Building suggestions

PROFE5SORX

What type of things   would add to arks building engrams

Wish list 

Outside corner for sloped roof 

Diagonal  pipe / electric  cable same as the incline but on the horizontal  instead of vertical  

Or better still would be a 

Flexible pipe/electric  cable could work in the same way as trip wire

Anyone have other ideas?

2 hours ago, Corrigan said:

They just need to incorporate S+ minus the terrain clipping and specific functionality of most items. That would be a huge compromise to the many building flaws with base game without mods. 

Im console so no fancy mods.. but ive been playing with clipping off for awhile now since officials, dont know how i could go back. 

Id also like them to standardize all heights of normal building pieces (i.e: verticle cables and staircases being different intervals of height) 

- diagonal foundations that can be snapped to regular ones (or enable snapping regular ones in a 45 degree angle)
- diagonal ceilings that can be snapped to regular ceilings or foundations (same as foundations)
- diagonal walls, windowframes + windows, doorframes + doors, railings, fence foundations, sloped ceilings (obsolete if regular foundations and ceilings snap at 45°)
- snap point of pillars can be toggled to place them either midway in a ceiling, with part of it sticking out on top or completely under the ceiling (to avoid the method we have now)
- inner and outer corners for sloped roofs
- upside down sloped walls
- stone ramps
- railings for sloped ceilings (and maybe ramps too)
- rotateable sloped ceilings (so you can snap them to a wall like a ramp) with regular ceiling properties (able to connect them in any direction and build walls down from them)
- spiral staircase that faces the other direction in addition to the one we already have, also 1 wall high ones that can be connected to regular ones
- straight stairs (like ramps, but with steps)
- adjust length of ramps to be EXACTLY 1.5 walls high (so there is no gap when building a 3 or 6 walls high ramp) or make them exactly one wall high
- also adjust length of cables and water pipes (1 foundation / 1 wall / 1 sloped ceiling in length)
- decorative plants (or new models for berries, like fern, shubs) / plantable trees
- stronger glass structures (higher cost to make but somewhere in between wood and stone)
- MEDIUM SIZED GATES! (somewhere in between dino and behe gates, 4 foundations wide and 6 or 8 walls high that can fit anything but huge tames like bronto, diplo, giga, golem, reaper, mosa, plesio and maybe paracer if only 6 high - behe gates are just way TOO huge in most cases)
- NO OBSTRUCTION when structures collide with terrain (so you can place walls to the ground or partway into rocks etc without an ugly gap or complicated workaround with fence foundations or pillars/gates, you can place foundations or ceilings if part of them sticks into terrain - as long as a certain %age is still outside terrain)

I probably forgot some :P

Oh, a cooldown function for the demolish funstion would be great. Anything placed can be demolished with full returns provided it is demolished within a certain timeframe (say 1 minute) to counter the annoying fake snaps and accidental placements of expensive stuff. Many a time my OCD is so enraged at the stupid snappoints and misplacements of building mats that have led me to waste so much resources. If after 1 minuteof being rendered in the world the demolish function can then return half the materials.

Another nice function would be to receive the mats for any collateral objects demolished from the result of one demolished object. 

Theres just so much to do with the building system, but a good start would be MEDIUM DINO GATES, just as stated above, something between dino gates and behegates, also if WC could please stop the raining inside my base that would be great...man if im gonna get rained down inside my base at least make it so it fills my water lol

Predefined buildings would be cool. Keep the custom buildings and pieces too, but create engrams for a "crafting station", "stable", "tower", etc.

These all only come with the wall, cieling and foundation pieces. Windows, doors and interactive objects like storages, forges and smithy aren't included.

You place it on the ground and construction begins. Requires the sum of the materials needed to make it from individual pieces. You put resources into it by going up and pressing E (similar to repairing an existing structure). It builds slowly over time as long as it has materials to consume.

Benefits: could be aesthetically pleasing.

All treated as one piece. Much larger health pool than stand alone pieces. 

Since it is one object, decreases load on the server when rendering bases using them. 

Behemoth gates of different sizes.

I don't want to place a huge gate for a pen that will only have dinos in it that are lower than 6 or 7 walls. It's small gate (4 high) or b-gate (12.5 high) or nothing. Nothing in between.

It's a waste of ressources and time to build the pen as high as a b-gate to fully cover it. But if you don't then the b-gate is sticking out which is goddamn ugly IMO. I don't want 2 stories, and sloped roof from b-gate top to flat roof is ugly too.

Also give us a 2 walls high gate for wolves, beavers, doedis, bears, ravs, frogs etc.

Archived