Boss fight questions.

Jomo2210

Hi all. I know this has been addressed again and again and again, but I can never really find a true answer due to latest updates and the fact that most posts are over a year old. 

The topic at hand is this, are the boss fights now doable within reason on official. 

I have the normal 18 rex, 1 yuty, 1 piggy. 

Rex stats: (all of them) 

30k hp.  600+ melee. 75 armor  imprint: 81%

I feel like this is enough for most boss fights. But I gotta admit I’ve been too chicken to go in and lose everything. 

I know the dragon is super op, but latest tlc patch said fire impact damage was reduced by 50%. I mean you still lose 20% health regardless to the burn damage. But does that really make a difference? 

TLDR:

Based on stats Is this enough for: 

alpha brood?

alpha ape?

alpha dragon? 

Thank you for any help :) 

Dragon is still OP. 

We occasionally lose 1 or 2 rex's on the Alpha rag fight despite 30-35k hp, 90+ armor saddles, 700+ melee and we take the Golem's out of the equation. That initial hit is still strong as is the DOT fire. 

Your Rex's should be ok against most/all of the gamma fights, should be alright against beta monkey, brood, rag, and Manti, ok against alpha manti, probably beat alpha monkey, but Alpha Brood and Dragon will probably eat your lunch. 

You want better saddles definitely. Hire or use a crafter or do what's needed to trade/find for a better BP. Island swamp cave is where I hear of most Rex BP successes but that is coming from guys who farm it for 6 hours a day. Not one or two trips.

Over prepare. I highly recommend 700 melee at a minimum for all Rex's. I also recommend 35k hp with a 100+ armor saddle for Alpha Brood. Again these are over preparations but if you worry about losing your rex's then do it. 

I'd also practice your whistle commands beforehand on just excursions around the map. Just to get a feel for it.

I'd also sit the piggy at home. No business in a boss fight in my opinion. You lose critical DPS. If you want to farm a boss for element then bring a Pig for between fights but I'd bring 3. 

You'll never find a definitive answer because everybody has experienced different successes and failures in a multitude of ways.

I've been smoked by Beta Brood on legacy with 12.5k hp 414 melee hatch Rex's but beat Gamma Rag with 10.7k hp 396 melee hatch Rex's.

I faced Alpha brood on legacy with a 109 armor saddle, 35k hp 800 melee 91% imprinted Rex and walked out with only 2k hp. I faced her on the new server's with a 116 armor saddle, 35k hp, 800 melee, 91% imprinted Rex and only loss 11k hp

Each fight can be different you just kind of have to do it. 

28 minutes ago, yekrucifixion187 said:

Dragon is still OP. 

We occasionally lose 1 or 2 rex's on the Alpha rag fight despite 30-35k hp, 90+ armor saddles, 700+ melee and we take the Golem's out of the equation. That initial hit is still strong as is the DOT fire. 

Your Rex's should be ok against most/all of the gamma fights, should be alright against beta monkey, brood, rag, and Manti, ok against alpha manti, probably beat alpha monkey, but Alpha Brood and Dragon will probably eat your lunch. 

You want better saddles definitely. Hire or use a crafter or do what's needed to trade/find for a better BP. Island swamp cave is where I hear of most Rex BP successes but that is coming from guys who farm it for 6 hours a day. Not one or two trips.

Over prepare. I highly recommend 700 melee at a minimum for all Rex's. I also recommend 35k hp with a 100+ armor saddle for Alpha Brood. Again these are over preparations but if you worry about losing your rex's then do it. 

I'd also practice your whistle commands beforehand on just excursions around the map. Just to get a feel for it.

I'd also sit the piggy at home. No business in a boss fight in my opinion. You lose critical DPS. If you want to farm a boss for element then bring a Pig for between fights but I'd bring 3. 

You'll never find a definitive answer because everybody has experienced different successes and failures in a multitude of ways.

I've been smoked by Beta Brood on legacy with 12.5k hp 414 melee hatch Rex's but beat Gamma Rag with 10.7k hp 396 melee hatch Rex's.

