Community Crunch 130: New Beginner Servers & More!

Jen

• Volunteer Moderator
Just now, BeardGamez said:

Its people who hold a job and can't get on nonstop that truly help WC, where do you think all the money they get comes from? all the Donations they receive when they do special events, Twitch income, ect.

I completely understand your concern around the King's Harvest Event, but you are throwing in an argument that makes no sense whatsoever.

Whether someone has a job or not has no impact on how much they support or help Wildcard. They still have to buy the game to play it. Therefore everyone that is playing the game has generally supported Wildcard through paying for the game, regardless of where that money has come from. Those that have more time to play do not necessarily support the development more than those that don't have time, but to say that those that work full time and don't have the time to play are supporting the game more? How is any of this making sense?

2 hours ago, GP said:

I completely understand your concern around the King's Harvest Event, but you are throwing in an argument that makes no sense whatsoever.

Whether someone has a job or not has no impact on how much they support or help Wildcard. They still have to buy the game to play it. Therefore everyone that is playing the game has generally supported Wildcard through paying for the game, regardless of where that money has come from. Those that have more time to play do not necessarily support the development more than those that don't have time, but to say that those that work full time and don't have the time to play are supporting the game more? How is any of this making sense?

Its not an argument that makes no sense, its an argument you disagree with. There is a big difference.

I completely understand where that guy is coming from, and you should really consider that he may have a point. Its not about just about the revenue from existing means, but attracting new players and growing. Players who don't necessarily have as much time to invest are at a significant disadvantage in this game. The x2 taming really goes a long way to help those people feel less disadvantaged and put them on equal footing. To just brush those people off is insulting to a very large chunk of the player base. You are a volunteer moderator. You should know better and hold yourself to a higher standard.... Reported.

• Volunteer Moderator
Just now, Whipples said:

Its not an argument that makes no sense, its an argument you disagree with. There is a big difference.

I completely understand where that guy is coming from, and you should really consider that he may have a point. Its not about just about the revenue from existing means, but attracting new players and growing. Players who don't necessarily have as much time to invest are at a significant disadvantage in this game. The x2 taming really goes a long way to help those people feel less disadvantaged and put them on equal footing. To just brush those people off is insulting to a very large chunk of the player base. You are a volunteer moderator. You should know better and hold yourself to a higher standard.... Reported.

I already said I understand the disappointment about the event, and I fully understand that those that don't have the time to invest, such as due to work full time etc are at a disadvantage, I have never said otherwise. That is not what was being discussed. If you read it again I was discussing his point where he states, and I quote:

Its people who hold a job and can't get on nonstop that truly help WC, where do you think all the money they get comes from?

47 minutes ago, GP said:

I already said I understand the disappointment about the event, and I fully understand that those that don't have the time to invest, such as due to work full time etc are at a disadvantage, I have never said otherwise. That is not what was being discussed. If you read it again I was discussing his point where he states, and I quote:

Trying this again. Following all proper channels, and code of conduct.

I understand that you read his comment to mean that people who work are either better or somehow more entitled than others with more free time. I do not see it that way. I work and choose to spend most of the free time I have enjoying this game. I have purchased a total of 5 copies for friends and family. I don't see Beardgamez post as saying quite what you think it is. I see it as a guy who has limited time expressing his frustrations, of which I share some of. This game is a major time sink and for those of us with work/family obligations we know we are at significant disadvantage compared to those with more free time. WC seemed to address and cater to this with the weekend events reducing taming time and increasing harvesting. What they are doing now is a step in the opposite direction. My wife and I were looking forward to a mothers day weekend of of x2 taming after we heard an evolution event was happening on May 11th. But this event is a big slap in the face. Not only will we not get to tame the things we planned because of increased kibble and time requirements (beyond what was expected with the announced evolution event), but my wife gets to enjoy a "Kings" mothers day harvest that's designed to encourage cooking....

Those with less time, for whatever reason, are important to and far more numerous. As such, due to our shear numbers, we contribute more to WC than the few who can afford the 24/7 investment the poster was referring to. Please consider that and maybe rethink your opinion of him and the issue.

