How are we feeling about the new kings harvest event?

Jomo2210

Hey all, I’m just curious about your guys opinion on this new Kings harvest event. I like the twist but I was hoping it would be more useful. Is crops really gonna be that impactful at 3 times? Also, what does the food 1.5 buff mean and how will it impact your weekend. Let me know what y’all think. I’m super curious :) 

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Since it is Mother's Day weekend, it is only fitting that there would have been a breeding/maturation event. But sadly, since so many people complain.. saying boosted breeding is unfair, the ARK Devs decided to not do a breeding event. Instead, they chose to be as sexist as possible and do what boils down to a gardening event and a cooking event. Gardening and cooking on Mother's Day weekend. Someone didn't think this one through very well.

I missed the last event because of moving for a new job. I was looking forward to making my base bigger on 2x, oh wait.... 

GUYS, i like this game, but if this keeps happening I'm going back to other games sadly.

Its seemingly like they don't want us Taming, or building. I only have time to feed my dinos at normal rates, i don't even play anymore without 2x.

2 hours ago, justme23 said:

Since it is Mother's Day weekend, it is only fitting that there would have been a breeding/maturation event. But sadly, since so many people complain.. saying boosted breeding is unfair, the ARK Devs decided to not do a breeding event. Instead, they chose to be as sexist as possible and do what boils down to a gardening event and a cooking event. Gardening and cooking on Mother's Day weekend. Someone didn't think this one through very well

22 minutes ago, Cowgirl said:

I personally don't see the point in it. I mean what is a person going to do with 400 carrots? (actually, it will be more like 1,400 after the 3x growing)  Not many people do custom recipes so that one won't affect a lot of people. I LOVE the normal evo event though.

Well, they carrot live without the normal Evo event, thats for sure.

To me, it depends on if the 1.5x effectiveness affects existing recipes, OR if you can make entirely new recipes that will keep the 1.5x bonus afterwards. If it's the former, then its neglible for all but the big tribes, who tend to have the superfood recipes.

If its the latter... !##$, I've already used up my 2 mind-wipes for my character. This basically means that tribes with a dedicated 1400% crafter gets the equivalent of 2100% crafted recipes this week, over everyone else.

The harvest portion is going to be neglible - It's basically 1 hour for a full plot of crops compared to the normal ~4 hours in a green house. Might be able to pair that with the super-super foods to make a stamina superfood that gives your dinos 3-4k stamina, but eh.

Personally, I would have prefered the standard 2x taming above all this poop. Building is time consuming, but you really notice the lost time when babysitting Dimetrodons/Megalanias/ect for a full 2-3 hours, since if you leave them for even 20 seconds more then you should, they wake up.

5 hours ago, Cowgirl said:

I personally don't see the point in it. I mean what is a person going to do with 400 carrots? (actually, it will be more like 1,400 after the 3x growing)  Not many people do custom recipes so that one won't affect a lot of people. I LOVE the normal evo event though.

Gonna effect advanced tribes and tribes that focus on  kibble taming.....I’m sure y’all understand the devs don’t just cater to beach bobs 

1 hour ago, Lucid2616 said:

Gonna effect advanced tribes and tribes that focus on  kibble taming.....I’m sure y’all understand the devs don’t just cater to beach bobs 

I have a kibble farm and almost exclusively tame with kibble, I do just fine with 4 of each crop plot in my little double high greenhouse. I still don't have use for 1,400 carrots, and a lot of my friends who also don't get the point of this event are also kibble taming big tribes.

2 hours ago, Rotix said:

Keep 2x taming and 2x harvesting as the usual event. Then add your stupid crop growth and cooking effectiveness for the “mixing up events” stupidity. 

Better idea. Double the standard rates i.e. make the evo event rates the standard rates and do away with the regular evo events. Replace them with much rarer events but make them last longer, lets say a week and make them more varied. Make the events a special event and not the norm is what I am trying to say. Let people play the game when they want to play it and not when WC decide to stick a random 2 day event on.

Maybe occasionally do the standard old evo events rates but not every event, but would be interested to see different rate increases. Maybe like increases in loot quality drops or something of the like. Must agree that the harvest one seems a bit odd but nice to see some variety to the events. 

Guest DJRone89
34 minutes ago, SinWeaver said:

Does the custom recipe mean we can make better recipes or that the food we make from the recipes will be better ?

Just the food. Just means you will require 50% less ingredients for new recipes because it’s not retroactive.

51 minutes ago, AngrySaltire said:

Better idea. Double the standard rates i.e. make the evo event rates the standard rates and do away with the regular evo events. Replace them with much rarer events but make them last longer, lets say a week and make them more varied. Make the events a special event and not the norm is what I am trying to say. Let people play the game when they want to play it and not when WC decide to stick a random 2 day event on.

Maybe occasionally do the standard old evo events rates but not every event, but would be interested to see different rate increases. Maybe like increases in loot quality drops or something of the like. Must agree that the harvest one seems a bit odd but nice to see some variety to the events. 

If they made the evo rates for 2x taming and harvesting the new standard, then that would be awesome, while making evo events happen less often. I like this idea. 

Archived