Future of Leedsichthys on Rag?

Pipinghot

As far as I can tell, both from exploring our private server and from comments I have seen in these forums, the Leedsichthys has been removed from Ragnarok servers.

1)  Are there any announcements from official sources confirming that this is true, or it just just "folklore" at this point?

2) If they have been officially removed, is there any official information on when, or if, they will be put back?

1 hour ago, Vaculity said:

https://survivetheark.com/index.php?/forums/topic/260921-ragnarok-sw-desert-update-1011-patch-notes-aware-of-collision-issues/

I won't say Leedsichthys were removed... but their spawn point are to the point you won't ever find them spawning in the map anymore, even after multiple resets.

It might just be the network restrictions here at work, but the link isn't working for me

Keep those !@#$ing whales away from Ragnarok. They are a pita on the other maps, and essentially remove the possibility of having a raft base in the deep water. Used to, on PvP servers, you could make a decent raft base in the deep water and it would be left alone for the most part, but Leeds killed that possibility entirely. They don't even add anything compelling to game play! Worse then Pirahnas.

Also, Leeds do NOT attack old, unused boats. They only attack boats in use. So boats that just fill up taming slots on officials, or just sit around all year on unofficials? Leeds wouldn't solve those. Have your admin go around and delete the unused boats.

2 hours ago, Frogspoison said:

Also, Leeds do NOT attack old, unused boats. They only attack boats in use. So boats that just fill up taming slots on officials, or just sit around all year on unofficials? Leeds wouldn't solve those. Have your admin go around and delete the unused boats.

I've never seen anything to indicate that this is true. Do you have any evidence (screenshots, videos, etc.) to show that they're not working as intended?

46 minutes ago, Pipinghot said:

I've never seen anything to indicate that this is true. Do you have any evidence (screenshots, videos, etc.) to show that they're not working as intended?

Agreed. A raft is a raft is a raft. All are lunch. 

3 hours ago, Frogspoison said:

Keep those !@#$ing whales away from Ragnarok. They are a pita on the other maps, and essentially remove the possibility of having a raft base in the deep water. Used to, on PvP servers, you could make a decent raft base in the deep water and it would be left alone for the most part, but Leeds killed that possibility entirely. They don't even add anything compelling to game play! Worse then Pirahnas.

Rafts are safe unless they are rendered so offshore distant rafts with no one around will be safe so to speak but that certainly isn't cause the leeds chooses to not attack. 

They're needed too cause the opem ocean is basically harmless and one of the safest places to hide. Until leeds. 

Could have tuso attack rafts kraken style. Hold your boat in place while it devours the living soul outta everything you have. Arrrrrrrrr

Archived