Ark Devs Showing favoritism

Jon20cali

I guess they need money to keep the game going and TEA got plenty of money to give away :D, corrupted official pvp server. Mostly the server that got dev wiped was the one griefing TEA. Just go check xfish video, when someone mention they found undermesh base or got a clip of aimbotting, the dev ask which tribe and which server, as soon they write down 165/371 - TEA, they stop responding and you never hear from them after :). Plus, we kept griefing TEA, even drop a fob on them. They got out with 8 aimbotters 100% headshot, we had 50 people pushing their base, they kept spamming tek dino gate and even behemoth tek gate. Then when they started the panic, the server crash for 4 days then go on a 7 days rollback. Yeah i guess its normal, the hardware crash and they had to do a rollback. Moron.

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Also the on going raid, or most likely now finished raid on 155 against TEA was blatantly interrupted by a server down once the forces reached the main base and started to blow vaults etc. Once the server was back up for a couple of minutes it was shown that the server had reset for at least 3 hours, however since not enough enemy forces got into the server it was taken down fully.

1 hour ago, mafdet said:

Yeah but they really need to look into tea as well. Gotta get all the cheaters

Every day thousands of people drive their cars at high speed, few of them are caught

. Same thing here, i don’t think the point was to purge all the servers at once but punish some of the cheaters. Everyone  pointing at other tribes or those streamers/ YouTubes denying the truth saying « we don’t know what happened are litterally acting stupid not taking responsibility of their own actions. Guess what? Those people was banned because they are cheating. Even if they make video almost crying saying they won’t comeback to ark, I wont be affected. 

And seriously if they don’t come back to ark that would be the best thing for pvp

5 hours ago, Malko said:

Every day thousands of people drive their cars at high speed, few of them are caught

. Same thing here, i don’t think the point was to purge all the servers at once but punish some of the cheaters. Everyone  pointing at other tribes or those streamers/ YouTubes denying the truth saying « we don’t know what happened are litterally acting stupid not taking responsibility of their own actions. Guess what? Those people was banned because they are cheating. Even if they make video almost crying saying they won’t comeback to ark, I wont be affected. 

And seriously if they don’t come back to ark that would be the best thing for pvp

Problem is that the people everyone is crying about have been dev wiped and banned. Only to have their bans reverted, their server rolled back (Every time they're attacked/wiped mind you, not just when the dev does it, it's happened a few times now), and now all of their enemies are banned. 

2 hours ago, iAmE said:

Problem is that the people everyone is crying about have been dev wiped and banned.

Not my problem really, the move is easily explainable why one side in specific has been targetted. This has to do with the new code of conduct which gives a discretionnary right to GM on tribe constituating an Alliance. So basically, they probably choose to cut the bread in half. On the other hand, YSS has been touched for now and few people here and there counting a specific popular streamer/youtuber.

If we get back in time, if you remember, on legacy there has been big waves of ban like that too. People expect probably to get unbanned the same way it happened. But truth is that even if its "unfair" among 1 side or another, why did they cheat? If they were clean and totally, they wouldn't have been banned at all. I'm not saying all players in BLDX were cheaters, but there were people cheating. You can call "no proof" but, in fact we don't have to prouve it to the community to point them in specific, we should report them in order to get them banned just like it has been.They don't have to be fair to keep the same amount of players both side.they have to do their job and ban people cheating, thats what happened. When will be the next ban wave? We don't know but enforcing actions are necessary if you see what there is on pvp official servers.

17 hours ago, ango900 said:

tbh theres nothing wrong with that, if it doesnt effect the tribe why not get a little extra cash?

It's against ToS and CoC and you'll get dev-wiped on live stream and Jat will snark about it.

"Taxes were Overdue". You haven't seen that vid of guy getting wiped over a $5 RMT sale?

A-Team had their breeder inside them and sell gigas for $300 or so. And squids.  They figure they have a problem when they kill their own squid in enemy tribe on raid.

They kick the guy they but they thought he was just an insider because gigas went missing, 1 month later they get wiped for.... reasons. 

RMT definitely is not reason to wipe tribe unless it's obvious the tribe knew about that. Had their  breeder been selling eggs no one ever would have found him... few people account for every single egg.  But RMT whores are too lazy to raise gigas I guess.

23 hours ago, Malko said:

You basically just said it though. They don’t want to punish everyone, just some people. The key to that is that they are choosing who to wipe.

they won’t wipe tea. They have proof because they gave amnesty before. They still have proof but it’s swept under the rug. That’s why people are mad

42,714     49,470   Stardew Valley
41,375 53,050   Team Fortress 2
37,494 49,042   PAYDAY 2
36,660 48,903   Rocket League
35,155 46,229   ARK: Survival Evolved

Look guys Stardew Valley is beating Ark in players on a WEEKEND. This just goes to show how much the playerbase has declined since the beginning of the year because of Devs antics like this. They are inconsistent, they are not thorough. They are just bad, they are killing a game that was once awesome, that is horribly plagued by cheating. They take sides, they never have proof, maybe one day they will get their poop together.

