Would you really quit if.....

Wowiwon

How many people would really quit ark if the ultimate wipe happened, but after it they implemented a new kibble system and building system? So everyone goes back to having nothing, however you no longer need a kibble farm, regions get locked, and pillars become a thing of the past. It would no doubt make some hardcore players pissed but it would help with so many issues. This is just hypothetical. Thoughts? Worth it? I would start from scratch for these fixs! 

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i'd be ok building back up. I felt originally when many of the legacy flaws traveled with us to the new server's that I could never rebuild but I have been more satisfied the last month or so with Ark's direction to the point that I may even finally buy Aberration though I want to see a reduction in lag first. 

I feel the customer support is moving in the right direction even if it's not where it needs to be yet

I think certain implementations have gone over well and were needed

I know this game is far from polished but I've seen more positive moves in my opinion over the last 2 months so my hope is still strong that they will continue to make beneficial calls. I am tek and metal heavy. All non-abb engrams with exception of tek cave run though that will be happening soon. Well set up on my server. I wouldn't necessarily want a wipe just for building or kibble rework but if it was to add better hardware thus giving us better security in game (fixing eating glitches, undermeshes, etc.) and to provide a smoother playing experience, for that I'd be ok to start back up. 

I can't fault those who wouldn't though. A lot of work, a lot of hours, for a second wave of "it means nothing." I'd get why they'd throw their hands up in disgust never to return. 

55 minutes ago, Wowiwon said:

How many people would really quit ark if the ultimate wipe happened, but after it they implemented a new kibble system and building system? So everyone goes back to having nothing, however you no longer need a kibble farm, regions get locked, and pillars become a thing of the past. It would no doubt make some hardcore players pissed but it would help with so many issues. This is just hypothetical. Thoughts? Worth it? I would start from scratch for these fixs! 

Locked regions is a bad idea because international tribes exist.
What could help: making tribes global, tribe size limit of 15, alliance size limit of 3 tribes, numbers of alliances per tribe - 1.

And there is no fix for pillaring as long as players can build everywhere. Taking away that ability would take a lot out of the game.

4 hours ago, DarthaNyan said:

What could help: making tribes global, tribe size limit of 15, alliance size limit of 3 tribes, numbers of alliances per tribe - 1.

And there is no fix for pillaring as long as players can build everywhere. Taking away that ability would take a lot out of the game.

Find a new tribe in your region. Regions on official need to be locked because everyone flocks to NA servers and destroys the latency. One of my servers is often unplayable when all the foreigners are online. Most other online games will either kick you or not allow you to join if your ping to the server is too high but ark is completely unregulated in that regard and it destroys the experience for those of us playing on our appropriate servers.

This is one of the biggest problems with the game IMO.

5 hours ago, yekrucifixion187 said:

i'd be ok building back up. I felt originally when many of the legacy flaws traveled with us to the new server's that I could never rebuild but I have been more satisfied the last month or so with Ark's direction to the point that I may even finally buy Aberration though I want to see a reduction in lag first. 

I feel the customer support is moving in the right direction even if it's not where it needs to be yet

I think certain implementations have gone over well and were needed

I know this game is far from polished but I've seen more positive moves in my opinion over the last 2 months so my hope is still strong that they will continue to make beneficial calls. I am tek and metal heavy. All non-abb engrams with exception of tek cave run though that will be happening soon. Well set up on my server. I wouldn't necessarily want a wipe just for building or kibble rework but if it was to add better hardware thus giving us better security in game (fixing eating glitches, undermeshes, etc.) and to provide a smoother playing experience, for that I'd be ok to start back up. 

I can't fault those who wouldn't though. A lot of work, a lot of hours, for a second wave of "it means nothing." I'd get why they'd throw their hands up in disgust never to return. 

I think you would enjoy Aberration! The best way to play it is starting fresh though. I cant remember if you are on official or a private, if private you will have an absolute blast starting fresh.

On topic: I would still play. I enjoy starting fresh and would gladly restart with these magical fixes.

14 hours ago, Wowiwon said:

If they wipe the servers again the game is finished imo would be an awful move breeding stats would be wiped out and then its back to day 1..... easy for the scrubs to agree to that but when you have multiple servers with multiple bases all full of ahit and caves packed out etc etc then nah am good mate think wont go for the wipe lol.

seriously just place extinction servers if you want a server wipe the legacy wipe made sense as everyone had hundreds of vaults filled with poop. Dupings not been an issue on the new servers really dont get what all the crying is about. Building up/farming etc is easy and the most fun but i just dont want to fo back to taming poop dinos looking for stata to breed. 

4 hours ago, Z0mbie said:

Most Veterans of the game have restarted from scratch many times so I don't think that would be a big problem. Not sure you could convince WC to lock regions th0.

i had to restart in new servers and this was 1 time to many already.

you guys clearly have no idea how much work it is to find all stats for breeding and then mutate them to where we are now.
restarting is not an option.

I just moved from xbox over to PC... A server wipe would greatly help me out in terms of being so far behind everyone. It would be incredibly unfair to players and alpha/mega tribes with thousands of time invested. I clearly wouldnt quit if it hypothetically happened now. But in a thousand hours... Id be devestated to start over. Still probably wouldnt quit unless they made server wipes a constant thing.

On 5/3/2018 at 5:30 PM, DarthaNyan said:

I'm willing to sacrifice International tribes for region locks. Take a vote, many would agree. 

They need to make new servers with more strict rule enforcement and better customer support, region locks, (insert other conditions here), AND charge a $4.99 Monthly subscription. Subcontract the admin positions if they don't have the man power. I'd do it in a heart beat. 

12 minutes ago, DarkSoul996 said:

I regularly start from scratch anyway. I play pve and pvp on both ps4 and pc so I usually jump around quite a lot. I've reached endgame in both modes and ultimately I end up getting bored. The fun for me is the fight to get established so a full wipe wouldn't bother me in the slightest.

this guy here, that's what i'm talkin bout.

Wipe wouldn't bother me, I start over every 4-6 months anyway. The early stages of the game are more fun imo. Once I have good fliers, wyverns, rex/gigas, the rest of the game feels a bit repetitive. After caves/bosses, there's very little to hold my interest. I'm not really a fan of breeding, so I trade. Just logging in for meat runs isn't fun. I enjoy the taming & base building though. Atm I've lost interest so my base decayed, lol. Replaying Witcher 3 atm. May play again when they implement Titan as a permanent tame. A portable fortress would be fun to build.

Guest DJRone89
2 hours ago, LadyJulia said:

All my event dinos would be gone! I collect the colors from the events. I would lose my perfect color dinos. I get attached to my pets I don't know if I could handle it.

Slave to the game. Not a great mentality to have.

Archived