Would you really quit if.....

Wowiwon

I think the best thing that could happen right now is an official reset, but they need to make many changes to the game to prevent it from becoming the exact same that it is now within a month or two.

I think in the current state of the official pvp servers by the time the third dlc comes out the cluster will be dead. It looks like thanks to a dev wipe PC is done, down to one mega tribe to rule the ark. (I don't play official PC that's what I hear from the Internet) Xbox will be finished soon no doubt, every mega is allied against supremacy after that war is over there will be nobody left to fight unless the alliance breaks. I don't hear much about ps4 but I think the mega war has been over for a while. Unless I'm just oblivious I don't think there are many established non-mega tribes on the current cluster on any platform probably because the mega alliances were established before the cluster came out the little guys were wiped out from day one.

heres a list of what I think needs to change along side a server reset to completely revive ark and give it the potential it could have  been

• Somehow their needs to be something that prevents a single tribe or alliance from controlling a whole server.
  • Pvp should be more forgiving, it should be incredibly difficult to completely wipe a tribe but raids should be frequent. A sleep mode for tames that makes them immune to damage but have open inventories as if they are uncounsouss is one idea.
  • Structures: both the building system and their role in base defence needs to change, right now it's way to easy to destroy massive chucks of base and please S+ has so many improvements to the building system.
  • Turrets: the players only setting sucks, it prevents a lot of fun encounters, battery powered turrets makes it worse. Also the whole meta with turrets being the only good offline protection also sucks it takes the fun out of raids and defence but it's the only thing that can give you time to log on and defend.
  • Balance between tamed creatures has gotten much better with the tlc updates but all of the smaller creatures like raptors, wolves, thylas, etc don't have a role in pvp, probably because turrets always prevent them from getting into areas where they would be useful, also many early game tames like the carno for example that are just weaker versions of late game creatures are useless.
  • The whole progression system is broken. It is way to easy for advanced tribes to completely wipe lesser tribes. Also the whole quality item system is partly responsible, newish players that do not have high end versions of weapons and more importantly armor and saddles are at a huge disadvantage. The whole engram tree is not even relevant anymore primitive items are useless.
  • The breeding system is unhealthy and boring, it requires hours and hours of constant attention to get something past baby stage but there is no real challenge involved.
  • The taming system has similar issues to breeding, it's not as bad but after something is knocked out its all a waiting game.
  • Kibble rework needs to happen or at least their needs to be a better way of farming eggs from the wild, making eggs a drop from killing wild creatures could be an easy solution.
  • Their is very little environmental threats in pve after the early game. This leads to tame caps because nothing ever dies.
  • There is no reason to have anything to do with the ocean other than to tame an angler for pearls and get boss tribute. There never pvp in the ocean because it's hard to transfer or store sea Dino's and underwater bases are very rare because it costs so much to maintain and theirs no reason to have one. They don't even protect your massive sea dinos from wild creatures.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Varanus8 said:

I think the best thing that could happen right now is an official reset, but they need to make many changes to the game to prevent it from becoming the exact same that it is now within a month or two.

I think in the current state of the official pvp servers by the time the third dlc comes out the cluster will be dead. It looks like thanks to a dev wipe PC is done, down to one mega tribe to rule the ark. (I don't play official PC that's what I hear from the Internet) Xbox will be finished soon no doubt, every mega is allied against supremacy after that war is over there will be nobody left to fight unless the alliance breaks. I don't hear much about ps4 but I think the mega war has been over for a while. Unless I'm just oblivious I don't think there are many established non-mega tribes on the current cluster on any platform probably because the mega alliances were established before the cluster came out the little guys were wiped out from day one.

heres a list of what I think needs to change along side a server reset to completely revive ark and give it the potential it could have  been