On 08/05/2018 at 2:23 AM, pkurzawski said:
On 08/05/2018 at 2:21 AM, Blackmage2015 said:
Can we also get 2x maturation for those of us who work 7 days a week. Or better yet freeze the babies when we aren’t online. Or even sell the v day chocolates in the store. 

Two words: Server cap.

If there are player limits and Dino limits then by would there need to be server caps? 

KING's harvest???  During Mother's Day...?  Maturation bonus would make perfect sense....  No event whatsoever would be decent (maybe without event, players would spend time with their Mothers IRL), but KING's harvest???

Perhaps King's harvest should be during the Harvest Moon...  (Autumnal Equinox)

Edited by o0ShaiHulud0oo
clarification of terms

21 hours ago, TedyBearOfDeath said:

I play on Xbox and am talking about all platforms. 

Theres over 11k unofficial Nitrado servers on Xbox compared to the 3k official servers. All with varying settings and gametypes. These are real servers rented from the same provider as official. So if you dont want to waste your time on official check out the server advertisement forum for xbox where people advertise what settings they run or just look for a random open session through the "unofficial pc sessions" filter in the in game server list and hope to get lucky.

Thank you for the information. Now I need to look into unofficial servers. 

The level of entitlement in these replies is amazing.  Addressing some points here.

1. Evolution Events have never been guaranteed to give what you want from them. 
  2. Their trying new things and if you want to raise herbivores this weekend then this will be a great time with 3x as many crops growing those fridges will be full in no time.
  3. Breeding Events are announced to be RARE with them happening for special occasions 3-4 times per year MAX.  Crying about it isn't a special occasion, players crying is a daily thing.

If you don't like this evo event then pretend like there isn't one.  I think it's sort of lame but they get an A for effort.  Maybe next weekend will be something else, or a 3x event could happen soon again.  Honestly folks, if you need a breeding event to have fun, maybe what you want is an unofficial server with higher rates.

PS: I remember when we had the original rates that were 1/2 current rates.  And if anyone at wildcard does read this, consider the next event (or maybe this one) to triple egg rates on dinos to match the veggies, that would shut a whole lot of people right up about it.

Why is wild card so carless for it community we worked hard to all form this community and they dont give a horses ass about what we want no one wants 3 times crops almost no one touches their own crops so why 3 times serious just give us what we want 2 times breeding 2 times gathering 2 times exp not this 3 times crops bull or this 1.5x harverst it sould have just stayed at two times gathering like in lagacy they really mad this game a pain to play since they nerfed everything possible to render game play less and less pleasent

On 5/8/2018 at 6:16 PM, BoboOfTheFriendlies said:

What is with the giant stick up people's vent pipes?  Why not just look at each event as something fun and different to be enjoyed when they happen?  People complain about having events, people complain about not having events, now people complain about different events.  What is with all the angry entitled nonsense..  If you want certain rates and stuff go play on an unofficial that has them all the time.

Personally, I think it is cool that WC is mixing it up and doing events here and there to make it more interesting.  If you don't like how they do them go find unofficial servers more to your liking like everyone else has always done since EA.  Good grief.

Its because Evo events are no longer events.  People expect them to happen as "business as usual" instead of it being an event, IE an additional thing that doesn't have to be done.  Don't get me wrong I love 2x gathering and stuff, but when WC does it every weekend people depend on it and so when they have to deal with normal rates, they QQ.
I personally think they need to up the current server rates a little, make that the standard and stop having the same evo event every weekend.  
Event should be things that happen outside of the normal, not the normal.  From my POV from what I have seen on the PvE servers I am on, the `standard` 2x event just makes it so people wait til the weekend, then everyone is competing for tames, getting their panties in a twist if someone else gets a tame they wanted (by means of coincidence, not swooping in and getting the last tranq shot), and the atmosphere just becomes toxic.

If 2x (for example) were the norm then they could do more of these odd ball evo events like, a crafting skill buff, loot drop increase, hell how about evo event where dinos (including flyers) all move 10% faster? (I know they would probably break the servers doing that).

1x harvesting and all the 1x levels are fine by me. the only thing i regret is that without 2x taming, i can't get perfect tames, even with kibble, you still loose levels. Not to mention on 1x, mutton loses much much more levels. tamed 2 griffons, 150, came out utter crap... but hey, there are worst things in life...

Edited by Steff