Pillars pillars pillars...

pr0g

6 minutes ago, Moonie1 said:

Actually there is a very good reason to do it. Because idiots like to build their massive bases on top of the player spawns and new players end up spawning under their base or stuck in foundations with no way to get out. You talk about pillars ruining the gaming experience, well I can tell you firsthand I get very po'd when people place their crap bases on a starting point and I end up stuck and having to figure out how to kill myself. One time I had to have another player throw dino poop through a small gap just so I could eat it and die. You think new players are going to know they have to eat poop to die and get out of a situation like that? Hell no.

See thats not a lack of pillaring, thats people just being deutchbags lol.  Its also a spawn coding problem, theres no reason why player spawns shouldnt try to avoid structures just like everything else.  You know there has to be an open spot somewhere in the zone, why would the game allow you to spawn under a base when theres other open spots?

23 hours ago, Corrigan said:

It's actually difficult for me to theorycraft a GOOD reason why they'd prefer to unevenly dilute the population of official server players amongst a limited number of servers, other than to influence people to play unnoficial which is subjectively less satisfying in a PVE environment. 

Absolutely correct. This strategy lessens the load on already overstrained servers that are well beyond underperforming. 

1 hour ago, Moonie1 said:

Actually there is a very good reason to do it. Because idiots like to build their massive bases on top of the player spawns and new players end up spawning under their base or stuck in foundations with no way to get out. You talk about pillars ruining the gaming experience, well I can tell you firsthand I get very po'd when people place their crap bases on a starting point and I end up stuck and having to figure out how to kill myself. One time I had to have another player throw dino poop through a small gap just so I could eat it and die. You think new players are going to know they have to eat poop to die and get out of a situation like that? Hell no.

We accidentally did this... We turned that secontion of the base into a newbie house with everything unlocked and arrows to an exit. 

On 5/4/2018 at 5:33 PM, Onimusha759 said:

Pillars also are considered structures so they block spawns which hurts taming and taming is ark, thats the main concept.  Pillars would also block resource spawns.  Lets not forget when you claim a location and someone puts pillars to keep you from growing.  Cant enjoy the game like that.

Pillars DO NOT block spawns, as long as they are NOT with Ceilings on top. 

If used with fence foundations and/or ladders, they preserve and prevent spawn killing or blocking of resources from returning.

5 hours ago, Palenor said:

Pillars DO NOT block spawns, as long as they are NOT with Ceilings on top. 

If used with fence foundations and/or ladders, they preserve and prevent spawn killing or blocking of resources from returning.

Kinda already been established previously in the topic, already posted i changed my vote lol

while i agree that pillaring CAN be abused (and im sure that it HAS been abused) i will also say that i think that overall its still a net good. however there are plently of servers where its not abused and you should be able to find free land. also, there is a VERY good reason to not want a person to build within render distance. if someone is rendering your dino, then they aren't in stasis. meaning they consume food at a normal rate. meaning that they will starve ALOT faster. I don't have time to play every day so i need to minimize the number of people that are near me, otherwise my carnivores will all starve.

Archived