Pillars pillars pillars...

pr0g

Think Wildcard have a solution for pillaring on PVE, something that already exist in Pixark... Certificates, that means that u will not block other players from build unless u claim the land  with something that need refill like a generator, in that way, if people wants to claim big areas, will have to play 24/7 only to farm those "certificates" that will keep areas blocked from other players to build.

I hope they implement this very soon on Officials.

https://pixark.gamepedia.com/Privilege_Certificate

17 minutes ago, MoralDK said:

I play PVE official. Pillars make good neighbors, protect resources, and waterways.   I know it's frustrating at first, but most of the time I think pillars are justified. 

Pillars also are considered structures so they block spawns which hurts taming and taming is ark, thats the main concept.  Pillars would also block resource spawns.  Lets not forget when you claim a location and someone puts pillars to keep you from growing.  Cant enjoy the game like that.

6 minutes ago, Onimusha759 said:

Pillars also are considered structures so they block spawns which hurts taming and taming is ark, thats the main concept.  Pillars would also block resource spawns.  Lets not forget when you claim a location and someone puts pillars to keep you from growing.  Cant enjoy the game like that.

Pillars don't block like foundations.  Pillars can protect spawns.

5 minutes ago, MoralDK said:

Pillars don't block like foundations.  Pillars do protect spawns.

Fixed it for you. Also prevents people placing stupid bases right on top of crucial resources like metal spawns etc. Happens all the time if you don't pillar them up. No, people shouldn't be pillaring half the map up, that is just greedy. However, pillars absolutely serve a function that isn't just griefing.

Protect spawn ... come on, many of those pillars are or beaches, very far from their owners bases.

Resources are already protected by devs as caves or obelisks, unless people want to protect sand, and fiber.

Pillars on beach are ofensive to new players, I removed mines and the next day the tribe next to our base placed new ones, i think just because doesnt want new players no build close to them.

7 minutes ago, SpCowboy said:

Protect spawn ... come on, many of those pillars are or beaches, very far from their owners bases.

Resources are already protected by devs as caves or obelisks, unless people want to protect sand, and fiber.

Pillars on beach are ofensive to new players, I removed mines and the next day the tribe next to our base placed new ones, i think just because doesnt want new players no build close to them.

Yes. Protecting spawns. As in protecting an area where you farm. Most people don't farm meat in the forests. They run right down the beach front. Again, I stated there is definitely people who abuse it, but there is a reason the pillars are there for the most part. Also, sorry, but I'm not really worried about the feelings of new people. There was new servers that were just put out, not to mention I guarantee you I could find a good place to build in about 5 mins of looking for one. There is still plenty of space on most servers, people are just unwilling to look. They rage after 5 seconds of not being able to place a campfire and bitch at everyone. Most of us would be happy to help out, and have even removed pillars and shown people a good place to build that were knew when they asked nicely. Don't act like you are entitled to anything and people will gladly work with you. Act like a spoiled brat and I sure as heck am not moving any pillars or helping you out in general.

11 minutes ago, SpCowboy said:

If you have any experience in this game at all then yes you dont want anyone building within render distance of your base.  Its not a big deal when everyone is small but over time as they amass more dinos and larger structures it can absolutely ruin an area for all parties involved.  As others have stated they can be used to protect resources and spawns from ignorant players who will build on the first place they see.

Pillars are a reactionary thing to bad players who build as close to others as possible or build on top of resources or block pathways, yes some people take it way to far but this is a free form sandbox so they have every right to do so. I have never seen a server completely covered in pillars like most of the whiners say and i do lots of trades on many many different servers.  First come first serve, the people with the pillars you dont like payed the same for the game as you but got to that spot first so how does anyone think they have more right to it than the person who claimed it?

5 hours ago, flamron said:

More pillars means less tamed dinos. If anything, I would imagine Wildcard appreciates the pillaring secretly deep down inside. 

It's actually difficult for me to theorycraft a GOOD reason why they'd prefer to unevenly dilute the population of official server players amongst a limited number of servers, other than to influence people to play unnoficial which is subjectively less satisfying in a PVE environment. 

3 minutes ago, pr0g said:

I understand protecting with pillars, but I’m talking about 2-3 tribe per server pillering all the map. Not kidding, all of the map!