• Somehow their needs to be something that prevents a single tribe or alliance from controlling a whole server.
  • Pvp should be more forgiving, it should be incredibly difficult to completely wipe a tribe but raids should be frequent. A sleep mode for tames that makes them immune to damage but have open inventories as if they are uncounsouss is one idea.
  • Structures: both the building system and their role in base defence needs to change, right now it's way to easy to destroy massive chucks of base and please S+ has so many improvements to the building system.
  • Turrets: the players only setting sucks, it prevents a lot of fun encounters, battery powered turrets makes it worse. Also the whole meta with turrets being the only good offline protection also sucks it takes the fun out of raids and defence but it's the only thing that can give you time to log on and defend.
  • Balance between tamed creatures has gotten much better with the tlc updates but all of the smaller creatures like raptors, wolves, thylas, etc don't have a role in pvp, probably because turrets always prevent them from getting into areas where they would be useful, also many early game tames like the carno for example that are just weaker versions of late game creatures are useless.
  • The whole progression system is broken. It is way to easy for advanced tribes to completely wipe lesser tribes. Also the whole quality item system is partly responsible, newish players that do not have high end versions of weapons and more importantly armor and saddles are at a huge disadvantage. The whole engram tree is not even relevant anymore primitive items are useless.
  • The breeding system is unhealthy and boring, it requires hours and hours of constant attention to get something past baby stage but there is no real challenge involved.
  • The taming system has similar issues to breeding, it's not as bad but after something is knocked out its all a waiting game.
  • Kibble rework needs to happen or at least their needs to be a better way of farming eggs from the wild, making eggs a drop from killing wild creatures could be an easy solution.
  • Their is very little environmental threats in pve after the early game. This leads to tame caps because nothing ever dies.
  • There is no reason to have anything to do with the ocean other than to tame an angler for pearls and get boss tribute. There never pvp in the ocean because it's hard to transfer or store sea Dino's and underwater bases are very rare because it costs so much to maintain and theirs no reason to have one. They don't even protect your massive sea dinos from wild creatures.

Sums it up perfectly.@Jatheish

On 04/05/2018 at 11:43 AM, Haz2014 said:

If they wipe the servers again the game is finished imo would be an awful move breeding stats would be wiped out and then its back to day 1..... easy for the scrubs to agree to that but when you have multiple servers with multiple bases all full of ahit and caves packed out etc etc then nah am good mate think wont go for the wipe lol.

seriously just place extinction servers if you want a server wipe the legacy wipe made sense as everyone had hundreds of vaults filled with poop. Dupings not been an issue on the new servers really dont get what all the crying is about. Building up/farming etc is easy and the most fun but i just dont want to fo back to taming poop dinos looking for stata to breed. 

Na mate a wipe is necessary unless you agree with um and ddos. Actually I’m wrong as they will never fix these issues anyway. Ignore me lol.

On 5/4/2018 at 6:47 AM, BertNoobians said:

i had to restart in new servers and this was 1 time to many already.

you guys clearly have no idea how much work it is to find all stats for breeding and then mutate them to where we are now.
restarting is not an option.

I hear ya. If you're a big time breeder it would be a real kick to the groin.

Guest DJRone89
3 hours ago, Z0mbie said:

Way to be compassionate. Why don't you volunteer to do the phones for the suicide hotline while your at it.

When you can’t let go of pixels, you have a problem. Maybe you could be my supervisor seeing as you went further than I did ;)

23 hours ago, Varanus8 said:

(I don't play official PC that's what I hear from the Internet)

You don't play official, but, you want a server wipe? Nice to have an argument for a wipe from someone who it wouldn't affect.  

I can't help thinking that there is a bit of jealousy involved in this topic as a whole, and the ones advocating a wipe hope it would give them a chance to compete with the large tribes they envy. 

Guest DJRone89
50 minutes ago, AngryGamer666 said:

Stopped playing on official servers because of all the pillars and trolls. I prefer building more than the taming and also PVE rather than PVP. Play on my own rented private server now with friends and have none of the issues that come with official like wipes or decays or trolls.

I told myself I’d quit if I ever stopped hosting my cluster, however I’m liking the idea of these speciality servers, but I feel it’s too little too late for the veteran community and these would only suit new players because people have invested too much time to just give it up - though slaving to decay timers isn’t healthy if you only do it through fear of losing all what you have gained.

2 hours ago, DJRone89 said:

I told myself I’d quit if I ever stopped hosting my cluster, however I’m liking the idea of these speciality servers, but I feel it’s too little too late for the veteran community and these would only suit new players because people have invested too much time to just give it up - though slaving to decay timers isn’t healthy if you only do it through fear of losing all what you have gained.