• Volunteer Moderator
57 minutes ago, Inigo said:
42,714     49,470   Stardew Valley
41,375 53,050   Team Fortress 2
37,494 49,042   PAYDAY 2
36,660 48,903   Rocket League
35,155 46,229   ARK: Survival Evolved

Look guys Stardew Valley is beating Ark in players on a WEEKEND. This just goes to show how much the playerbase has declined since the beginning of the year because of Devs antics like this. They are inconsistent, they are not thorough. They are just bad, they are killing a game that was once awesome, that is horribly plagued by cheating. They take sides, they never have proof, maybe one day they will get their poop together.

There's also the fact that Stardew Valley is putting multiplayer through beta, which would draw people back to playing it, fyi.

15 hours ago, ciabattaroll said:

There's also the fact that Stardew Valley is putting multiplayer through beta, which would draw people back to playing it, fyi.

Is that supposed to change the fact that Ark's average players have dropped 32% since January? Or that it's yearly peak players has dropped 33%? So sure, it's a fact Stardew traditionally has about 9k avg players daily, but is now pushing past 40k and Ark in the process, because of their beta update.

But once upon a time Ark consistently had 80k daily, pushed 100k during it's peak.

Here we are, after so many ban waves, that caught up so many innocent players, and silly statements by JAT like, "Well you should do a better job vetting players into your tribe" trying to absolve themselves of any responsibility for not actually knowing who is cheating, and just banning everyone indiscriminately knowing theyll get the real cheater that way. If we looked at any company across the globe, including game development companies. Anytime an employee broke the law, a contract, or company policy, etc. You would realistically have to shutdown the entire operation over 1 bad apple. And that just isn't feasible. 

Take wildcard for example, sued because the lead developer breached a non-compete contract, poaching employees, wildcard lost $40mil over it, by Wildcards previous 'discplinary actions' against people who break the rules, the entirety of wildcard should have been shut down because of Jeremy Stieglitz. I mean he broke the rules man! THE RULES BRO!!!! By Wildcards current logic, all of wildcards employees should have been banned from game development because 1 dude did some unscrupulous BS.

The problem people have right now is the inconsistencies on cheaters being banned despite having plenty of evidence and documentation.

NoNoNo was was reported numerous times for having undermesh bases on Centermap 580, where they were also reported for riding around on a Broodmother a GM spawned in for them. GM didnt lose his job, No No No never got banned for undermeshing, when the rules on the box quetzels dropped, prohibiting them, No No No went on massive raiding sprees using box quetzels, and went unbanned despite all the videos, screenshots, and reports. Nothing happened. No No No caught multiple times duping, undermesh raiding, videos, screenshots, reports. nothing happened. Yet every large tribe or coalition they are fighting, is catching bans for the very same things they are getting a hard pass on. That's a pile of special right there. That's not even touching on how many times large attacks on their servers somehow always magically ended up being rolled back.

NoNoNo breaks up,  some join up with spartans and suddenly the remaining No No No start catching bans.

Meanwhile, Spartans come to power, and as evidence grows of their duping, their affiliates duping, using undermesh bases and undermesh raiding, other exploits all start surfacing. Nothing is done again, Spartan servers that get successfully raided are regularly rolled back, sometimes even a much as a week. And just like with No No No, their adversaries are catching bans for pretty much anything including weak reasons like, "Well we don't think you had a legitimate amount of C4 there", cuz when a  coalition of 600+ players can't somehow grind out tens of thousands of C4 a week(Devs don't play their own game, so they dont know), and unite on a single server bringing all their resources to bear, it cant possibly be legit.

Spartans crumbled eventually, people went their ways and like with No No No, suddenly the fragments started catching bans.

Meanwhile this new TEA group is exhibiting the exact same symptoms and scenarios as it's predecessors. And once again, nothing is being done. Thats why people are unhappy, thats why people are quitting, that's why Arks playerbase is getting lower and lower. I'm sure the persistent bugs, lag, and rampant cheating has something to do with it too, but devs dropping the banhammer left and right on people whom never cheated, literally drives players away.

AND LETS NOT FORGET just a month or so ago, despite having knowledge of MANY tribes abusing an admin console and basically having admin powers. they did NOTHING.

============

So at what point are they being Firm, Fair and Consistent?

What other game companies so indiscriminately ban innocent players in the hopes they get the real cheaters? Blizzard? Bluehole? Valve? SquareEnix? CCP Games(EVE Online), Ubisoft, etc?

Is it not common place that these studios identify an exploit or cheat, and actually implement tracking methods to identify those that are actually abusing said exploit and later drop a banwave?

Ark doesnt use unique IDs for items, it doesnt track dupe methods. It's nice that dinos have unique ids per each tame, but that didnt get NoNoNo, Spartans, etc. banned when they would attack you, and you'd kill the same giga, bronto, rex or turtle multiple times over. even with video and screenshots, it never got them banned.

So again, even with a tracking method like that, Devs still did nothing.

AND the games population is suffering because of it. 

Also I would very much recommend Stardew Valley. 

Why did TEA not get banned in all of this stuff going on like with the banning etc. I know some of the people that were banned were actually cheating, but that isn't the issue. There is proof that TEA has been cheating over and over even after the amnesty was given. Is there something I don't know about? I care about the game, and I really hope it isn't heading down in the path I think it is.

Archived