How are we feeling about the new kings harvest event?

Jomo2210

17 hours ago, Jomo2210 said:

Hey all, I’m just curious about your guys opinion on this new Kings harvest event. I like the twist but I was hoping it would be more useful. Is crops really gonna be that impactful at 3 times? Also, what does the food 1.5 buff mean and how will it impact your weekend. Let me know what y’all think. I’m super curious :) 

Because it's the event the ARK deserves, but not the one it needs right now.

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cool they are trying something different but not surprising the community is just crying foul.  I would be fine with them eliminating evo events all together, maybe then all the entitled whiners would leave for the greener pastures of private servers.  Ill be playing normally but will remake my custom recipes even more effective than before.  To everyone saying farming isnt that hard to begin with neither is taming or harvesting your just so accustomed to the 2x that you have gotten lazy and complacent, thats all.  And until they find some solution to the servers being tame capped there is no need whatsoever for breeding events period, quit being selfish.

So the 2nd weekend in a row we don't get 2x taming and 2x XP? Instead we get this crap? Only 1.5x harvesting? Why not 2x?

2x taming and 2x harvesting is what most people want and that every goddamn weekend. It's when most people have much time to play. 

Would I get warned or banned for saying the f-word to Wildcard? Because I feel like that's very appropriate now.

12 minutes ago, AdligerAdler said:

So the 2nd weekend in a row we don't get 2x taming and 2x XP? Instead we get this crap? Only 1.5x harvesting? Why not 2x?

2x taming and 2x harvesting is what most people want and that every goddamn weekend. It's when most people have much time to play. 

Would I get warned or banned for saying the f-word to Wildcard? Because I feel like that's very appropriate now.

No it just censors it, look: 

raptor that!

3 hours ago, AzDaemon said:

So......does that mean that veggie cakes will heal more? Because, if so, that is gonna seriously make for some hell raids lol

Who told you that? That is bs. Read the Kings Harvest carefully.

3 hours ago, Silentness said:

Can't please everyone with these events, although a lack of any tame bonus is disappointing atleast.

True, but this event.... really.

3 hours ago, thomes29 said:

I was so happy to see the x2 after ark let one event out. Now this ....... Really ark......

And i am still waiting for an Breeding event !!!

Missed out 3 months ago from the last event. When they'll release it probably not for a couple of months unless they stated it.

23 minutes ago, Wellnhoferia said:

Like if it was half of foot all crafting resources then that would be good like half resources for sweet cake or building stuff idk what wc is thinking I swear they don't rly think things through 

Only Customs.

12 minutes ago, AdligerAdler said:

No lol. it just get filtered unless you try to evade it, which might be against the terms and condition.

36 minutes ago, AdligerAdler said:

This. I don't care if we have an evo event every weekend, but the simple fact is, most people want 2x taming and 2x harvesting when there is an event. Most people i'm sure are employed or have other commitments, and thus the weekend is the best time to play. Some, may work a weekend bi weekly (like myself) or every once in a awhile and when these people do have time to play on the weekend, 2x taming and 2x harvesting is what they care about the most. This is due to how long it takes to tame certain dinosaurs, building your base and obtaining resources. That's why for those playing the role of white knights, defending WC, you see many people are upset with this event and rightfully so. Not everyone wants to play on unofficial because of a variety of reasons and for me personally, I don't want to join a server with an uncertainty of how long it will stay up. Who cares about crop growth when you have greenhouses, like others have said. This event is dumb plain and simple. If you wanted to mix it up, WC should keep taming and harvesting while adding other things in the mix. 

41 minutes ago, Vaculity said:

Who told you that? That is bs. Read the Kings Harvest carefully.

True, but this event.... really.

Missed out 3 months ago from the last event. When they'll release it probably not for a couple of months unless they stated it.

Only Customs.

No lol. it just get filtered unless you try to evade it, which might be against the terms and condition.

The CC? It says nothing about it in the CC.

Guest DJRone89

They made it very clear that they were over zealous with the frequency of past evo events even though they weren’t guaranteed.

At least you know in advance if you are getting an event because it will always be stated in that weeks community crunch.

You may not like where this is heading but at least experience the event before you bash it.

This is a new turning point for evo events so don’t expect the same old, as things will be getting mixed up from now on. Yes Wildcard have created this self entitlement from the player base but you need to except that the old ways are beginning to change.

I am glad they are changing things up.  Yes, 2x taming and harvest is nice, but really normal tame and harvest is not too bad.  When they started having the events every weekend too many players became dependent on it and made it too easy to maintain those bases full of dinos that will never set foot outside the walls.  Maybe when collectors actually have to grind to just keep them fed they will thin the herd a little and open space for others to tame.  Changing the evo events also lets people with different interests in the game get to explore and expand on those interests.  

12 minutes ago, AzDaemon said:

Just says "custom recipes" have a greater effect. I was remarking on whether or not veggie cakes would be categorized in the "custom recipe". Hence the purpose of a question. You know, to seek an answer you do not know?

'custom recipes' refers to a specific mechanic, not just anything that is cooked in a cooking pot. what that line most likely refers to is effectively an increase in your crafting skill when you make a custom recipe. so the bonus doesn't even technically effect the creation of custom foods from a recipe. it affects the creation of new recipes. 

Archived