Been playing Ark since last year of the Beta, after my official server was made a Legacy i stayed there for a while and watched it slowly die. I then paid for Aberration and finally let go of my old island base leaving all my hard earned bred and tamed dinos to die and my base to decay. I managed two months on the joke that is Aberration constantly being disconnected watching my drakes die in poison lakes due to lag or my crab stuck for 10 days on a rock with no help from wildcard, so in the end i paid for a nitrado server and set up again on Ragnarok and let my official Aberration decay too and ive not looked back. Now me and friends are happy on this server without any worries of it being rolled back, wiped or trolled. Even the Rag lag issues seem better on a private server and i can actually go on holiday and not worry all my hard work will be gone when i return.

8 hours ago, Hemplethwaite said:

You don't play official, but, you want a server wipe? Nice to have an argument for a wipe from someone who it wouldn't affect.  

I can't help thinking that there is a bit of jealousy involved in this topic as a whole, and the ones advocating a wipe hope it would give them a chance to compete with the large tribes they envy. 

I don't play official on PC, I do play official on Xbox. My argument in that paragraph was explaining how on all platforms the official pvp servers are starting to die off as its getting down to only a couple alliances/mega tribes. I had that disclaimer saying I didn't play official PC because I am making the generalization that all platforms are undergoing the same problem.

On ‎5‎/‎7‎/‎2018 at 2:10 AM, Varanus8 said:

Point #1: Useless. Controlling a server is social networking and numbers, pure an simple. I had complete control of a legacy server with zero alliances because I controlled the hearts and minds of the server.

Point #2: Sleep mode making tames immune to damage would be insanely exploitable. Park a tame in front of a cave -> put on sleepmode = invincible wall. Further, trying to have extremely frequent effectual raids is in direct contradiction to bases being extremely hard to wipe. It's like trying to have your cake and eat it too.

Point #3: Structural defenses are trivially irrelevant to turreted defenses. It doesn't make a difference if a wall take 3 C4 or 10 C4, because if you have no other defenses that wall is meaningless. Further, if you buff up structural integrity I'm just going to make super cheap structure spams on choke-points that require you to mass grind materials to pave a path. Actually I already do that so now you're just increasing the offensive grind anyways.

Point #4: Need I remind you of the silly shenanigans going on before the Players Only mode? 2 people on  a handful of turtles it took them a day to raise effortlessly on berries could offline all but the most secure bases. Players Only turret gave actual utility to otherwise irrelevant tames like Stegos and Trikes. Further, an argument of "turrets suck as the only offline defense" with no actual examples of solutions is worthless.

Point #5: Not all tames need to be equally useful at all states of the game. Progression systems exist for a reason after all. 

Point #6: But advanced tribes SHOULD easily wipe lesser tribes, otherwise there is no point to progression. Why should I feel threatened at all by a tribe of 5 playing for a week vs my tribe of 10 playing for a year? It invalidates the entire idea of building up and creating a powerful position for yourself. Further, high-tier gear isn't actually super crazy more effective than flat primitive gear. In fact, I far prefer primitive/ramshackle blueprints for their cost efficiency. An ascendant longneck has like 3x the damage at max, but costs on the order of 20x+ the resource cost. It's certainly an advantage but not an end-all. 

Point #7: I agree with the breeding system being unhealthy, but this is hardly a change that requires a server reset.

Point #8: Something being a "waiting game" is not inherently bad. I actually dislike more active taming methods a lot more than knockout tames because it forces me to do actively boring/annoying things rather than allowing me to go do something else in-game. If you sit around and stare at a taming bar for the whole tame, that's just you playing extremely inefficiently.

Point #9: As a PvP player the Kibble rework doesn't really matter to me all that much, and honestly sounds like an excuse PvE players use for their dinosaur hoarding issues. PvP players have a LARGER need for bulk tames, breeding, kibble farms, etc as it is essential to their survival, yet tame capping a PvP server is a very rare occurrence. It's hilarious that people feel like they need mass amounts of egg tames when in all my nearly 6k+ hours of Official PvP I've obtained pretty much the top-tier stats comparable to PvE breeds without such. With like half a dozen scorpions we had enough eggs to tame Boss-Tier rex stats within the first 2 weeks of the new Officials and had hundreds of eggs to spare.