That is not protecting, that is abusing! 

Then they ask you for 100k ingots for land. That is frustrating

Can you show proof of an instance where this happened?

5 hours ago, jcekstro said:

Yes. Protecting spawns. As in protecting an area where you farm. Most people don't farm meat in the forests. They run right down the beach front. Again, I stated there is definitely people who abuse it, but there is a reason the pillars are there for the most part. Also, sorry, but I'm not really worried about the feelings of new people. There was new servers that were just put out, not to mention I guarantee you I could find a good place to build in about 5 mins of looking for one. There is still plenty of space on most servers, people are just unwilling to look. They rage after 5 seconds of not being able to place a campfire and bitch at everyone. Most of us would be happy to help out, and have even removed pillars and shown people a good place to build that were knew when they asked nicely. Don't act like you are entitled to anything and people will gladly work with you. Act like a spoiled brat and I sure as heck am not moving any pillars or helping you out in general.

People are not all jackass. I totally agree with you. Protecting ressources spawn is important. Waterways ... Usually when people say "its pillared everywhere" they go to red... spawn to east after get killed by a kapro in the swamp, spawn in front of herbi... than say its pillared everywhere in global chat.

6 minutes ago, MoralDK said:

I'm dying to know if selling land violates the rules. And if so, if it's enforced.

Unfortunately I don't believe it does. The actual code of conduct is very short. Basically don't grief any current bases and you are good to go. As annoying as it can be, those people that are hoarding off half the map are not breaking any rules. If they were selling the land for irl money it would break the rules, but don't think ingot would apply. And in reality, the rules are rarely enforced strictly on officials. You have to create a ticket, wait on a mod, convince them that the person is legitimately breaking rules, then they might come fix the issue but it will more than likely be weeks for any resolution if any comes at all.

Pillaring on PVE is one of the main reasons I left official servers. My legacy server was great, and cooperative about it.

Once I left for new servers however, pillaring was insane, and multiple chunks of land, like Carno Island, Herbivore island and more were pillared off, and put up for sale. 

Killed off any desire I had to play officials 

Pillaring in PVE is like a race. First come first serve. That's how it is now and has been in the past. If this is an island server that you can transfer stuff over from another server, then you would have a harder time competing, especially if you're starting with a new character. However, if it's one of the newly dubbed "fresh" servers, then you should have no problem finding land, even today. You just have to look. I started on a fresh server myself and people immediately start to complain that there are pillars everywhere in the starting areas... you just need to look elsewhere, there are still plenty of spots. Pillaring is done like others have said to protect resources / spawns. I like to pillar just enough that other tribes are out of render distance. I don't want to build a base next to a behemoth sized base that kills my FPS. Yet, if you pillar other tribes to prevent them from building purposefully, then you are a douche and that deserves the attention of the devs. But if you're complaining about joining a PVE server that is day 1000+ and can't find a spot then that is silly. I recommend like others have also said to play on unofficial or you can wait until the next batch of new/fresh servers that will eventually come out. You may have to wait some time though for more legacy to close and or the new expansion to come out before you get a chance. 

Building on the beach was mentioned before, id like to know what is being blocked?  A few dodos, maybe a raptor or trike, resource wise a few precious trees and rocks.  Oh ya beach building is evil lol.  Everyone Paid for this, people blocking locations someone wants to build is hindering someones play style, its griefing before the base is even built.  I can see reasonable blocking for metal, rare spawns ect.  Or even claiming a reasonable base area before you actually get to working on that part of the base, but definitely not land selling, thats just being D heads.  Theres no reason to pillar player spawns.

4 hours ago, Onimusha759 said:

Theres no reason to pillar player spawns.

Actually there is a very good reason to do it. Because idiots like to build their massive bases on top of the player spawns and new players end up spawning under their base or stuck in foundations with no way to get out. You talk about pillars ruining the gaming experience, well I can tell you firsthand I get very po'd when people place their crap bases on a starting point and I end up stuck and having to figure out how to kill myself. One time I had to have another player throw dino poop through a small gap just so I could eat it and die. You think new players are going to know they have to eat poop to die and get out of a situation like that? Hell no.

Archived