Community Crunch 130: New Beginner Servers & More!

Jen

1 minute ago, GP said:

I believe he means reducing the usual harvesting rate by .5x, i.e. the usual Evo 2x to 1.5x.

Ohhhhhh.... That makes sense! I thought maybe he read it too quickly or something, haha. 

I guess the thought was to make farming more lucrative and harvesting from wild bushes less lucrative, being a harvest theme and all. 

• Volunteer Moderator

What people don't seem to realise is that this is just one Evo event. There's nothing to say that next weekend won't go back to the normal one, or there will be a new better Evo event. Just because this Evo event is very different and many people may not like it doesn't mean it is the end of the world, it is one weekend.

5 minutes ago, RealJRE10 said:

@Jen Creo que un proyecto muy bueno seria crear un nuevo cluster de servers, por lo menos 3 mapas de cada uno, con los mismas configuraciones de los servidores oficiales, máximo 5 miembros por tribu, 1 ó 2 alianzas máximo, como son menos jugadores mas puntos de engramas. Creo que la mayor cantidad de usuarios jugarían de este modo ya que por no contar con una tribu numerosa prefieren irse a no oficiales.

Google Translate:

@Jen I think a very good project would be to create a new cluster of servers, at least 3 maps of each, with the same configurations of the official servers, maximum 5 members per tribe, 1 or 2 maximum alliances, as there are fewer players more points of engrams. I think the largest number of users would play in this way because they do not have a large tribe, they prefer to go unofficial.

This is something I have suggested also! I currently play on a private unofficial with only a couple other people. I haven't experienced enough of ARK and haven't even touched Scorched Earth or Aberration at all yet. I played some official solo, just exploring and learning the game at my own pace, enjoying that... Until it became clear that the big tribes will drive off anyone not in their tribe because they want as many slots on the server to be "theirs" as possible, due to server hopping and cross server raids. So I went to single player to continue enjoying exploring and learning ARK at my own pace, and then started over again on the private server with a buddy. 

Official servers geared towards players who don't want to be in a 50+ member tribe/alliance would be a good thing! 

2 minutes ago, GP said:

What people don't seem to realise is that this is just one Evo event. There's nothing to say that next weekend won't go back to the normal one, or there will be a new better Evo event. Just because this Evo event is very different and many people may not like it doesn't mean it is the end of the world, it is one weekend.

Exactly. So much negativity towards the devs over such trivial things. And apparently they "are killing their own game"... Funny... I only just started really playing it about 6 months ago... You know, when it actually released as a game... Lol 

I have been enjoying it a ton. Of course, I'm on a small unofficial server with S+, with only 2 buddies and no one else on it, so my experience is different than many others I'm sure. I started on official playing solo to explore and learn the game, then wanted to actually be able to have something last more than 24 hours without a tribe wiping it, so I went to single player to continue exploring things at my own pace, then the unofficial. Maybe one day I'll go looking for the big tribe experience on an official server, but not yet. 

bruh this...event isn't appropriate man

shouldn't have the cooking efficiency thing. harvesting and crop growth is great. cooking...nah man it should change to something else like boost for female characters (not sure if this can be done)

maybe a boost for male characters on fathers day weekend

boost for bred dino on children's day? :D

• Volunteer Moderator
7 minutes ago, HiImZech said:

bruh this...event isn't appropriate man

shouldn't have the cooking efficiency thing. harvesting and crop growth is great. cooking...nah man it should change to something else like boost for female characters (not sure if this can be done)

maybe a boost for male characters on fathers day weekend

boost for bred dino on children's day? :D

Again, these events shouldn't really be tied to RL events that happen at varying times throughout the globe.

Everyone's saying we should have breeding etc for Mother's Day, now whilst I understand where people are coming from you have to consider this:

Mother's Day: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mother's_Day

Father's Day: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Father's_Day

Children's Day: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Children's_Day

Which day do you pick? Which month do you pick? If you stick to only US calendar events you get everyone else complaining. Everyone looks at this from their own point of view. People say well it's Mother's Day at the weekend, well it's not in the UK. People didn't care about UK Mother's Day in March.

I honestly think, my own opinion here, that Evo events should stop entirely, because it has created such a horrible atmosphere whenever events are announced or skipped. It is in all honesty no longer a bonus event because of the way it is treated by the community. Yes Wildcard created this situation by starting the Evo events in the first place, but the community has spat in their faces every single weekend for the past year because of these events and the way people expect to get breeding etc each and every week.

The South American community begs for the launch of SA servers in the new cluster. Please, we're asking this for months. Argentines, Chileans, Brazilians, Uruguayans ... we ask that the WC help us in this.

We only have 4 SA servers ... two PVEs (504 and 505) and two PVPs (501 and 502) but these servers are Legacys.

43 minutes ago, GP said:

Or they’ll do away with them completely to lower strain and population on servers that already struggle with no event anyways. 

18 minutes ago, GP said:

Again, these events shouldn't really be tied to RL events that happen at varying times throughout the globe.

Everyone's saying we should have breeding etc for Mother's Day, now whilst I understand where people are coming from you have to consider this:

Mother's Day: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mother's_Day

Father's Day: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Father's_Day

Children's Day: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Children's_Day

Which day do you pick? Which month do you pick? If you stick to only US calendar events you get everyone else complaining. Everyone looks at this from their own point of view. People say well it's Mother's Day at the weekend, well it's not in the UK. People didn't care about UK Mother's Day in March.

