Evo Event this weekend?

MoeJac

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest DJRone89

I thought events were a bonus?

Complaining about the bonus you will be getting before you have even got it, just reeks of self entitlement.

3 minutes ago, DJRone89 said:

I thought events were a bonus?

Complaining about the bonus you will be getting before you have even got it, just reeks of self entitlement.

This event reeks or boringness. No entitlement here. But come on. 3x crops?  Anyone set up with a true need for more crops just plants more. That’s common sense. 

1.5x harvest tells me that the game mechanics aren’t allowing the servers to run with a higher harvest rate, so they’re trying to find a better number. Problem here is that as servers are built up, performance will continue to suffer, so rates will continue to decline. I think eventually we will see .5x harvesting and maybe even move back to the original 1x collection rates. 

If the cooking 1.5x bonus is actually crafting, then this seems useful. That would push my 1100% crafting character to 1650%. Has anyone seen a clear definition of cooking?  Or is this just meaning the meat that I never cook will cook faster?  Which if that’s the case, is probably more useless than the crop growth...

Guest DJRone89
1 hour ago, flamron said:

If the cooking 1.5x bonus is actually crafting, then this seems useful. That would push my 1100% crafting character to 1650%. Has anyone seen a clear definition of cooking?  Or is this just meaning the meat that I never cook will cook faster?  Which if that’s the case, is probably more useless than the crop growth...

Cooking effectiveness has its own ini so it’s seperate from crafting effectiveness.

Do people really not use custom consumables?

Guest DJRone89
1 hour ago, flamron said:

I guess my 512food/120stam/378HP recipe isn’t good enough already...

Can’t please everyone. Be grateful they are doing events at all seeing as they are just a bonus to the actual gameplay.

The problem is, is that we’ve been given evo events for practically every weekend when the game first officially released. It was mostly always 2x taming and 2x harvesting. It’s like a drug we’ve all become accustomed to. When you swap out the cocaine for pixie dust, then people aren’t gonna be happy lol honesty if they wanted to try new events, they should try the crop growth and cooking effectiveness with 2x taming and 2x harvesting. That way you keep the standard buff people all love and you still mix it up a little. 

33 minutes ago, DJRone89 said:

Can’t please everyone. Be grateful they are doing events at all seeing as they are just a bonus to the actual gameplay.

It’s not “just a bonus”. It’s a way to entice and maintain the current playerbase. They’re doing a disservice to the game and it’s players by not offering events that are relevant and/or useful. 

Think of it like a business. Would you rather have happy customers because you give them what they think they want?  Or unhappy customers because you’re providing services that are not relevant to them?  How do you grow a business long term (release Ark 2 or even DLC) when your day to day clientele aren’t happy?  

Its much more than a “bonus”. And in this case, there is a lot of reward and very little risk to clicking a button and making 2x “XP/Taming/Harvesting/Insert your want here” happen. The continued lack of awareness by Wildcard isn’t new, but it’s baffling how they can get it so wrong for so long. Wouldn’t you agree?

On ‎5‎/‎8‎/‎2018 at 4:14 AM, Anohmaly said:

Why did they take out 2x taming?
I don't know if they're trying something new but they can leave it just the way it was every weekend in my opinion.

I don't care so much about the double exp and not necessarily about the farming because late game it is viable but the taming is just time consuming. Want to play around with it, play with double exp and farming.
The game is time consuming as it is, not holding in account lag, glitches, bugs and the losing dinos/stuff that comes with it.
People have jobs and a life

So please put in 2x taming this weekend.

Give me 1.5x cooking IRL please.

ARK EVOLUTION.PNG

why 3x Crop Growth :( i have way to many crops already :)

On 5/8/2018 at 2:40 AM, MrGerard said:

Hey Wildcard.!!! Here is how my week goes...

Take a look at the community crunch... No Evo event.??, No X2 taming.?? Guess ill play BF1 or world of tanks then...

Keep it up guys.!!!

So true who wants an event without 2x tame. We look forward to these things. Would also like the breading and raising event to come back as well 

20 hours ago, flamron said:

It’s not “just a bonus”. It’s a way to entice and maintain the current playerbase. They’re doing a disservice to the game and it’s players by not offering events that are relevant and/or useful. 

Think of it like a business. Would you rather have happy customers because you give them what they think they want?  Or unhappy customers because you’re providing services that are not relevant to them?  How do you grow a business long term (release Ark 2 or even DLC) when your day to day clientele aren’t happy?  

