Why do dinos stop to poop?

KairosPvP

I remember when the animations for dino pooping were introduced, and the first thing I noticed is that it literally stops you from moving until the animation is complete. I thought, surely, this has to be a mistake or an oversight. But here we are, seemingly over a year later, and I still find myself being stopped while on the run, or getting stuck inside a pack of following dinos because the one I'm riding decides that now is the time to stop what I'm doing and drop a load. If I were a rex on the run from a giga, I guarantee you I'd be pooping at full sprint.

My proposal is this: Dinos on the move should not trigger the pooping animation. 

"OK giga.. we got a 

31 minutes ago, Chudz66 said:

Hello, you probably know this, but someone else might not. If you're concerned about being stopped like that, you can do a preemptive poop on your mounted dino (Hmm, might want to rephrase that) by using the "+" key on the number pad (PC) as long as the dino's food icon shows it's ready.

"OK Giga... we got a big meat run ahead of us buddy.. <takes a poop on gigas head> ready?"

54 minutes ago, Draggyn said:

I think the pooping is natural, to be honest if i was running from something and i had to poop it's gonna happen poop dont care what ur doin. So I think it adds realism to the game in that way, and a unique challenge

But you will not stop running to poop if being chased. That is the problem. Even dogs running  a dog sled will poop on the run. They don't stop to crouch and poop. Most herbivore animals will poop while walking. I can see if walking the dino stops to poop, but if running they shouldn't. That would make more sense to me.

17 minutes ago, annageckos said:

Even dogs running  a dog sled will poop on the run. They don't stop to crouch and poop.

Because they are tied together in the sled - they CANT stop to crouch and poop. They just adapted, but that is not a natural occurrence. Untie that dog and it'll do its business at nearest tree/bush/rock/etc at full stop.

Not always. Dogs normally do stop to poop, but a running dog will not always. If it is running after something or away from something it will not risk its life to poop. But that is kind of my point, they can run and poop. They adapt. So why should our dinos stop and poop while being chased by a rex or running after prey?

8 hours ago, annageckos said:

Not always. Dogs normally do stop to poop, but a running dog will not always. If it is running after something or away from something it will not risk its life to poop. But that is kind of my point, they can run and poop. They adapt. So why should our dinos stop and poop while being chased by a rex or running after prey?

Ever try to run away from a giga on a doed?! I agree 100%. 

On 5/4/2018 at 8:25 AM, KairosPvP said:

I remember when the animations for dino pooping were introduced, and the first thing I noticed is that it literally stops you from moving until the animation is complete. I thought, surely, this has to be a mistake or an oversight. But here we are, seemingly over a year later, and I still find myself being stopped while on the run, or getting stuck inside a pack of following dinos because the one I'm riding decides that now is the time to stop what I'm doing and drop a load. If I were a rex on the run from a giga, I guarantee you I'd be pooping at full sprint.

Hey! How exactly is a rainbow made? How exactly does a sun set? How exactly does a posi-trac rear-end on a Paraceratherium work? It just does.

Not all dino's stop to poop. Not even all dinos poops period (Frogs, for instance, do not poop, neither do Karkinos). Flying/Swimming dinos don't stop to poop either.

Some dinos also just poop more often then others - Doeds, Phiomias, Roll Rats, ect.

I've gotten into the habit of just pressing that poop button before I do, well, much of anything.

Also, Dino's rarely poop if you don't consume stamina with them, such as Iguanodons, various jumping dinos (Procoptodon, Beezlebufo). Some dinos do not move much faster sprinting then walking (Gigas, for instance, only move 10% faster sprinting compared to walking, but can only sprint for ~15 seconds. Others include Wyverns)

Archived