Community Crunch 130: New Beginner Servers & More!

Jen

4 hours ago, NotEasilyImpressed said:

Wow. 

The event is idiotic, but to be so easily offended by a cooking boost just because it coincides with Americas mummy's day, wow. Get a freaking grip already, If you're so offended by this I dread to think how a real life offensive situation aggrieves you!

You are totally turning this whole thing into something its not about.

The only people who care about American Mothers day are the Americans, and Ark doesn't just cater to the Americans, that would be bad business.

That's why only 4 International Holidays are catered for EVENTS on ARK. Because they are on the SAME day for 100% of the community whether you celebrate or believe in them or not, it's a fact.

I completely disagree with what WC have done with this event, but what you're being is just TOXIC.

I didn't say I was offended. You should read the post. Many are complaining. I was only saying if this was on the UK's mothers day the women of the UK would be complaining as the women of the US are now. I understand that it wasn't intended to be a mothers day event but the timing is absolutely atrocious. As for being toxic, one would have to value your opinion of them to be bothered by your words. 

Edited by Adyra78
  • Facepalm 1

What is with the giant stick up people's vent pipes?  Why not just look at each event as something fun and different to be enjoyed when they happen?  People complain about having events, people complain about not having events, now people complain about different events.  What is with all the angry entitled nonsense..  If you want certain rates and stuff go play on an unofficial that has them all the time.

Personally, I think it is cool that WC is mixing it up and doing events here and there to make it more interesting.  If you don't like how they do them go find unofficial servers more to your liking like everyone else has always done since EA.  Good grief.

On 5/7/2018 at 10:50 PM, TedyBearOfDeath said:

You dont like official rates or dont have time for them don't play on official. You have thousands of options other than official, its your choice to play with those settings.

Xbox not to many options. But you seem to know a lot so tell me other options on Xbox. That don’t require single player or own server. 

4 hours ago, Joylessbeast said:

What are you trying to tell your customers? We ignore you - please stop playing - the servers are full and we made our money?

Just keep it with 2xtaming and harvesting (what most of you customers want) and if you think you may add these ridiculous cooking/crop growth/jerboa spawn rate/water jar drops/phiomia pooping rates etc

I suppose these ideas come from a team or a manager who nearly don't play ark but are saying "we need something new, we must keep people playing ark", but no, you do the opposite! ;)

"Never change a winning team"!

1 hour ago, Blackmage2015 said:

Xbox not to many options. But you seem to know a lot so tell me other options on Xbox. That don’t require single player or own server. 

I play on Xbox and am talking about all platforms. 

Theres over 11k unofficial Nitrado servers on Xbox compared to the 3k official servers. All with varying settings and gametypes. These are real servers rented from the same provider as official. So if you dont want to waste your time on official check out the server advertisement forum for xbox where people advertise what settings they run or just look for a random open session through the "unofficial pc sessions" filter in the in game server list and hope to get lucky.

After a few long house of thought on the toilet.. I've come to a solution to fix problem of servers hitting tame limit and to help reduce the stress on the server caused by bases with 400+ creatures just sitting around.

Add lifespans to creatures.  By having older creatures die of "old age" you can remove at least 1/2 the tames that have been sitting around for months in a base.  Forcing players to breed or tame new creatures. And keeping someone from storing creatures in a base just to log in to feed them.  Realistically a tribe in the wild trying to survive wont keep 350 creatures alive when They could use those resources on other things.

I'm not talking about a 2 month rex, something more like 6 months?  While the max age of dinosaurs is still under investigation that cant keep Devs from making an educated guess on the lifespan of a compy or raptor.

Personally I've stopped playing ARK due to the inability to do anything do to space and tame limit filling up fast. 

This is crippling the people who can't get on 24/7, those people who work all the time are the ones who've supported you the most because we actually make a living! and now you are punishing us like this.... It's getting beyond ridiculous. Are you guys trying to lose support? because this is how you do it. I've been apart of ark since the beginning on two platforms early access... and just don't feel like its been worth it just because of your inconsistency. you start a routine, then break it about the 3rd time around, do something totally off kilter and expect people to say thanks, may I have some more.. Come on guys, Support the working community a little bit! You've ruined a TON of planning made by the tribe this weekend that extended out for the next two weeks leading to boss fights. Killing me :(

• Volunteer Moderator
5 minutes ago, BeardGamez said:

This is crippling the people who can't get on 24/7, those people who work all the time are the ones who've supported you the most because we actually make a living!

What nonsense. What does making a living have anything to do with supporting the game, and why would someone that works all the time be seen as supporting the game more than someone that doesn't necessarily work all the time?

6 minutes ago, GP said:

What nonsense. What does making a living have anything to do with supporting the game, and why would someone that works all the time be seen as supporting the game more than someone that doesn't necessarily work all the time?

I think for once we might agree on something GP. LoL - that is silliness. 

7 minutes ago, GP said:

Okay obviously the wording could have been better in terms of 24/7 working, but you still don't see the issue.. People who work, earned money for the game, and bought it to spend the precious time they have in game... And when WC does stuff like this it punishes the people who work, who cant be online all the time no life'n it. Its people who hold a job and can't get on nonstop that truly help WC, where do you think all the money they get comes from? all the Donations they receive when they do special events, Twitch income, ect. I like the bonus to cooking, the harvesting is fine, but the issue is the standard rate on breeding for so long, its fine if its every other weekend, or even once a month, I take issue with the fact that they constantly start a cycle only to break it once people are used to it.