Ragnarok Theory

Neolord

Hey Survivors

Neolord here with a theory involving Helena Walker's Griffin Dossier. This thing.

File:Dossier Griffin.jpg  

This also my affect the Lore of ARK Survival Evolved. Did Helena Walker travel to Ragnarok? We know from the Explorer Notes that Helena Walker is the person who wrote all the Dossiers for the Inhabitants of ARK Survival Evolved. We also know that the Griffin can only be found on Ragnarok. Though it is possible that Helena could have encountered the Griffin elsewhere during her adventures through the ARK's. Now I'm only speculating as I have not fully read through the Notes of Helena Walker. Though it is possible she traveled to Ragnarok but if so, When did she travel there? This is just one of the many ARK questions that have gone unanswered. Did Helena Walker travel to Ragnarok? Did she encounter a Griffin during her adventure and if so, Where did she encounter it? I hope we can find the answer 

Thank you

2 hours ago, Neolord said:

We know from the Explorer Notes that Helena Walker is the person who wrote all the Dossiers for the Inhabitants of ARK Survival Evolved. We also know that the Griffin can only be found on Ragnarok. [snip] Did Helena Walker travel to Ragnarok? Did she encounter a Griffin during her adventure and if so, Where did she encounter it? I hope we can find the answer

The answer will be coming in future patches. WC has said that they are going to add lore features like Explorers' Notes to Ragnarok, so I'm betting that some of the lore surrounding Helena (and possibly others) will also change a little bit so that Ragnarok will be brought more into the ARK lore.

12 hours ago, SirPeter said:

It saddens me to think nothing further will be done to enhance Ragnarok. The griffin explorer note is a little confusing and I would like to see that get explained with a story to go along including the explorer notes. Maybe it'll make more sense once extinction is released?

I Agree SirPeter it saddens me also. The Dev's did mention adding Explorer Notes to Ragnarok with some lore not sure if it will be linked to ARK's lore though

On 5/3/2018 at 3:31 PM, xSperlx said:

Meh that underground cave is empty and useless

It's not empty, nor useless. It has one of the higher concentrations of Crystal on Ragnarok, and has a good amount of metal and obsidian. It's the ONLY place you can tame Bats at (Which seem to be a really rare spawn). It's also a very large cave that is hard to completely block off. Whats more, due to the extremely low light that can't be fixed much with Gamma, as well as it's sheer size and complexity, tribes on PvP servers can use it as a staging ground to take on the Alpha.

As for the dossier... Not all dossiers have to be written by Helena. It's quite possible that another survivor mimicd her notes.

9 hours ago, Frogspoison said:

It's not empty, nor useless. It has one of the higher concentrations of Crystal on Ragnarok, and has a good amount of metal and obsidian. It's the ONLY place you can tame Bats at (Which seem to be a really rare spawn). It's also a very large cave that is hard to completely block off. Whats more, due to the extremely low light that can't be fixed much with Gamma, as well as it's sheer size and complexity, tribes on PvP servers can use it as a staging ground to take on the Alpha.

As for the dossier... Not all dossiers have to be written by Helena. It's quite possible that another survivor mimicd her notes.

I don't think that's possible. A Survivor mimicking Helena Walkers notes would just be confusing for players and would completely ruin the dossiers. Not to mention the damage it would do to the lore of ARK. I just don't think that is something Wildcard or the Ragnarok Dev's would do. 

On 5/5/2018 at 8:23 PM, Frogspoison said:

-Lets make an underground biome with cool stuff and dinos from aberration

-Neh lets just make an empty cave and fill it with crystal and bats yay

11 minutes ago, xSperlx said:

-Lets make an underground biome with cool stuff and dinos from aberration

-Neh lets just make an empty cave and fill it with crystal and bats yay

It's redundant anyway. Ragnarok developers are done with Ragnarok. No amount of asking for aberration biomes or dinos will get you that. And again - it's the ONLY place you can tame bats on Ragnarok.

6 hours ago, Frogspoison said:

It's redundant anyway. Ragnarok developers are done with Ragnarok. No amount of asking for aberration biomes or dinos will get you that. And again - it's the ONLY place you can tame bats on Ragnarok.

Agreed, just like we're not going to get them on the Island or Center. This is part of WC's strategy, both from a gaming and business point of view. No map has everything you could possibly want, and I don't think that's ever going to change. If we ever see a new map that includes everything from all maps and all expansions, that's our sign that ARK development is over, that will be the last map they ever release.

• 3 months later...

Actually the ark don't have a perfect time line in the explorer notes (not dossiers) straight after the island it shows she was in scorched earth but Mei yin was transported straight to abberation and she saw Helena in aberration only a day after she was transported from the island so Mei yins notes suggest rockwell, Helena and herself was transported at the same time even though he Lena's notes suggest she went to scorched earth before so...... Very messed up time space continuum 

• 2 months later...

:Jerbhi:

Hello Survivors

It's been a while since I made this post and now that ARK Extinction has released it has opened my eyes to a new possible theory in regards to the Griffin Dossier found on Ragnarok. Helena didn't travel to Ragnarok before earth but after earth, After Ascending to Homo Deus. I believe that after discovering this new found power Helena possibly became curious as to what she could do with it. I do believe she could have, COULD HAVE created both The Center and Ragnarok as a way of testing her god like abilities and created the Dossier for the Griffin in the process.

Theory #2 would be that Helena ventured to Ragnarok disguised as a regular Survivor in order to quench her curiosity and prevent other survivors from discovering Homo Deus's Existence from those unaware. She than encountered the Griffin and studied it before returning to Earth.

Archived