Its much more than a “bonus”. And in this case, there is a lot of reward and very little risk to clicking a button and making 2x “XP/Taming/Harvesting/Insert your want here” happen. The continued lack of awareness by Wildcard isn’t new, but it’s baffling how they can get it so wrong for so long. Wouldn’t you agree?

I agree with what he is saying. I have enough crop that if anyone is hurting for them that bad come to 119  I got you. 

3x crop growth and 1.5x cooking effectiveness. Finally! I've been waiting for so long! Second time in a row no usual 2x event which makes the game so much more fun. 2x taming and 2x harvesting is useless and boring. Nothing I look foward to during the week. I'm so hyped and definitely won't play anything else this weekend. I'm so excited and I just can't hide it!

(Said no one ever. Except DJRone89 maybe.)

Guest DJRone89
37 minutes ago, AdligerAdler said:

3x crop growth and 1.5x cooking effectiveness. Finally! I've been waiting for so long! Second time in a row no usual 2x event which makes the game so much more fun. 2x taming and 2x harvesting is useless and boring. Nothing I look foward to during the week. I'm so hyped and definitely won't play anything else this weekend. I'm so excited and I just can't hide it!

(Said no one ever. Except DJRone89 maybe.)

As this is forum free to the community, I like to post on subjects that have no bearing on myself because I can.

I played legacy back when taming/XP/harvest were all half what they are now, and before evo events existed and had a blast. People saying how grindy the game is now clearly never played back then.

If people had an issue, they moved on to other things, not complain at every opportunity on how hard done by they are by the devs because they have lives and the devs refuse to cater to their own specific needs instead of seeing the bigger picture.

So yes, I think people should get on board these new evo events and provide some constructive feedback instead of complaining before they have even experienced it.

28 minutes ago, DJRone89 said:

As this is forum free to the community, I like to post on subjects that have no bearing on myself because I can.

I played legacy back when taming/XP/harvest were all half what they are now, and before evo events existed and had a blast. People saying how grindy the game is now clearly never played back then.

If people had an issue, they moved on to other things, not complain at every opportunity on how hard done by they are by the devs because they have lives and the devs refuse to cater to their own specific needs instead of seeing the bigger picture.

So yes, I think people should get on board these new evo events and provide some constructive feedback instead of complaining before they have even experienced it.

So you truly see a benefit in 3x crops...

Providing feedback means we’re generally pretty passionate about the game. The people that aren’t providing feedback are moving on to other games. We post because we want Ark to be fun and a great game. 

Maybe someday an unofficial cluster will come along so I can play with the 200+ people I trade with frequently. And maybe that cluster won’t get admin abused or wiped or files corrupted on a frequent basis. Maybe. 

Until then, Official is the only servers I’ll play. Not just because of the gameplay. But because of its social nature. I’m connected to thousands of people playing official. I see zero benefit (IMO) to playing on an unofficial server with four other people.

And ya - I enjoy the 2x rates every weekend. Not because I can’t cut it, but it takes some of the monotony out of the game. I’ve pretty well mastered collecting materials. I can do it 1x or 2x no big deal. But 2x lets me do more. Explore more caves, try new things because I’m not spending the usual time grinding mats. That’s the “bonus” to 2x weekends. Letting us explore the maps, get killed doing dumb things, and maybe having a bit more fun. Doesn’t seem like a lot to ask to me...

Guest DJRone89
23 minutes ago, flamron said:

So you truly see a benefit in 3x crops...

Providing feedback means we’re generally pretty passionate about the game. The people that aren’t providing feedback are moving on to other games. We post because we want Ark to be fun and a great game. 

Maybe someday an unofficial cluster will come along so I can play with the 200+ people I trade with frequently. And maybe that cluster won’t get admin abused or wiped or files corrupted on a frequent basis. Maybe. 

Until then, Official is the only servers I’ll play. Not just because of the gameplay. But because of its social nature. I’m connected to thousands of people playing official. I see zero benefit (IMO) to playing on an unofficial server with four other people.

And ya - I enjoy the 2x rates every weekend. Not because I can’t cut it, but it takes some of the monotony out of the game. I’ve pretty well mastered collecting materials. I can do it 1x or 2x no big deal. But 2x lets me do more. Explore more caves, try new things because I’m not spending the usual time grinding mats. That’s the “bonus” to 2x weekends. Letting us explore the maps, get killed doing dumb things, and maybe having a bit more fun. Doesn’t seem like a lot to ask to me...

Just self entitlement is all.

Archived