Ark: Impossible to break away

blochmind

I love Ark. I love exploring, taming and building. Surviving and thriving. There is, however, a lot of good new games coming out, and I want to play them too, without fearing the loss of everything i have worked so hard and long for.

What is your solution to this WC? What if I want to take a vacation for two weeks and dont want my ps4 accompanying me? What if my tribe mates gave up a long time ago, because the maintenance and chores became too much and I now single handedly take care of everything? You have created a game from which it is nearly impossible to take a break, which I think is bad for your game and playerbase. Rather than allowing players to take a break somehow and come back when they feel refreshed, you punish any player that is gone for longer than 4 days, depending. 

Instate some kind of hibernation mode. Let us store, at least a few, dinos in the Ark for an unlimited anount of time. Losing a base is moot, and it can easily be rebuilt. But starting from scratch, tame wise, just becase i need a break seems raptoring ridiculous, no? If a player has dinos in the Ark but isnt “taking a break”, they are warned and the timers on their tames start. 

Dont add any more content, we swim in the stuff. Fix bugs and work on a way for your loyal player base to take a break once in a while. You will regret it if you dont; all or nothing? Most people will choose nothing, because its just one game. I am close to choosing to a new game, and because of your game mechanics, never coming back.

Could play single player or dedicated unofficial. You mentioned exploring, taming, building, surviving and thriving as things you enjoy. I'm sure some other part is fighting and trading with other survivors, but that comes with its cost. Could you imagine if bases never auto decayed on official PvP , or never became demolishable in PvE? The map would be littered with derelict bases nobody is using or rebuilding. 

Best to make the room for new players. If you can't break from official, roll in with a larger tribe that can help refresh timers for you. 

I dont care about keeping my base, and objects should decay - all for it.

I care about the multi mutated dinos that took ages to breed. Fighting and trading and caving with others is a huge part of it, i dont even understand single player.

I just want the ability to upload say 40-50 dinos, keep them there as long as i dont log in and as soon as i do ( im back from my two week trip, or whatever) the timer begins, and i can download them and search for a new place for a new base. Its not impossible, and the inability to do so makes a lot of people quit and even more players never start.

if you are solo taking care of an empire a large tribe created and abandoned don't put yourself through the gruelling task of maintaining it all.

Maintenance takes a huge chunk of time to make sure everything is fed and refreshed especially if it spans over multiple servers.

instead spend your time culling old dinos with obsolete stats. This will mean less dinos to feed.

With each passing week new and better dinos are available for trade on the forums.

A vast majorty of your current dino inventory is probably surpassed in stats by now expecially if you are the only one breeding the lines.

TLDR

1. cull old stats
2. only keep the farmers/haulers/cavers you intend to use.
3. keep 1 male and 2-3 females of imprinter eggers and selective taming kibbles you prefer
4. torch/zap the rest with a wyv
5. only refresh the buildings that you will actually find use for, clear out/salvage items and destroy the beds at the rest to avoid refreshing them.
6. rebrand your own tribe and start fresh. Your old tribe has quit, time to make the best of it.

Doing the above mentioned things will cut down your maintenance time by as much as 75% with less feeding and refreshing requirements.

Auto decay will take care of the rest.

Thus allowing you to get back to playing the game rather than clocking in overtime like a job. Thank me later!

Now onto the problem of leaving for over 1 week without logging in.

Currently this is impossible so you will have to look into logging into your account remotely to refresh things or finding a trustworthy person with good rep to house sit your tribe for you while away.

Hello,

I suggested a trading system that upload your dino and if price is right another player/tribe can then download it.

So a very large price would then give you back the creature.

I think the idea is good but still the server creature count might mess things up and another well known issue.

Better to save some eggs and just take a break.

Regards,

Ariana 

Archived