I faced Alpha brood on legacy with a 109 armor saddle, 35k hp 800 melee 91% imprinted Rex and walked out with only 2k hp. I faced her on the new server's with a 116 armor saddle, 35k hp, 800 melee, 91% imprinted Rex and only loss 11k hp

Your opinion on theriz vs rexs for up to beta bosses? My theriz are hatching 8k hp 340 melee (I know not much, getting better!) With 66 arm mc saddles

Otherwise rexs are 9.9khp 310-340 melee hatch (got smoked on beta brood solo - still beat it though) I use a Yuty to ride with whistle commands. Think gamma rag is do-able with theriz leveled? (Im thinking 25k hp rest melee as per cake calculations.. 21k is preferred but I want the extra hp for broods aswell as dragon)

Just now, d1nk said:

Your opinion on theriz vs rexs for up to beta bosses? My theriz are hatching 8k hp 340 melee (I know not much, getting better!) With 66 arm mc saddles

Otherwise rexs are 9.9khp 310-340 melee hatch (got smoked on beta brood solo - still beat it though) I use a Yuty to ride with whistle commands. Think gamma rag is do-able with theriz leveled? (Im thinking 25k hp rest melee as per cake calculations.. 21k is preferred but I want the extra hp for broods aswell as dragon)

I was spoiled with Theri's. I acquired 9.2k hp, 396 melee Theri's early. I also traded with a guy for several 120+ armor Theri saddles. lol.

I also have ran fights with multiple people. The times I have used Theri's it was in conjunction with Rex's and they performed great only losing 1k hp and consuming 1 veggie cake. That was all the Rag fights. I stop at 21k hp and all my Theri's are 700+ melee right now. 

One of the best parts of the Theri's for the Rag fight was they didn't get stuck on the Golem's like the Rex's. 

I'd probably still ride a Rex/Yuty if solo just to be able to fight off the Dimoprh's better. I rode a Theri on one fight and got hammered a little by dimorph's. Only time really. 

I think both have their pro's and con's. I also still think saddle armor is the biggest contributor to any fight. I think those Theri's will give you plenty to do gamma rag but would still recommend a couple of tank Rex's to deal with the Golem's and try to find a better saddle BP somewhere (again see them pulled out of island hard water cave and swamp cave the most). 2 whistle groups to send the Rex's where they need to go. 

I haven't fought it solo but I believe how I'd approach it is. 

I ride the Yuty (turret mode is inconsistent and you want that torpor draining effect). 2 to 3 tank Rex's, rest theri's. 

or if you want to rely on Yuty turret roar to add even more DPS. I'd get a high hp weaponary able rider mount (Megaloceros who has great AOE to fight off dimorph's, has veggie cake heal, and has easily farmed high armor saddles) and a high end assault rifle or pump shotgun. Then I'd run around on the Mega, reduce one Rex but keep everything else the same. 

I prefer the first method though. That Yuty buff is a game changer in my opinion. 

55 minutes ago, yekrucifixion187 said:

Dragon is still OP. 

Thank you for the feed back. I still have a lot of grinding to do. :) 

Alpha broodmother we use  megatheriums,

Dragon, as soon as the rex will penetrate too much into the hit box it will fly. Most people use the strategy of shotgun, damage dealers outside the fight, someone tanking the boss. Possible tanking it with a lot of creatures. 

Megapithecus, its an easy fight straight forward and, easy for rexes. I get them at 30k rest into melee dmg

2 hours ago, Jomo2210 said:

Hi all. I know this has been addressed again and again and again, but I can never really find a true answer due to latest updates and the fact that most posts are over a year old. 

The topic at hand is this, are the boss fights now doable within reason on official. 

I have the normal 18 rex, 1 yuty, 1 piggy. 

Rex stats: (all of them) 

30k hp.  600+ melee. 75 armor  imprint: 81%

I feel like this is enough for most boss fights. But I gotta admit I’ve been too chicken to go in and lose everything. 

I know the dragon is super op, but latest tlc patch said fire impact damage was reduced by 50%. I mean you still lose 20% health regardless to the burn damage. But does that really make a difference? 

TLDR:

Based on stats Is this enough for: 

alpha brood?

alpha ape?

alpha dragon? 

Thank you for any help :) 

Those stats will allow you to do the following fight with ZERO losses consistently.

The Information below based on the set of Rexes/Yutty that matched what you have, we ran the Bosses with this configuration for months. 

Built this with the results - All TEKWebp.net-compress-image.thumb.jpg.ff38a3eb9a61b4634266d7886f0cba70.jpg

THIS IS BASED ON ISLAND MAP, does not consider RAG Map which is easy mode compared to Island.

Do not bring the Piggy into any of the fights and add another Rex.

MONKEY

Gamma Monkey, Beta Monkey, and Alpha Monkey - as long as you do not let them fall into the chasm to the right side of the bridge.

Gamma Monkey can be run back to back to back for a total of 3 times before they will need to be healed.

Beta you can run twice in a row without healing

Alpha just once before healing.

