Community Crunch 130: New Beginner Servers & More!

Jen

• Volunteer Moderator
21 minutes ago, DD214 said:

Hold the phone... so for mother’s day weekend, we’re getting the KINGS harvest? With increased RECIPE crafting.... FOR THE MOTHERS DAY EVENT?! This is a joke, right? Please tell me this isn’t real. I don’t even care about a breeding event. And I’m not some hardcore feminist either, but really, this is the a slap in the face to all the dedicated players out there who are Mother’s. They’re making a joke out of it. This is basically wildcard saying “get back to the kitchen and make some sandwiches”. I would have been 1000x better if they hadn’t even done an event at all. What a bunch of morons. Who the hell comes up with this crap?

There's nothing saying anything about the evo event being tied to Mother's day. Past events have actually bothered to make mention that they are connected to a holiday like easter, christmas, and halloween events of the past.  That said, community yearning for a breeding/maturation event doesn't paint this in a better light either, basically saying that moms are just good for making and raising kids. So if we take out all the non "mom friendly" boosts all you're left with is 2x exp and 2x taming, which doesn't line up with them trying to change up evo events since those have pretty much been the things that get activated in basically every single one.

• Like 1

• Volunteer Moderator

The Kings Harvest Event I believe has different settings because it's an opportunity to try out some new ideas and see how well it goes down, or not so well if that is the case. They have said for a long time, and also very recently that they are going to mix it up a bit and try out some different Evo Events, and this is most likely just the start of it. This is your opportunity to give feedback on how well, or not so well the settings went down during the event. Of course the complaining about it before the event is to be expected, but it's better to give your actual feedback after the event.

The Mother's Day complaints I think is flawed, because who complained on 11th March during UK Mother's Day that there was no Maturation event? Hardly anyone I believe. Who complained 21st March in Egypt, who complained on 6th May in Spain? There are so many different Mother's Day events that if you give it to one you give it to all.

• Like 1

The shipping cost for the special edition is still crazy expensive, to ship here in the uk the CHEAPEST shipping option is $52.74! That's almost £40!

Will it ever become available in the uk so we don't have to pay shipping costs that are so high or once you've sold out of what you have now is that it all finished with?

I'd much rather support the devs and buy from their site but at the moment I'm cheaper buying from people on ebay who are reselling for more than what they bought it for.

12 hours ago, Jen said:

Our next Evolution Event will take place on the 11th of May at 1 PM EST until Monday the 14th at 3 PM EST.

King's Harvest!
1.5x Harvesting
3x Crop Growth
1.5x Custom Cooking Effectiveness

What the hell are we supposed to do with this? 

The only way this has a positive outcome is with the message:

This weekend we are doing something different in the Evolution Event! In preperation of reworking the whole kibble system we'll host x3 crop growth in this weekend's Event! Make sure to make all of your eggs into kibbles as we have more surprises coming soon! 

You're a community manager @Jen, you've been around long enough to know what will have an impact on the players and what not. Things that do have an impact and you know people will start about on the forum it might be a good idea to use some communication skills to bring the message in a positive way so that it is accepted. Maybe start caring a little more about the players who actually play the game :)

1 hour ago, GP said:

The Kings Harvest Event I believe has different settings because it's an opportunity to try out some new ideas and see how well it goes down, or not so well if that is the case. They have said for a long time, and also very recently that they are going to mix it up a bit and try out some different Evo Events, and this is most likely just the start of it. This is your opportunity to give feedback on how well, or not so well the settings went down during the event. Of course the complaining about it before the event is to be expected, but it's better to give your actual feedback after the event.

Yeah dat true gp, but lets be honest this wasn't the best Evo Event to start with. Start with one that will be fun 100% without impacting servers, for instance x2 damage output with x2 harvesting and x2 xp. Than you already have acceptance from the first event and the following events you'll get way better feedback. Now people are already disgusted so no matter what comes its not going to be good enough. Weak decision making by whoever that decision was honestly

8 minutes ago, ZeroSeconds said:

What the hell are we supposed to do with this? 

The only way this has a positive outcome is with the message:

This weekend we are doing something different in the Evolution Event! In preperation of reworking the whole kibble system we'll host x3 crop growth in this weekend's Event! Make sure to make all of your eggs into kibbles as we have more surprises coming soon! 

As you said already, they don't care. They won't revamp kibble system nor they come out with good ideas for evo events/holiday events. Look at the halloween event or the christmas deal - easter was nice cause of the colour variations but other than that its a big joke what WC is doing.

No 2x harvesting?  

This time I'm crying too, it will take me 4 hours+ to feed all bases on all servers, because last weekend I didn't feed properly, waiting for this weekends 2x. Which isn't happening.

Everyone is on holiday and it's no fun feeding all the additional dinos for them. And I want to go outside too :(

Now I'm really hoping for the next legacy wipe and savegame release. 

The new servers are brilliant ideas. Though I am a vet and don't personally need them, I think its great for any beginning player to learn the game mechanics on such a server. And to top it all off, it teaches you to travel to another server to progress. Might as well call them tutorial servers.

But the event... that really screws it up. Would have been much better to just come out and say it that you no longer want to do events. First off, from a PR standpoint, you really screwed it up with it coinciding with Mother's Day. Intentional or not, it was a mistake. Worst is not to give 2x taming. I get that breeding 2x is out of discussion, due to the whole server cap issue. Taming could be viewed in the same way, but there's one difference. Taming 2x does one thing great: it allows to tame creatures with mutton very close to kibble levels. This means a lot of players are very happy to trade off a few levels so that they don't have to build massive kibble farms. I am one of them. I don't have 10 of each dinos, just so that i can kibble tame anything under the sun. Anything that's just an utility dino, I use mutton. Now the difference between 1x and 2x mutton taming is HUGE. So not giving 2x taming basically cancels all the great work you did by introducing mutton...