Dragon bossfight (Alpha/Official setting)

Windsinger

Hi all,

Has anyone so far been able to do the Dragon arena boss with 2-3 players without using a deer tactics on official?
I have a few people that wanting to do it, but i'm just waiting for that tactic to be nerfed and we lose all our dino's where we invested a lot of time in.

So far every non-glitching way we've tried failed and gets mauled by the Enflamed debuff eventually (Sets the target on fire, burning away 20% of their max health over 10 seconds.) 

- I've tried various setups with herbivores as well with 6K hp (which last longer then any other dino's so far that i've tested).
- Rexes with 40K hp or rexes with 1500% dmg, none of that matters
- There is always a Yuty present, and tested as well with piggy's present in all cases.

It feels it's a boss you almost cannot do without either glitching (deer) or a lot of people (5+) which is fine for the bigger tribes.
Since there is no taunt mechanic, there is no real way of keeping him faced away from the main groups. (i've got 3 dps groups that i control to flank him from all sides).

Closest so far i was able to get him (Alpha dragon) solo was to ~30%

Suggestions are welcome. Please base in mind i'm after official settings.
i play on unofficial, but official is a benchmark for me i can work with.

We did this with 10 Riders, but the same outcome should be obtainable with 2-3 riders. Actually less chance of human error with fewer people doing whistle commands.

No exploits, No glitches, No advantages, Straight up battle as intended. OFFICIAL XBOX SERVER 212

Tactics:

Split your Theriz into two groups and have the two Theriz riders control each group separately.

We had one group of Theriz attacking at a time, 10 in each group. Each time Dragon flies away, we would swap them out. The group not in battle sat on OB Portal Pad.

Reason for two groups? If you crowd the Dragons feet, he flies away fast and often. 10 Theriz does not cause this. The Dragon only flew away two times on one of our fights by doing this. Dragon has HUGE hitbox. Also, two groups allow the one group to heal from the previous session while the other is in battle.

Have your Yutty rider pre-roar everyone while the timer is counting down to enter the arena. DO NOT Roar again until the Dragon has engaged your first group of Theriz. As soon as Dragon disengages, STOP roaring.

DO NOT go to the Dragon, Have him come to you. We staged down the left side of Arena, to the left of the OB Portal, We Never crossed the LAVA. Well, that was the plan as you will see in the video link.

IMPORTANT: Have your Theriz on Medium follow distance, High would even work. So the Theriz you are riding does not get stuck in the gaggle of others when you whistle group to follow you.

When flyers come out whistle one group to follow you and gather up, face each other to kill them. Again, DO not have them running all around trying to get them, have the flyers come to you. Practice your whistles for groups before going into battle, One of the OBs is a good place to practice, small area, the edge of OB area represents LAVA. FIgure out how to get your groups from one side to the other and back without one dropping off the side will help you lots. One Rider goes to his group of Theriz and the other to his to kill the flyers. Yutty can run around and dodge fireballs :)

You have plenty of time, do not rush, wait for the Dragon and Flyers to come to you, do not go after them.

Stats of Crew Used:

19 Theriz, 1 Yutty. Should have left the Yutty at home (it died).

15K health on Therizs and about 600-700 Melee. All first generation bred Theriz. 30 Veggie Cakes on Each Theriz

Videos of victory: 

The first run we lost a few Therizs due to whistle failures, our ally members not following instructions.

Second Run we lost a Yutty and one Theriz that got stuck in the lava.

Getting ready for battle: http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/PalenorBouclier/video/46743098

Toward the end of battle: http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/PalenorBouclier/video/46743218

End of Battle - Theriz stuck - Kill Shot: http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/PalenorBouclier/video/46743932

Screenshot from the first run of the day victory: http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/PalenorBouclier/screenshot/8513850