BROODMOTHER

Gamma Brood - You might be able to run the brood back to back if the damage was spread around good between your Rexes, check them all before going back in.

Beta Brood - easy to do, one run and you will need healing before doing again.

Alpha Brood - You can do this with your Rexes, you might lose a Rex or two every so often, depends on how well you can get the Broodmother to spread damage around. If your Rexes had 45K health you can do Alpha Brood without worry of losing one.

DRAGON

I would suggest that you DO NOT run the Dragon with this setup.

As stated above, you might get the win on Gamma, but you will lose most of your Rexes and the Yutty.

Suggest looking into using Therizino's to run the Dragon.

39 minutes ago, yekrucifixion187 said:

I was spoiled with Theri's. I acquired 9.2k hp, 396 melee Theri's early. I also traded with a guy for several 120+ armor Theri saddles. lol.

I also have ran fights with multiple people. The times I have used Theri's it was in conjunction with Rex's and they performed great only losing 1k hp and consuming 1 veggie cake. That was all the Rag fights. I stop at 21k hp and all my Theri's are 700+ melee right now. 

One of the best parts of the Theri's for the Rag fight was they didn't get stuck on the Golem's like the Rex's. 

I'd probably still ride a Rex/Yuty if solo just to be able to fight off the Dimoprh's better. I rode a Theri on one fight and got hammered a little by dimorph's. Only time really. 

I think both have their pro's and con's. I also still think saddle armor is the biggest contributor to any fight. I think those Theri's will give you plenty to do gamma rag but would still recommend a couple of tank Rex's to deal with the Golem's and try to find a better saddle BP somewhere (again see them pulled out of island hard water cave and swamp cave the most). 2 whistle groups to send the Rex's where they need to go. 

I haven't fought it solo but I believe how I'd approach it is. 

I ride the Yuty (turret mode is inconsistent and you want that torpor draining effect). 2 to 3 tank Rex's, rest theri's. 

or if you want to rely on Yuty turret roar to add even more DPS. I'd get a high hp weaponary able rider mount (Megaloceros who has great AOE to fight off dimorph's, has veggie cake heal, and has easily farmed high armor saddles) and a high end assault rifle or pump shotgun. Then I'd run around on the Mega, reduce one Rex but keep everything else the same. 

I prefer the first method though. That Yuty buff is a game changer in my opinion. 

Thanks man!! I have done bosses solo on official before.. but it was long before rag came out ( obviously before yuty and pigs) and since every boss has been reworked a bit. I appreciate the write up and it will.help me a lot :) I honestly dont know what my theriz will level to.. need to hit splitscreen to grinder level em :P my rex saddle bp is just a 45 arm apprentice, ill grind swampy this weekend for a better.

Im excited for rag. Seems like a fun &hard boss fight for a solo dude. Luckily I have some nice megalo saddle bps and a nice premade pump shotty asc and a nice bp for assault rifle ! 

2 hours ago, Palenor said:

Those stats will allow you to do the following fight with ZERO losses consistently.

The Information below based on the set of Rexes/Yutty that matched what you have, we ran the Bosses with this configuration for months. 

Built this with the results - All TEKWebp.net-compress-image.thumb.jpg.ff38a3eb9a61b4634266d7886f0cba70.jpg

THIS IS BASED ON ISLAND MAP, does not consider RAG Map which is easy mode compared to Island.

Do not bring the Piggy into any of the fights and add another Rex.

MONKEY

Gamma Monkey, Beta Monkey, and Alpha Monkey - as long as you do not let them fall into the chasm to the right side of the bridge.

Gamma Monkey can be run back to back to back for a total of 3 times before they will need to be healed.

Beta you can run twice in a row without healing

Alpha just once before healing.

BROODMOTHER

Gamma Brood - You might be able to run the brood back to back if the damage was spread around good between your Rexes, check them all before going back in.

Beta Brood - easy to do, one run and you will need healing before doing again.

Alpha Brood - You can do this with your Rexes, you might lose a Rex or two every so often, depends on how well you can get the Broodmother to spread damage around. If your Rexes had 45K health you can do Alpha Brood without worry of losing one.

DRAGON

I would suggest that you DO NOT run the Dragon with this setup.

As stated above, you might get the win on Gamma, but you will lose most of your Rexes and the Yutty.

Suggest looking into using Therizino's to run the Dragon.

A really appreciate your feed back. I have a pair of boss therizs. Just gotta do that fun mass breeding lol. I’m gonna run some practice runs on single player for whistle practice. 

Archived