Point #10: People already moan on and on about environmental threats that dismount them, let alone actively kill high-tier tames. The entire premise of Ark hinges on creating your own sense of permanence, whether in PvP or PvE. You can't make bases/tames even moderately safe from players and yet vulnerable to comparatively stupid AI at the same time without totally recreating a different game between PvE and PvP

Point #11: I'd like to see more PvP in the ocean as well, but remind me again, what does that have to do with resetting the servers?

Wiping and starting over is literally the same "solution" people have whined on about for YEARS and it never changes anything. The "issues" of power imbalances stem primarily from people not understanding the very fundamental principle of social networking in Ark. More people + More Hours = More Power, and to be honest, it should be that way. 

7 hours ago, Frederikvi said:

Exactly you are right . every big tribe i know they have members from Different country's . when you are offline other tribe member with different time region gonna be online and continues the good work and defend of the base . 

alliance size limit of 3 tribes . this is exactly what we want to bring the power balance to PVP servers .

Useless. I had total server dominance in legacy with zero alliances because I still controlled things politically. Far before there were alliance systems period there were multi-tribe coordinated attacks/alliances. Limiting alliances is nothing but a mild inconvenience.

2 hours ago, Sup3riorArs3nal said:

Useless. I had total server dominance in legacy with zero alliances because I still controlled things politically. Far before there were alliance systems period there were multi-tribe coordinated attacks/alliances. Limiting alliances is nothing but a mild inconvenience.

It is not useless because if Tribes are made global (shared player/tame limit and alliance status across all servers in the cluster) - it'll be a logistical nightmare to do any cross-server activity.

On 5/10/2018 at 11:59 AM, DarthaNyan said:

It is not useless because if Tribes are made global (shared player/tame limit and alliance status across all servers in the cluster) - it'll be a logistical nightmare to do any cross-server activity.

lol no. Harder yes but the same exact end result. It takes a minute of thought to do workarounds.

Tribe 1 is allied to Tribe 2, 3, and 4. Tribe 2 is allied to Tribe 1, 3, and 4. Tribe 3 is allied to tribe 1, 2, and 4. Tribe 4 is allied to Tribe 2, 3, and 5. Tribe 5 is allied to Tribe 3, 4, and 6. Tribe 6 is allied to Tribe 4, 5, and 7. Tribe 7 is allied to Tribe 4, 5, and 6.

That's 70 people and with basic positioning you have clusters of alliances with built in overlap zones. connecting them.

Like I said I've operated in a server alliance to conduct large multi-tribe raids before there was even an official alliance system. At most it is a mild annoyance but not one that will actually change the mega dynamic in a meaningful way.

59 minutes ago, Sup3riorArs3nal said:

Tribe 1 is allied to Tribe 2, 3, and 4. Tribe 2 is allied to Tribe 1, 3, and 4. Tribe 3 is allied to tribe 1, 2, and 4. Tribe 4 is allied to Tribe 2, 3, and 5. Tribe 5 is allied to Tribe 3, 4, and 6. Tribe 6 is allied to Tribe 4, 5, and 7. Tribe 7 is allied to Tribe 4, 5, and 6.

wont work with restrictions i have given above. Making tribes/alliances global play a huge role in this. If Tribes are limited to 1 alliance of 3 tribes (not 4 (1+3) as you assumed) then that would mean that if Tribe 1 has an alliance named "[][][]" with tribes 2 and 3 then there is no way for any those tribes to be in any sort of alliance with tribes 4 and 5, because that would be completely different alliance. Hence the logistical nightmare - you'll only have at most 44 other officially allied players with you on whole server cluster, everything else will be red. That means no tame, base, bed share, no safety from turrets etc.

Yes you can be "allied" with others through words and promises, but helping them in any meaningful way will be difficult and there are more chances accidents to happen and for conflicts to spark (has happened multiple times before alliances were a thing).

Guest DJRone89
On 5/8/2018 at 2:49 AM, Z0mbie said:

Why don't you volunteer to do the phones for the suicide hotline while your at it.

Did you not think this was a huge exaggeration to the point I made?

It’s a game, and if you can’t tear yourself away from it from through of losing your progression, then you need to rethink how healthy this play style is - hence, a slave to the system.

A game should bring fun and enjoyment, not something you should relate to actual life, so your point is ridiculous.

Archived