GOOD LUCK & HAVE FUN

We did this with 10 Riders, but the same outcome should be obtainable with 2-3 riders. Actually less chance of human error with fewer people doing whistle commands.
No exploits, No glitches, No advantages, Straight up battle as intended. OFFICIAL XBOX SERVER 212
Tactics:
Split your Theriz into two groups and have the two Theriz riders control each group separately.
We had one group of Theriz attacking at a time, 10 in each group. Each time Dragon flies away, we would swap them out. The group not in battle sat on OB Portal Pad.
Reason for two groups? If you crowd the Dragons feet, he flies away fast and often. 10 Theriz does not cause this. The Dragon only flew away two times on one of our fights by doing this. Dragon has HUGE hitbox. Also, two groups allow the one group to heal from the previous session while the other is in battle.
Have your Yutty rider pre-roar everyone while the timer is counting down to enter the arena. DO NOT Roar again until the Dragon has engaged your first group of Theriz. As soon as Dragon disengages, STOP roaring.
DO NOT go to the Dragon, Have him come to you. We staged down the left side of Arena, to the left of the OB Portal, We Never crossed the LAVA. Well, that was the plan as you will see in the video link.
IMPORTANT: Have your Theriz on Medium follow distance, High would even work. So the Theriz you are riding does not get stuck in the gaggle of others when you whistle group to follow you.
When flyers come out whistle one group to follow you and gather up, face each other to kill them. Again, DO not have them running all around trying to get them, have the flyers come to you. Practice your whistles for groups before going into battle, One of the OBs is a good place to practice, small area, the edge of OB area represents LAVA. FIgure out how to get your groups from one side to the other and back without one dropping off the side will help you lots. One Rider goes to his group of Theriz and the other to his to kill the flyers. Yutty can run around and dodge fireballs [emoji4]
You have plenty of time, do not rush, wait for the Dragon and Flyers to come to you, do not go after them.
Stats of Crew Used:

15K health on Therizs and about 600-700 Melee. All first generation bred Theriz. 30 Veggie Cakes on Each Theriz

Videos of victory: 

The first run we lost a few Therizs due to whistle failures, our ally members not following instructions.

Getting ready for battle: http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/PalenorBouclier/video/46743098

Toward the end of battle: http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/PalenorBouclier/video/46743218

End of Battle - Theriz stuck - Kill Shot: http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/PalenorBouclier/video/46743932

Screenshot from the first run of the day victory: http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/PalenorBouclier/screenshot/8513850

GOOD LUCK & HAVE FUN

Thank you so much for your clearly written explanation! Will defo try this!

9 hours ago, Palenor said:

Tactics:

When flyers come out whistle one group to follow you and gather up, face each other to kill them. Again, DO not have them running all around trying to get them, have the flyers come to you. Practice your whistles for groups before going into battle, One of the OBs is a good place to practice, small area, the edge of OB area represents LAVA. FIgure out how to get your groups from one side to the other and back without one dropping off the side will help you lots. One Rider goes to his group of Theriz and the other to his to kill the flyers. Yutty can run around and dodge fireballs :)

Stats of Crew Used:

Videos of victory: 

GOOD LUCK & HAVE FUN

Great post ?

A note - Ppl saying that they bring in Rexes with 40k health.. are really hurting themselves.

If you have 120 armor saddles, you are essentially taking a bit more then 20% reduced damage. Combine this with mate boosts (-30% damage) and Yuty (-20% damage), you are taking less then 5% damage from almost ALL of the direct damage! Thus, direct damage from the boss is neglible.

At 40k HP (What a poster mentioned), each Breath is dealing 800 damage a SECOND. Ouch! Note that Daedon's can heal for roughly 200 health/second - At 40k health, your Daedon can only heal .5% of the rexes health/second, which means that it takes 40 seconds for the Daedon to heal back up the damage. Grounded Dragon uses his breath a bit more often then 40 seconds! This results in your Rexes dying.

The best situation are dinos with 10k or less health, but 120 armor saddles. At 10k health,  the Daedon is capable of outhealing each firebreath. And since the Dragon is meleeing your 120 armor dinos for less then 50 damage/hit.. Well, after each breath, you just run your Daedon for around 14 seconds, and then turn off the passive healing.

So, yes. If you are bringing in a Daedon, LESS health is better, pump the points you would put into health into melee instead so you can get 1-1.2k melee Rexes on officals (Which, btw, compared to the 500-600% numbers I see ppl throw up, is double the damage output, so significantly less breaths)

19 hours ago, balistikas said:

40 k 1.5 M   dammm  legacy rigth ? :P

I've seen rexes that are not too far from that on noob servers already. 50k+ hps almost to 1k melee. No matter what they keep telling you the dinos on legacy and the noob servers are no different in the end, they just have to be bred in a different pattern now. That mutation limit they added that was supposed to keep the dinos weak is a joke, it does nothing.

Hello,

Redoing the dragon. I find that I am killed by Dimorphodon more than the Dragon:)

The fight is cheated with the fire damage since if victory creatures survive with 300-800 health left, a feather drop and they die.

Clearly bosses are now tuned for three sets of creatures, Megatherium, Rex and for dragon Therizinosaurus. But there is a limit to how difficult it can be I think.

Just my reflection on taking creatures to the dragon on Official. No way.

Regards,

Ariana 

Archived