I honestly think, my own opinion here, that Evo events should stop entirely, because it has created such a horrible atmosphere whenever events are announced or skipped. It is in all honesty no longer a bonus event because of the way it is treated by the community. Yes Wildcard created this situation by starting the Evo events in the first place, but the community has spat in their faces every single weekend for the past year because of these events and the way people expect to get breeding etc each and every week.

Yet they host valentines, Easter, Halloween, and Christmas. Where is my Ramadan holiday!  What about Earth day?  Summer solstice?  

Cant pick and choose. I’m not saying a Mother’s Day event was appropriate. But coinciding cooking with the same weekend when you’ve never done anything like that before is in poor taste - perceived or real. 

• Volunteer Moderator
Just now, flamron said:

Yet they host valentines, Easter, Halloween, and Christmas. Where is my Ramadan holiday!  What about Earth day?  Summer solstice?  

Cant pick and choose. I’m not saying a Mother’s Day event was appropriate. But coinciding cooking with the same weekend when you’ve never done anything like that before is in poor taste - perceived or real. 

You are missing the point entirely.

The events you listed are mainly (not in all countries) celebrated on the same day. Yes there are some that don't celebrate them or may have them on different dates, but the majority are celebrated on the same dates. Mother's Day etc as I stated already is spread across the whole year across the globe. It's not a case of celebrating different events, it would be a case of celebrating every event on every occurrence. There has to be limits, and if Wildcard want to chose to mark an event in their game then that is up to them.

If they wanted to start a new variety of Evo event this weekend and it unfortunately coincides with Mother's Day that is life, but not everything is about Mother's Day next weekend, and to be honest people shouldn't sit glued to their games on Mother's Day anyway.

Kings Harvest?????This really doesn't do any appreciable good for about 80% of the community. It doesn't give my tribes tames back from the grieving merc that TEA hired to wipe us off a server. It doesn't give back the countless hours of grinding just to have it taken away in one fell swoop. Kings Harvest? more like "Kings Big Healthy Dump on the Community"

What bright spark came up with the absolute utter nonsense of this Kings Harvest evo event? Are we really needing veggies on Ark now? Not only do you reduce our weekends because "evo events were never intended to be every weekend" you replace what we love and expect with this bs, keep this up and you're gonna lose more players then you gain. 

Kudos:

New Player servers: Thumbs up

Fresh Servers: Thumbs up

Kings Harvest Event: Are you our of your freakin mind wildacrd?

18 hours ago, WilliamMichell said:

It's not Mothers Day all around the world people, I don't think they are aiming the event only at the US...

That may be and no offence may have been intended to mothers of the USA but there has obviously been some after reading these posts. Had they done this on any other countries mothers day weekend, that specific countries moms  would too be offended. I understand they are trying something new and am thankful for it. 

Edited by Adyra78

3 minutes ago, Adyra78 said:

That may be and no offence may have been intended but had they done this on any other countries mothers day weekend, that specific countries moms  would too be offended.  Yes the mothers of the USA are complaining. 

Wow. 

The event is idiotic, but to be so easily offended by a cooking boost just because it coincides with Americas mummy's day, wow. Get a freaking grip already, If you're so offended by this I dread to think how a real life offensive situation aggrieves you!

You are totally turning this whole thing into something its not about.

The only people who care about American Mothers day are the Americans, and Ark doesn't just cater to the Americans, that would be bad business.

That's why only 4 International Holidays are catered for EVENTS on ARK. Because they are on the SAME day for 100% of the community whether you celebrate or believe in them or not, it's a fact.

I completely disagree with what WC have done with this event, but what you're being is just TOXIC.

Friends, please calm down, we are not entitled to these events: They are a gift. It is a wonderful thing to get a boost to crops for those of us who do not yet own a greenhouse, and I really think that events with different "boosts" is a brilliant idea, rather than dishing out the same breeding/taming boosts over and over. It makes it incredibly interesting to see which values will get a "boost" every time there is an EVO event. Take this weekend to grow some more crops, try out a few recipes you have not used in a while, and hang out with your dinosaurs.

Seriously. For those of us who work all week look forward to the weekend and this is what we have waited for after no event last week. I've been playing ark since December and in that time there has been only 2 maturation events so the only thing I can raise at weekends and get full imprint are Pteranaodons!! 

On another point. Spinos!!! Why do they never respawn back in along with Megalanias. Oh because you need them so you make them non existant. Seriously loosing the will with the game!!! 

First you disappear my MC rex saddle. Still waiting on a reply from thst. But i logged on here just to tell you thst youre stsrving out your employed players. Me and most of my friends work so much that we dont tame unless its a 2x. This being a multiple week dry spell ror that has pushed myself and my friends into purchasing lther games to play in the mean time. You should really consider who you hurt by changing somewhat of a staple for MOST players in your game. 

This won't work if one player dumps foundations all over the maps stopping other players from building anywhere as in the pve server's I play on like one person has covered majority of arberration map in foundations to stop other players building anywhere it's just so stupid, not that the devs would actually do anything about it