Are Tamable Deathworms an option now?

Qwertymine

As most of us know, right now Deathworms are not tamable. But with the release of the Basilisk, a tame who can travel underground, what would you think of tamable Deathworms? Maybe they could grant a buff that reduces oxygen usage, seeing as how they always travel underground, and their saddle could be unlocked at a relatively high level. They would probably have to spawn in at different levels so that the max isn't 72 on a tamed one, but their stats would probably only grow slightly worse than a Rexes, so that they aren't too powerful. What do you guys think?

The mechanics behind it are a bit more complicated than switching the Tameable flag on the Deathworm to On.. You never see DWs above ground unless theyre attacking something, ever ghosted underground looking for them? The worm (non aggro) is pretty deep beneath the mesh positioned vertically, it doesnt move or wander while its above ground... Basically sits still while underground until something comes within its laaarge agro range then it burrows until it gets to its target.. 

Saddling it wouldnt be much of a change from saddling the basilisk, oxygen mechanic for rider etc

Lets look at KO vs passive tame method.. Only able to interact/attack the DW while its above ground.. If tranqing above ground and it burrows to flee..if torpor hits max while its burrowing will it stay underground once KOd? If its passive like for example needing a giga heart to feed it, youd still need to approach it while its above ground and attacking you - i dont believe ghillie helps avoid agro on DW to help with passive feedings once next to the creature while its aboveground, but again if it does work against DW you still need to initiate the aggro to get it above ground and stay put while you feed it. Orrr if we use the titanboa/basilisk taming method.. DW travels underground and cant eat the egg..

Then theres the stats.. 20kHP on a lvl1 DW... It is doable to add the mechanic that they added for the giga, nerf the HP upon taming..

Tamable Deathworm is DOABLE its just not as simple as saying hey we have a basilisk lets turn on DW taming.. Youd effectively need to make a new creature,or heavily alter the AI to include other dino mechanics to be able to be tamed.

Why do I feel like I am the only one who objects to this? Much as I feel like they should be tamable, but at the same time, I feel like they should remain as untamable.

• While Basilisk and Reaper King can move underground, some things to note is that they are hard to distinguish from an alpha since their burrowing don't emit a rage-like red cloud unless they emerge out, unlike Alpha variant of Deathworm, which can easily be identified by its cloud when moving around underground. 
  • Just because majority of normal variants of the alpha are tamable doesn't mean deathworm has to follow suit. Who knows? Extinction may have another alpha variant of the new dino that won't be tamable at any means.
  • Deathworm are always buried unlike Basilisk and Reaper King whenever they move, which could pose a questionable issue when moving around. While from what I saw that they can't move past building, they can only remain stationary when they emerge, unlike the two mentioned dino who can move around still, and they are very vulnerable when they are moving (dinos can still harm them since their hitbox are still there). This would make them both an excellent, and a terrible guard at the same time since they might end up falling into an inescapable spot.

• 1 month later...

Archived