble that it's incredible.

Guest DJRone89
11 minutes ago, Whipples said:

You can call it an evolution event all you want, but up until now evolution events have all been the same and the player base has counted on that. So when official WC staff says "Hey there will be an evolution event on such and such a day." We expect it to be what they have always called an evolution event. If you want to brush of the Mothers Day "coincidence" thats fine, but please don't just brush of the sudden change in what an "evolution event" is and has always represented. This was bait and switch pure and simple. The calling it a King's event over Mother's Day weekend is just a horribly insensitive and really bad timing.

Where was the outcry for all of the Mother’s days for other countries?

• Volunteer Moderator
14 minutes ago, Whipples said:

The 'Evo Events' have not all been the same or even always been the same cadence.

Matter of fact, the Evo Events were not even around during the early years of Ark.  They have been done at the discretion of WC, once the started doing them; not sure where there is bait, much less switch.   I don't even remember Evo Event being mentioned when I purchased Ark.

Also, I find it a bit 'ironic' that people complain about the event being for cooking and gardening, but have no trouble if the event was for breeding and harvesting.  The hypocrisy of the indignation of one over the other is simply stunning.

15 minutes ago, Jerryn said:

The 'Evo Events' have not all been the same or even always been the same cadence.

Matter of fact, the Evo Events were not even around during the early years of Ark.  They have been done at the discretion of WC, once the started doing them; not sure where there is bait, much less switch.   I don't even remember Evo Event being mentioned when I purchased Ark.

Also, I find it a bit 'ironic' that people complain about the event being for cooking and gardening, but have no trouble if the event was for breeding and harvesting.  The hypocrisy of the indignation of one over the other is simply stunning.

The latter being more common until recently would be what you’re not quite getting. 

• Volunteer Moderator
1 minute ago, flamron said:

The latter being more common until recently would be what you’re not quite getting. 

I get it just fine.  What part of the fact that this was never part of the original game and it was at WC's discretion do you not get?

I also remember the original rates were 1/2 of what they are now.  From my POV, official servers have been on a permanent Evo Event since they 2Xed them.    All a matter of perspective.

And, none the less, anyone claiming 'cooking and gardening' are insulting while wanting 'breeding and harvesting' (much less saying it is more appropriate) for Mother's Day is pretty hilarious, to put in nicely.

31 minutes ago, Jerryn said:

Wow, they are bringing out all you guys to fluff this one over.

Evo events have always been x2 taming and x2 harvest. I'm also very familiar with the past rates etc. I've been playing since PC launch. In fact, the wiki, twitter, all that stuff specifically designates evo events as x2 taming and x2 harvest. Jen made an announcement about the evo event last week.

11 minutes ago, Jerryn said:

And, none the less, anyone claiming 'cooking and gardening' are insulting while wanting 'breeding and harvesting' (much less saying it is more appropriate) for Mother's Day is pretty hilarious, to put in nicely.

And that comment there is just plain insulting!!! Are you SERIOUSLY saying its hilarious that some people think a breeding and harvesting event over mothers day weekend is more appropriate than a gardening and cooking event.... Wow. This crap is getting screen shotted and spread on redit. I suggest everyone else do the same.

4 minutes ago, flamron said:

The one hit wonder strikes again. Come back when you have actual substance to provide...

Except that he's probably correct.  Most of my fellow Americans seem to have no idea that Mother's Day is celebrated year round in various countries... if at all.  I freely include myself in this when I say that "Entitlement" is indeed one of our most abundant natural resources.

9 minutes ago, flamron said:

Similar events happening frequently over the last several months doesn't constitute a promise to continue that pattern... or any sort of standardization.  As I have said many times before taking them for granted was, and still is, most unwise.  That brings us back around to the entitlement thing again I suppose.  Well, except on servers that are at tame cap... they've been pointing out that taming and breeding EVO events are useless to them for some time now.

8 minutes ago, Jerryn said:

I have to agree with this, and frankly I'm a little surprised that some of you seem to be oblivious to what the reaction would have been if WC had

1) Presented this as a Mother's Day event, and  

2) Had featured "Breeding" and "Taming" in said event.

The outrage would have been palpable.  So instead they have stayed strictly away from hosting a Mother's Day event, in fact calling it the Kings Harvest Event is about as far away from causing confusion about it being a Mother's Day event as possible.  And yet, still it happens.  

• Volunteer Moderator
2 minutes ago, Whipples said:

Wow, they are bringing out all you guys to fluff this one over.

Evo events have always been x2 taming and x2 harvest. I'm also very familiar with the past rates etc. I've been playing since PC launch. In fact, the wiki, twitter, all that stuff specifically designates evo events as x2 taming and x2 harvest. Jen made an announcement about the evo event last week.

And that comment there is just plain insulting!!! Are you SERIOUSLY saying its hilarious that some people think a breeding and harvesting event over mothers day weekend is more appropriate than a gardening and cooking event.... Wow. This crap is getting screen shotted and spread on redit. I suggest everyone else do the same.

I have been playing since summer of 2015.   Evo was most definitely not always here.  And, servers are already on 2X Evo compared to what they used to be.

As for the other, I clearly stated I thought it was hilarious(I was being polite in the my choice of words).  Please feel free to copy and post it at your discretion.

11 minutes ago, Ranger1 said:

Except that he's probably correct.  Most of my fellow Americans seem to have no idea that Mother's Day is celebrated year round in various countries... if at all.  I freely include myself in this when I say that "Entitlement" is indeed one of our most abundant natural resources.

So what you're saying is that Americans feel that they are entitled? How insulting. 

• Volunteer Moderator
8 minutes ago, Ranger1 said:

The outrage would have been palpable.  So instead they have stayed strictly away from hosting a Mother's Day event, in fact calling it the Kings Harvest Event is about as far away from causing confusion about it being a Mother's Day event as possible.  And yet, still it happens.  

Of course, this entire trying to tie the Kings Harvest Event to Mother's Day is just a logical fallacy, and one that is truly pointless.

Guest DJRone89
5 minutes ago, Rotix said:

So what you're saying is that Americans feel that they are entitled? How insulting. 

I’m an American born abroad. Entitled is an understatement in the land of the free and greatest country in the world.

Archived