Jen

Community Crunch 130: New Beginner Servers & More!

The new servers are brilliant ideas. Though I am a vet and don't personally need them, I think its great for any beginning player to learn the game mechanics on such a server. And to top it all off, it teaches you to travel to another server to progress. Might as well call them tutorial servers.

But the event... that really screws it up. Would have been much better to just come out and say it that you no longer want to do events. First off, from a PR standpoint, you really screwed it up with it coinciding with Mother's Day. Intentional or not, it was a mistake. Worst is not to give 2x taming. I get that breeding 2x is out of discussion, due to the whole server cap issue. Taming could be viewed in the same way, but there's one difference. Taming 2x does one thing great: it allows to tame creatures with mutton very close to kibble levels. This means a lot of players are very happy to trade off a few levels so that they don't have to build massive kibble farms. I am one of them. I don't have 10 of each dinos, just so that i can kibble tame anything under the sun. Anything that's just an utility dino, I use mutton. Now the difference between 1x and 2x mutton taming is HUGE. So not giving 2x taming basically cancels all the great work you did by introducing mutton...

should i go and ruin the experience for beginners? i definitely should. be lvl 44 in under 30min :D. and you think you can stop me from riding a giga? i laugh at you. i doubt you did any nerfs to fishing. plus cannon ball taming monsters like titan and golem. things are far from "vanilla" when there are OP creatures that dont need a saddle, like griffin and wyvern. i wanna see nooblets run away from my squad xD. btw, highest explosive is grenade which does 237 dmg to metal so will require 43 to take down 1 metal wall. metal may be engram limited for lvl 45 but that doesnt necessarily mean wc have removed it from blue drops, which are lvl 25. fabricator from lvl 35 purple drops. demolish oil pumps for electronics...you havent thought this through at all.

40 minutes ago, iDankEngine said:

He means the usual evolution is 2x not 1.5x, The only thing I'm mad about is that there is still not 2x taming. 

Wildcard is going to continue to tweak the EVO events to ensure more people are forced to unofficial. It’s financially beneficial from many angles - less official servers, lower customer service needs, etc. 

Hahaha ark ist dead..stupid poop ...i m a huge Fan..Gut wildcard destroys the game eint stupid promises..s+ for consoles ,New map in summer ...blablabla..promises ..promises but nothing came.

Your success was more with survival of the fittest.. But nooo..stupid new servers that nobody wants..beginner servers? So many new players,huh? :D

36 minutes ago, JayWinter said:

REEEEEE I can't find where to buy the Superfan Collectors edition on playark.com!!! The merch store isnt even open!!! Pls halp i want to buy it!

On the very front page of playark.com it shows the Super Fan edition between Season Pass and Explorers edition. It has an add to cart button underneath it.

1 minute ago, GP said:

On the very front page of playark.com it shows the Super Fan edition between Season Pass and Explorers edition. It has an add to cart button underneath it.

Yea i found it. I was clicking the Ark: Survival Evolved page and the merch one. I've already ordered thanks!

So I'm not going to complain about the EVO event because I'm not a whining baby like some folks but I am a little confused by the 1.5 cooking effectivemess.  Is cooking effectiveness and crafting the effectivemess the same thing?  I've never heard of them being seperate before so hoping to get some clarity on this one.

9 minutes ago, Melcreif said:

So I'm not going to complain about the EVO event because I'm not a whining baby like some folks but I am a little confused by the 1.5 cooking effectivemess.  Is cooking effectiveness and crafting the effectivemess the same thing?  I've never heard of them being seperate before so hoping to get some clarity on this one.

Stop whining about being confused ;)