What do people really feel about the new Spino?

Molisa

I can't be the only one feeling like it ruined the looks and feel of the dino... I like the water buff and how they made it stronger but it just looks so damn ridiculous, doesn't feel like a dinosaur anymore, it just goes around punching people in the face like some boxing fighter, not to mention how silly it looks taking off like a motorboat. I believe they should tone down the punch animation speed so it doesn't look so fancy and crazy and gives smaller enemies (that can't reach its head) a chance to retaliate. But yeah, other than appearance and animations i think the rework is fine...

Can you guys at least make it bite corpses to consume them instead of having it eat with its fists!? (Yes i know it happens with other dinos like the Carno eating with its horns but still)

Ahem, anyways, what's your opinion on this guys?

Yes this is my first post but i've been lurking for a while, PVE player here so idk anything about PVP balancing. Also this is my opinion, please don't take it as if im saying it as truth or insulting the game or the devs, i just want to know what you guys think about these points.

32 minutes ago, Molisa said:

I wish they had buffed its HP instead of giving it insane fast knockback

I for 1 enjoy its rapid atk and knockback.  As it is the spino needs its rapid atk speed to be in the meta.  If you drop its speed at all itll plummet to the bottom again.  I like the new body but i agree it looks rubbery.  I prefer its color mapping it has now, particularly the inner sail is actually distinguishable instead of going, "what color is that?" lol  i do hate how the inner sail color is its nose color tho, god it looks so stupid with a cyan body and a bright purple nose...All in all im much happier with this new spino.

1 hour ago, Malko said:

I never been a big fan of the spino before. Now i like the new model + the travel speed buff you get when you get out of water. I like the spino rapid attacks. I really like it :-)

Lol same here. Tamed one for the first time in a long time just to try it out. Love it. It looks more natural unmounted attacking vs mounted imo. Rawr is a tad bit depressing lol 

incredibly fast even more so with the water buff which is perhaps a bit overpowered i mean all your spino has to do is have its toes touch a single water molecule for barely a nanosecond and suddenly you can run at mach 5 it should require you to at least enter the swimming animation before it gives you the buff.

My favorite out of all the TLC dinos by a wide margin.  I've always liked the spino but they where never good enough to warrant using them instead of a rex/giga/wyvern.  Now with the water buff on an imprinted one you can absolutely rocket around the map witch slapping fools!  I did like the goofy puppy run the old one had but the new animations just look more natural to me and the texture while rubbery looking is believable for a giant amphibious super predator.  I like the new roar as it sounds completely unique unlike the old one that was a recycled rex roar that they changed the pitch on.  A+ from me all the way.

4 minutes ago, Molisa said:

I was talking about wild spinos, they never use the bite attack anymore which makes it look super silly battling other wild dinos

Theres actually a bug if the spino has to chase or close a gap after engaging itll drop to all 4s and it forgets to stand back up.  Also the bite is 20% weaker then it used to be, its bite also doesnt allow movement during the animation like it used to

1 minute ago, Onimusha759 said:

Theres actually a bug if the spino has to chase or close a gap after engaging itll drop to all 4s and it forgets to stand back up.  Also the bite is 20% weaker then it used to be, its bite also doesnt allow movement during the animation like it used to

So yeah... basically wild Spinos are a mess right now lol

I think the new spino is great, almost too great. It makes the rex seem extremely super slow and cumbersome by comparison, and the rex isn’t even that much more powerful, sure they have more damage and health but the spino hits faster which almost makes up for that. Anyways other than making the rex look bad I think the “slaps” look ridiculous, but other than that the patch was just pure improvement.

Archived